Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 03:39 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
*golf clap* you are spot on..conservatives and republicans no longer have anything in common

You sir(or ma'am) are delusional if you think the baggers have done ANYTHING of benefit for America other than to put total idiots in the spotlight...these are the brainiacs who have Joe the unlicensed Plumber as their face and Kochs as their backs...study to show thyself approved

Don't let a few people you disapprove of get in the way of less Gov, lower taxes, responsible spending and a Balance Budget. These values are what most people can agree on. Unless you wish to pay the IRS more? Go ahead pay some of my taxes!

Why do you throw in the Koch's People in the mix.

I could refer to your team guys as Tom Styer, Gates, Soros supporting Media Matters and the DNC.

Then you sir , have not done your home work! I guess the Tea Party is not "Your cup of Tea" Shame there are many regular people who care about this country that consider themselves a Tea Party Supporter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 03:58 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
This Morning on One American News had a story that the DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Shultz is causing mass inter conflict with the up coming mid terms. Since the Gov. Walker wise crack moderate Dems and Liberals are very concerned that the end fighting will cause a minority status in the next congress and the 2016 election.

The DNC is very divided on Clinton as their nominee. Good for the GOP if they keep on brand and on message.

So bottom line the DNC is in a perpetual tail spin and there is no positive outcome in the future for Democrats. Many will either sit out or vote Conservative.
The entire political system is a train wreck! As long as politicians only give lip service to the people, while being cronies for their puppet masters the country will remain in a tail spin.

Their friends are "too big to fail", but I guess the tax base (country) isn't?

Just wait until the bills come due for the spending spree both parties have been on!

Old 09-22-2014, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by kidkaos2
Talk all you want but I went ahead and threw my vote behind the Reform Party once, and the Democrat won. And he won by a lower margin than the Reform Party got. That means if those of us who abandoned the Republicans to vote Reform had stayed Republican then the Democrat would have lost. I learned my lesson then and will never throw my vote away again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obviously you didn't support what the Republican was selling. Why vote for something you don't support just because you also don't support another candidate?
...but kidkaos2 is saying that he supported what the Democrat was selling even less.

If you vote for the right person, and get the more evil of the three options, you've basically screwed yourself and the country. This is the byproduct of having two sides of the same evil coin (Ds and Rs).

The political system has been bastardized to serve those who are supposed to be serving us.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You mean like the struggle the GOP is having with those associated with the Tea Party. Both Parties are trying to deal with descent within their own ranks, difference the Dems do this all the time due to the make up of the Party, Cons on the other hand do not allow for descent from within the ranks and are not sure how to deal with it.
The TEA people are only trying to bring the party back to its root charter. It's a good thing, and will only make the party stronger.

On the other hand, progressives have taken over the DNC with the blue bloods and moderates being held hostage all the way. Just now, twenty years later, are some trying to take the party back. It's about friggin time!

Old 09-22-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
The Democrats have no chance at winning the next election after the disaster is the current administration. The American People are becoming more and more aware of the big Government powers that are oppressing the population. They want to low taxes, better jobs, smaller Government, their Religious Rights to be protected, and our enemies such as ISIS destroyed. The far-left is quite frankly on the war path and people in America are realizing it. Their plans, such as raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour, are destroying the job market. Their "progressivism" is nothing more than progressing off the proverbial cliff.
I can only hope you're right, but the latest generation of liberals seem entirely ignorant of history. Obama was given another four years, even in the face of his inability to lead. I've never known a time when ideology, not reality, led the way so shamelessly and with such irrational gusto.

...but then, some older Democrats still believe Carter was a great president as well, though history tells us differently.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Then they certainly shouldn't be voting for ANY Democrats OR Republican for any national office.

The Republican Party is every bit 100% as big-gov't nanny state as the Dems, and anyone not able to see that is a blind partisan hack.

The message that the Republican party (of the past 40 years or so) is the party of "small government" is one of the most enormous lies in American politics.

Unfortunately, there are huge numbers of knee-jerk, useful idiots who still flock to the polls to vote for them.

The Dems are no better.

No reasonable person should vote for ANY members of either of the two major parties for any national office in this country. Ever.

Wait a second... I do agree with you BUT the Republican party is breeding a new party within itself, and it's the original premise of (wait for it).... .... .. The Republican Party! The caveat is that we will be called the Libertarian Party.

Smaller government, less intrusive overlapping regulating, trimmed down bureaucratic nonsense, and a return to the Constitution as a timeless living document.

Rand Paul 2016

Old 09-22-2014, 04:48 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Doesn't matter. The masses will continue to vote in Dems because Dems promise them the world.
Also consider that the majority of voters don't have a clue about politics or, my favorite, "don't care". They "don't care" but they still go vote for whatever president they're told to vote for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And yet people still refuse to vote third party in national elections because they are convinced they are "throwing away their vote".

The only way one "throws away their vote" is by not voting.
People are convinced that they really only have a choice of two parties.
People need to wake up and realize that if a third party can get 5% of the vote then that third party gets legs.
And neither the D's nor the R's in power want a third party to get legs and standing in "the game" we call politics.
I tried to say that all last election. I'm a Conservative and several Republicans on this board tried to tell me, and anyone else who didn't vote for ol' Mittens, that we "threw" our vote away. No, I didn't. I won't vote for yet another empty suit/puppet. I voted to send a message. That is not a throw away vote.

Of course neither the Dems or Repubs want a third party. The difference between Dems and Repubs is so slight now, you can vote for either side and get the same outcome.

Prog/NeoCon: "You have two choices. You can vote to eat this pile of crap, or you can vote to eat that pile of crap. Which one is it?"

Me: "Wait, what about that guy over there?"

Prog/NeoCon: "No! You can't vote for that guy...I mean, you can, but you need to vote for one of these piles of crap or you may as well not vote at all!"

So my choices are: Crap pile A or Crap pile B. Voting for an actual viable candidate over piles of crap is throwing my vote away, according to some. Idiots.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by kidkaos2
Talk all you want but I went ahead and threw my vote behind the Reform Party once, and the Democrat won. And he won by a lower margin than the Reform Party got. That means if those of us who abandoned the Republicans to vote Reform had stayed Republican then the Democrat would have lost. I learned my lesson then and will never throw my vote away again.

...but kidkaos2 is saying that he supported what the Democrat was selling even less.

If you vote for the right person, and get the more evil of the three options, you've basically screwed yourself and the country.
Right now both the (D) and the (R)'s are voting for war. Is it possible I dislike one less than the other? Yes, but I lose either way so I'm not voting for one because I'm afraid the other will win if I don't. I'm voting for the one against war and then at least I can sleep at night.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:58 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default Bottom Line

Quote:
The entire political system is a train wreck! As long as politicians only give lip service to the people, while being cronies for their puppet masters the country will remain in a tail spin.

Their friends are "too big to fail", but I guess the tax base (country) isn't?

Just wait until the bills come due for the spending spree both parties have been on!
I think you have struck on a valid point. Both Parties can not tolerate a third party. What will happen on both side after Democratic loss this fall, is New Hybrid of its self to appear up dated and new. Note the Democratic loses may or may not be as horrible as the so call experts predict.

The Republicans with the Tea Party is already transitioning into this. We will see less candidates branding themselves Dem Or Rep so they can avoid the negative miss steps of their respective party.

2016 will be interesting and I suspect brand new tactics to move from the negative message of Hope and Change.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
The TEA people are only trying to bring the party back to its root charter. It's a good thing, and will only make the party stronger.

On the other hand, progressives have taken over the DNC with the blue bloods and moderates being held hostage all the way. Just now, twenty years later, are some trying to take the party back. It's about friggin time!
If You say so, then it must be true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies