Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2014, 07:47 PM

1,259 posts, read 823,795 times

Advertisements

That's exactly why nobody takes libertarians seriously: they advocate abolishment of current institutions while not providing any alternatives...
Sure, let's jump off the cliff and hope we'll figure out how to land on the way down... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Haven't really thought about what is politically feasible because I am not much on pondering the best way to interfere in the life of my fellow man. I could personally care less what you and the other petty tyrants conjure up, and I'll handle my health care business on my own, hopefully free from any of your interference, tyvm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 07:50 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,935,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
No more public schools, no more army, no more police, no more libraries and no more FAA. Wow. That would be fun.
We ARE talking about the federal government, here, you know. And, I hate to say it, but you know what you said is a lie. The federal government is authorized by the Constitution to do about 5% of what it does. That would be military, courts, interstate commerce regulation, a postal service, a currency, and not much else.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
As a physician I have been caring for Medicare patients for nearly 40 years now. And the number of serious complaints from patients about the program have remained very very low. Because it is TOO good a deal for them. It covers TOO much, TOO easily and at TOO low a cost for them. I soon will partake at this trough in about 1 and a 1/2 years. Hot diggity dogs!
You know that is absolutley untrue.

Why do liberals resort to arguments easily proven wrong, the moment their nanny state teat is threatened to be removed?

Old 09-23-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
What is your politically feasible alternative to a single-payer system? i.e. an alternative that has a chance of becoming law.
It's called the free market.

Single payer is not feasible, in real life. You might get politicians to vote for it, but like all others, is simply impossible to sustain. Like Medicare, it will collapse totally. Why you'd want to do that to the public, I have no idea.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:55 PM

18,735 posts, read 8,341,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
You know that is absolutley untrue.

Why do liberals resort to arguments easily proven wrong, the moment their nanny state teat is threatened to be removed?
You know the history of all my Medicare patients?

Medicare is being removed?

Where do you come up with this?

Old 09-23-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Lol exactly.

He basically asked you "I know you don't want to rob any of these 3 people but if you had to which one would you rob?"

The statist mindset is so entrenched with folks I don't believe it can be broken via baby steps. It's either you get it or don't.
Basically, yes.

Their arguments always revolve around "just try winning your freedom, we can always buy the votes of the ignorant with your money..."

Old 09-23-2014, 08:03 PM

1,259 posts, read 823,795 times
Why? I thought libertarians oppose all government and not just the federal one. Oh, I got it. Youre not really libertarian you just hate the federal government and hide that hate under libertarian cover. Got ya. Good luck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
We ARE talking about the federal government, here, you know. And, I hate to say it, but you know what you said is a lie. The federal government is authorized by the Constitution to do about 5% of what it does. That would be military, courts, interstate commerce regulation, a postal service, a currency, and not much else.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
That's exactly why nobody takes libertarians seriously: they advocate abolishment of current institutions while not providing any alternatives...
Sure, let's jump off the cliff and hope we'll figure out how to land on the way down... LOL
Let me get this straight. Your argument is that nobody takes libertarians seriously, because they do not continuously plot strategy to control other people against their will?

You're truly nefarious and by logical deduction, what you think is good... is absolutely repulsive.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Why? I thought libertarians oppose all government and not just the federal one. Oh, I got it. Youre not really libertarian you just hate the federal government and hide that hate under libertarian cover. Got ya. Good luck lol
Have you ever considered the possibility that people say what they mean?

Or does your existence consist of studiously ignoring reality and making up your fantasy, when you then accuse everyone else of being?

Oh, and I have NEVER said I was a libertarian. Either small case OR capital "l" version. But you knew that, so I must assume you hoped to accomplish some deception.

Either way, lies are not a base for a solid morality OR society.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:20 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,222,569 times
Quote:
Why do I need an alternative for you? Am I your daddy?

I know what I would do if I could function without threat of imprisonment/death. What you would do is up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies