Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 05:13 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pfffffft...nonsense.

They've got nothing, so they're charging him with NOTHING.

And a "less than honorable" discharge?" I'll believe it when I see it.

What do we have to say now?

Oh...that you don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Whaddya know!

Haters making things up in order to justify their irrational Obamaphobia.

Who would have ever guessed?
Whaddya know!

Cheer leaders making things up in order to justify their irrational Obama love affair.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 05:15 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Who cares?

The nonsense continues from the Right, while President Obama continues to excel and be a tremendous President.

As usual, the President holds the superior position and does the right thing. We are fortunate to have this man at the helm.

This is the only UPDATE that matters, and it's not even breaking news.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:20 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If he was going to worry about being embarrassed he wouldn't have done this in the first place, his first concern as it should be was getting him back. It may turn out that he was a deserter but I would rather hear that from a military tribunal rather than a news interview, nothing else matters. No one knows all the facts, at this point it's complicated. There's a good chance that he will get off with a dishonorable discharge if convicted, nothing else.

I just find a good deal of irony in that those critical of his return would more than likely be criticizing the US taking no action at all.
Obama stupidly thought he was going to get a lot of good press for recovering an American soldier "held captive" by the Taliban. At the same time he was trying to begin the promised shutdown of Gitmo, which most right thinking people held that promise as a mistake, if carried out. It all backfired on him. People like you, however will continue to support him even if one or more of the 5 he freed end up responsible for more American deaths.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:23 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The nonsense continues from the Right, while President Obama continues to excel and be a tremendous President.

As usual, the President holds the superior position and does the right thing. We are fortunate to have this man at the helm.

This is the only UPDATE that matters, and it's not even breaking news.
Who is "We"? What America hating group do you belong to?

Old 09-22-2014, 05:26 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Who is "We"? What America hating group do you belong to?
That poster dislikes anyone who doesn't do the goose step with the rest of Obama zealots. At this point, it must include about half of the DNC, since most are distancing themselves from him. Oh the irony!

...I'd love to see all Democrat candidates run on their actual position, which may or not be that of following Obama, but they won't because they are dishonest and only care about covering their arses.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:31 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Is Obama whitewashing a traitor? | New York Post

Well, well, well ... what have we here? Looks like Obama is whitewashing the actions of a cowardly deserter, just as I predicted. It looks like he will not face punishment, the general conducting the "investigation" is a 'yes man'. I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya!

I saw this coming from a mile away, all the naysayers insisted that the Army would never cave to protect
Obama. What do they have to say now?
They've pretty much said what's been well documented. Aside from some Stockholm Syndrome-like tendencies, there wasn't much to show Bergdahl had turned.

Quote:
"We were always looking for actionable intelligence. It wasn't just the IC [intelligence community]. We had tactical units that were involved in the fight. We had SIGINT.
Any collaborators who were on the other side and who came over to our side. We kept an eye on this. ... There was never any evidence of collaboration."

General James Mattis (USMC, CENTCOM Commander 2010-12)

Old 09-22-2014, 05:49 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Whaddya know!

Haters making things up in order to justify their irrational Obamaphobia.

Ridiculous assumption on your part. The fact that Obama broke the ages long philosophy of "we don't
deal with terrorist" to get a deserter back is as dangerous as it is stupid.

Obozo took an oath to protect the Country, then turns around and sends 5 more terrorist back to try to
kill us. What a moron.

Next they will try to give Bergdahl a metal. After all, 4 good men died looking for his worthless azz.
I guess they call that justice......

Old 09-22-2014, 05:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Neither do you, but then again what can a corporal tell them?
I'm not the one trying to act like they do. It really doesn't matter how much a corporal could tell. If he told them something as simple as how many men were in his camp that would be treason would it not?

But the point is, you are willing to completely dismiss things based upon your politics and nothing more.

Quote:
So, you don't see a difference between someone with clearance to classified information, and deliberately delivers it to foreign powers and an army corporal who is taken POW?
I don't know what happened exactly. From what I seem to understand, he freely walked away and walked into the camp of the "enemy". Does that describe being "taken" by anyone?

It seems to me that both Bergdahl and Snowden believe they were lied to by the government which led to their actions. Seems to me both have a good case there.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:56 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Sure you can. Just try thinking instead of emoting. vs
No, there's no thought process which leads to Snowden villified and Bergdahl given a pass. The decision was made because Obama hates integrity and loves treason.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 PM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
To have a point, just quote my post in this thread where I've defended Obama.

I poke fun at the haters all the time. That's not the same thing, is it...

We could just pick about any post couldn't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies