Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 07:41 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
So essentially, when Republicans say something offensive you will jump on them for that and when they condemn someone for saying something offensive, you will jump on them for that too. So what you say is basically worthless. You reveal that your only standard of ethics and principles is that you don't like Republicans because they're Republicans, regardless of what they do or say. Which makes you exactly the sort of bigot that you claim they are.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The second in command of the Republican Party in Arizona Russel Pearce was forced to resign from his position after some remarks he made on his radio show in Phoenix.

Here is what he said.."You put me in charge of Medicaid," Pearce told one caller, "the first thing I'd do is get [female recipients] Norplant, birth-control implants, or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs and alcohol, and if you want to [reproduce] or use drugs or alcohol, then get a job."

Then a few days later this is what we hear from other leaders in the party "Russell Pearce's recent comments, we are told, are "disgusting and offensive." They are "cruel", "revolting" and "unrepresentative of the Republican Party." They are "ignorant, hateful comments …. insulting to women everywhere. "

Wait a minute this is what Arizona Republican sound like all the time..except now when they are trying to rebrand their image before the election.

Russell Pearce Disses Government ?Programs for the Poor on His Radio Show, While Helping to Run One | Phoenix New Times

Is anybody really surprised by Russell Pearce's rant?
Correct, he only said what many of them really believe, they do not like it because he said it in public for all to hear.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:46 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
First of all, this is not a freedom of speech issue. This guy is free to rant all he wants, and the GOP is equally free to disassociate from him.

Secondly, I'm still waiting for some kind of reprimand from the Democratic Party for Danny K Davis after he said that it was "natural" for people to align politically according to color of skin. I think it has been a couple years now, so I suppose I can safely assume that no reprimand of any kind is coming.

The fact is the real party of racism now is the Democratic Party. It's a subtle form of racism, but racism nonetheless. W Bush had a good term for it--'soft bigotry.'
Why don't you put it in Politically Correct language for all of us to read. Saying that it is natural for a person with a broken leg is the same as what Davis said. He Just told the truth.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:04 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times
Why I am not a Republican Party member. The Republican Party has abandoned the grassroots principles of it's conservative support base and in turn it's base has abandoned it. So it has turned to big business amongst other things, for it's support. And of course, along with that, comes political correctness. Yes Republican party candidates, forget the average Joe and Jane that support(ed) you and pander to the big money!! I am a traditional conservative and the republican party does NOT speak for me. As it doesn't and hasn't for a lot of traditional conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies