Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 03:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A sympathizer? So am I. I have nothing against anyone in Afghanistan. Not a single soul.

Again, show proof that he's a deserter. You can't. All you have are conservative talking points.
To be factual we do have the words of those he served with also. I hardly think they are simply "conservative talking points".

Quote:
You "think" the soldier's accusations have validity? .
Probably more than ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 03:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by triple8s
While families mourn over the death of loved ones who went out looking for this POS, Bergdahl is at home wrapped up in his blankie with Mommy and Daddy.

No matter, it's just another nail in the parties coffin come next month.
Apparently, has not yet seen his parents.

Lol--nail in the coffin? I'll bet you $100 that if you go out on the street and ask people who Berghdal is you will get blank stares.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:40 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
A sympathizer? So am I. I have nothing against anyone in Afghanistan. Not a single soul.

Again, show proof that he's a deserter. You can't. All you have are conservative talking points.

You "think" the soldier's accusations have validity? Right...so you admit to not knowing doodly squat.

And I don't know anything about soldiers dying to look for him. I've seen no confirmation of that either. Soldiers go on patrol everyday whether a colleague is missing or not, so what's the difference if they did die looking for him?

You've got nothing so calm down.
If I have nothing, you have less.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:53 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The thing I find odd is that Snowden exposes illegal action and lies by the government and he is supposedly a traitor. Bergdahl does something illegal and goes to the enemy and he is O.K.

I can't quite comprehend that.
Snowden doesn't fit into Obama's FAILED agenda that's why.

The ever inept clown Obama is completely lost with his ME policies.

If Obama's fanatical supporters knew that 6 YEARS later we would still be in Iraq AND flying missions in Syria he would have never been elected in the first place, so all they'll do is continue to believe his LIES and accept his FAILURES while blaming others.

How PATHETIC !!!

BTW Bergdahl should be hanged and his father charged with treason for wishing ill on America.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

BTW Bergdahl should be hanged and his father charged with treason for wishing ill on America.
I sometimes have to wonder if half the posts here aren't designed to try and make someone else look bad as opposed to providing ones point of view.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
To be factual we do have the words of those he served with also. I hardly think they are simply "conservative talking points".

Probably more than ours.
The guys he served with? So we can convict him of desertion according inference and innuendo by "those he served with?"

The military has made it clear that desertion is already damn near an impossible charge to prove.

So if the bar for proof is that high, why should I believe simple statements by guys that may have an axe to grind and whom I know even less than I know Bergdahl...and I don't know much of anything about him either. Neither do you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
I told you to read the link I provided!!! And I also told you that you and Bergdahl had a lot in common. You should look him up.

I find it hard to believe that anyone ever liked you. You come off as one of the most unlikeable people to exist. Of course, I'm sure you believe that everyone else is the problem, and not you. LOL
Nope. If being me means being unlikable, then being unlikable is preferable to being likable. I'm perfectly happy coming off as insolent.

Besides, I've got enough friends...ain't looking for more.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:27 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
LMAO...congressional elections come and go.

Republicans have had their day in the sun before, and they managed to lose it all.

And there's no reason to believe that it won't happen again.

So please...chill out. Republicans aren't gonna have a permanent majority .

It "seems" he deserted? So you don't know...just like I thought.

Some of his cohorts are against him? Big deal...nothing new.

I was in the Army with a bunch of A-holes too...many of whom I wouldn't throw water on if they were on fire.

So 5 or 6 guys don't like him. Far more than that didn't like me. And I hated 10 times that number.

BTW...it's never been substantiated that ANYONE died looking for him. Nothing. No official reports state that.
Eau contraries batman. They went to look for this conflicted fool numerous times starting that evening. In several of those patrols men were killed. Had his conflicted self simply claimed conscientious objector status they could have skipped the exercise?

I was in the marines and there were plenty I didn't care for but, I never would have wanted to see any of them die on my behalf. Must be the difference between the marines I guess. While no angels, he had the ability to stop it.

Believe what you wish, it is your right. And hank you for your service. Hopefully the truth will all one out. Someday after this president is long gone.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
The guys he served with? So we can convict him of desertion according inference and innuendo by "those he served with?"
I didn't say that did I? Want to start over with what you said and what I replied with?

Old 09-24-2014, 06:40 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
I don't think they will convict him of desertion, maybe not even AWOL, doubtful he will even go to trial.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Eau contraries batman. They went to look for this conflicted fool numerous times starting that evening. In several of those patrols men were killed. Had his conflicted self simply claimed conscientious objector status they could have skipped the exercise?

I was in the marines and there were plenty I didn't care for but, I never would have wanted to see any of them die on my behalf. Must be the difference between the marines I guess. While no angels, he had the ability to stop it.

Believe what you wish, it is your right. And hank you for your service. Hopefully the truth will all one out. Someday after this president is long gone.
They're airborne infantrymen...they have to go out on patrols regardless.

Guys got killed? Yeah. That's what happens in wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies