Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 10:35 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,704,765 times

Advertisements

Four years ago it was non stop Tea Party. We had Palin and Death Panels. The Tea Party complained constantly how Obamacare stole $500 billion from their Medicare. I was getting a robo-call every day. Palin went on a rant about Death Panels and the Tea Party ate it up. Now with "Death Panels" coming back the Tea Party and Sarah Palin are silent. Did it dawn suddenly on the Tea Party that spending other peoples money -$200 billion to extend a few seniors life by a couple of months might be excessive. Maybe finally fiscal conservatism finally hit the Tea Party in the face? I doubt it though since most love military spending.

Now we have a Sarah Palin Clone in Iowa. Joni Ernst bragged about castrating hogs when she was growing up and looked like a Sarah Palin clone wanting to kick 15 million people off the ACA and Medicaid. But now she has grown strangely silent on castrating hogs and is baking cookies.

Squeal - YouTube

Here is Joni Ernst new ad..another Tea Partier who wants to represent all of us.

About - YouTube

Now we have Trey Gowdy who was supposed to be the greatest thing since bottled beer for the Tea Party except he sounded bi-partisan during the first Benghazi hearing. Which leads me to the old Tea Party phrase "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." As Tea Partier do you think the Republicans will be able to pull the wool over enough peoples eyes before the election.

Trey Gowdy

Old 09-19-2014, 10:37 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,964,377 times
Because they're going to win either way.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:45 PM

1,259 posts, read 823,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
In Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. These states are doomed.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:54 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,367,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Have you thought about what is going to happen to the GOP in 2016?

You can bet the party has... and it's making them ill.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:02 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,704,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Have you thought about what is going to happen to the GOP in 2016?

You can bet the party has... and it's making them ill.
They are probably thinking can we keep being a bunch of raving lunatics or actually become a governing party? Kind of hard after four years of being lunatics. The silence over Death Panels so far is deafening. The typical Tea Party type who posts here thinks $16 billion in ACA subsidies to low income people is much worst than $240 billion of Medicare subsidies much of which goes to people like Dick Cheney with a million dollar heart transplant. Lets steal from the poor and give to the rich...maybe its finally soaking in for the Tea Party types.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:05 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,323,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Why Arent Republicans Throwing Red Meat Out To The Base?

They don't have to. Why over work the crowd, when the Democrats are doing a good job, sinking themselves.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:09 PM

17,314 posts, read 9,128,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Four years ago it was non stop Tea Party. We had Palin and Death Panels. The Tea Party complained constantly how Obamacare stole $500 billion from their Medicare. I was getting a robo-call every day. Palin went on a rant about Death Panels and the Tea Party ate it up. Now with "Death Panels" coming back the Tea Party and Sarah Palin are silent. Did it dawn suddenly on the Tea Party that spending other peoples money -$200 billion to extend a few seniors life by a couple of months might be excessive. Maybe finally fiscal conservatism finally hit the Tea Party in the face? I doubt it though since most love military spending.

Now we have a Sarah Palin Clone in Iowa. Joni Ernst bragged about castrating hogs when she was growing up and looked like a Sarah Palin clone wanting to kick 15 million people off the ACA and Medicaid. But now she has grown strangely silent on castrating hogs and is baking cookies.

Squeal - YouTube

Here is Joni Ernst new ad..another Tea Partier who wants to represent all of us.

About - YouTube

Now we have Trey Gowdy who was supposed to be the greatest thing since bottled beer for the Tea Party except he sounded bi-partisan during the first Benghazi hearing. Which leads me to the old Tea Party phrase "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." As Tea Partier do you think the Republicans will be able to pull the wool over enough peoples eyes before the election.

Trey Gowdy
You sound panicked. A nap might help.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:15 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,218,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They don't have to. Why over work the crowd, when the Democrats are doing a good job, sinking themselves.
Actually the opposite has been occurring, with nate silver showing that as we get closer to the elections its looking less likely that Republicans will gain control of both houses.

But hey, facts, why let them bother you.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:18 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,964,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
In Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. These states are doomed.
They aren't doomed, they'll just get more tax dollars from you and your fellow blue state inhabitants.

That reminds me, maybe you should think about a second job...

Old 09-19-2014, 11:20 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,843,432 times
Silly rabbits...what was this thead about anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies