Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

Kinder Egg - Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense In America

The Kinder Egg is a candy containing a surprise toy, made by the Ferrero candy company of Italy.

The Kinder Egg has long been banned in the land of the free due to purported safety concerns. The Kinder Eggs remain legal in Canada, and this has resulted in a thriving black market/smuggling operation of this form of candy/toy.
Canadian Kinder Surprise smuggling ring broken up by US officials | This is That with Pat Kelly and Peter Oldring | CBC Radio

Now the prominent gun-control advocacy group, 'Moms Demand Action' poses the question: if this great nation can ban the Kinder Egg, why can't we ban the gun? This is simply common sense, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 07:41 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Is there ANYTHING, ANYWHERE in the Bill Of Rights that guarantees to the citizens of the United States the RIGHT to buy, keep, and use Kinder Toys?
THAT is the difference!
What country do "Moms Demand Action" live in, that they didn't learn this in American History in junior high school? What state do they live in that doesn't have wording similar to the Second Amendment in the State Constitution? Are they REALLY all THAT uneducated that they don't know the difference between a Constitutional RIGHT and the CPSC banning a TOY?
THAT is incredibly sad!

Oh, by the way, MOMS, you CAN ban the gun! All you have to do is convince the Senate and the House to pass a Constitutional Amendment to repeal the Second Amendment. Then convince the President to sign it.
Then convince about 75% of the people in the United States that this new amendment is a GOOD THING, and they should convince their State Legislatures to ratify the new Amendment.
Of course, you will also have to convince the Legislatures of EVERY state that they should amend THEIR Constitution to repeal The RIGHT to keep and bear arms, AND convince the people that it would be a good idea to ratify the amendments.
You can try, but I doubt if you will succeed.
By the way, you should have learned all about THAT in high school Civics or Social Studies classes, too.
Apparently, you didn't. THAT, too, is rather sad!

Last edited by Redraven; 09-20-2014 at 07:55 PM..

Old 09-20-2014, 07:49 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
On Good Friday, a holiday celebrated by many Americans, Moms Demand Action is hand-delivering Kinder Surprise Eggs to newsrooms in major cities to relay an alarming truth:

I thought they were banned? This sort of shows the problem with banning something doesn't it?

Old 09-20-2014, 07:51 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
How can that be? The raving liberals here keep say that no one wants to ban guns.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:51 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
On Good Friday, a holiday celebrated by many Americans, Moms Demand Action is hand-delivering Kinder Surprise Eggs to newsrooms in major cities to relay an alarming truth:

I thought they were banned? This sort of shows the problem with banning something doesn't it?
If they are truly BANNED, will there be law enforcement personnel there to arrest those who are distributing the things?

Old 09-20-2014, 08:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Damn, if there is one reason to hate the American Government it's the ****ing Kinder Egg.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:07 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
I always find it interesting that the right to self-defense is continually bandied about as something we can ban. How is it that women, who are generally smaller and not as strong as men, don't want to have in their possession something that levels the playing field? So many women talk a good talk about "women's equality" and "social justice" but don't think about exactly what they would do if someone broke into their home while their man is away and harmed their children or attacked them. It's the illogical notion of being "morally superior" added to the notion that criminals follow laws. Ah, yes, there's a T-shirt that says, "Explain to me how being raped, tortured, then strangled to death with my own panty hose is morally superior to having to explain to a jury of my peers how my attacker died of a bullet wound to the head."

FWIW - if every single gun and all the ammo in the United States were destroyed, and the borders were actually policed to stop any from coming in, it would take exactly 3 weeks for guns to reappear on the street. Thinking that people cannot create a gun in a machine shop, or that ammo can't be made from things lying around is just foolishness.

A gun is a tool. A fork can be a tool or a weapon. A butter knife can be a weapon. I can drop a plate on the ground and use the shards as a weapon. A gun just gives me a whole lot more distance between my attacker and me. Why wouldn't a woman want to be able to do that? I used to be for gun control, until I was attacked. Now I get it. Now for me, gun control is using both hands.

Again, all of this goes back to dear Eric Holder's declaration that he is going to brainwash the public

(which he later changed to brainwash young black men")
"

into hating guns. I don't see any of the politicians or leaders doing away with their armed guards. I can't afford an armed guard. So I learned self defense. I suggest all the women on this forum do the same. The war on guns is actually a war on minorities and women. Somehow all these guys in power get to keep theirs.

BTW - the woman who runs that campaign says she is just a mom. She's actually a PR expert and an activist.

and yeah, pknopp, didn't they ban drinking and driving? How's that workin'? Texting and driving? People still dying.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:31 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
If they are truly BANNED, will there be law enforcement personnel there to arrest those who are distributing the things?
ROLMAO Would they be the Kinder Kops or the Egg Fuzz ?????? How much time would I get for "Egg Possession with intent" ?? What if I was an Egg smuggler with scrambled.... You see where this is going,
right ?

Old 09-21-2014, 09:45 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl
BTW - the woman who runs that campaign says she is just a mom. She's actually a PR expert and an activist.
Well she should turn in her expert card. Didn't they teach her in PR school that it is not a PR coup to have people pointing at you and laughing?

Old 09-21-2014, 04:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Kinder eggs are available in the US.

The toy on the middle is too big to constitute a choking hazard.

The Customs Harmonized Tariff bans it because they can't classify it as a confection or a toy and thus it is banned for import. The FDA took it one step further by saying American children are too stupid to not choke on the toy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies