Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 02:27 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
People can believe whatever they like. People who don't believe AGW is a problem had their say and we have now passed the regulations to control greenhouse gases. You don't have to believe, you do have to obey the regulations.
The EPA had those regulations created by environMENTAL groups, basically special interests running the show like usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 02:31 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
They can't even predict day to day weather, how are they going to predict long term weather patterns. A Chimp or Monkey is more accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
The EPA had those regulations created by environMENTAL groups, basically special interests running the show like usual.
Absolutely!

Old 09-22-2014, 02:37 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,992,465 times
Here's a legitimate source. My browser won't open your link due to malware on it. Quick Facts on Ice Sheets | National Snow and Ice Data Center

Notice losing the Greenland Ice Sheet raises sea level by abut 20 feet

Old 09-22-2014, 03:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Yet you just repeated a quote from a liar that has discredited himself....Granted it is funny watching a wacko climate alarmist, wearing a tin foil hat talk, but that isn't really news worthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mih2chRdhto
Believe whatever you want, clearly you think there is no global warming, so there must not be.....

Old 09-22-2014, 03:23 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Here's a legitimate source. My browser won't open your link due to malware on it. Quick Facts on Ice Sheets | National Snow and Ice Data Center

Notice losing the Greenland Ice Sheet raises sea level by abut 20 feet
IF the entire Greenland ice sheet is lost ....

Old 09-22-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
People can believe whatever they like. People who don't believe AGW is a problem had their say and we have now passed the regulations to control greenhouse gases. You don't have to believe, you do have to obey the regulations.
Wow! I can hardly wait for CO2 levels to drop precipitously.

In the meantime, solar radiant output is declining, and that means global cooling. Have you stocked up on your woolen underwear?

Old 09-22-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
how dare you question my God? you say. My belief is sound.

I ignore the consensus to form my opinion . . . Belief first, than Evidence. That is the Anti Global Warm crowd!

give me a break. using google to find your niche argument and cherry picking scientist doesn't turn the fact that the view of the scientific community is aligned on this one. Watch Cosmos (was on Fox) episode about Global Warming, i'm sure its dumbed down enough for you faux news online viewers

anti global warming and conspiracy theorists. . same crap, different day
So is mine. But I read sources that your side denies have merit because they are funded by Exxon Mobile or other "special" interests. Or because the source authors are not accreditied climate so call scientists.

Your side cannot argue on merit. You argue completely on faith. You are no different than the thumpers over on the Christianity forum in terms of your arguments.

So stop with your self righteousness. You folks do not have open minds.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:33 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Believe whatever you want, clearly you think there is no global warming, so there must not be.....

“Please remain calm: The Earth will heal itself -- Climate is beyond our power to
control...Earth doesn't care about governments or their legislation. You can't find
much actual global warming in present-day weather observations. Climate change is
a matter of geologic time, something that the earth routinely does on its own without
asking anyone's permission or explaining itself.”
-- Nobel Prize-Winning Stanford
University Physicist Dr. Robert B. Laughlin, who won the Nobel Prize for physics in
1998, and was formerly a research scientist at Lawrence Livermore National
Laboratory.

“In essence, the *** is up. The whole thing is a fraud. And even the fraudsters that
fudged data are admitting to temperature history that they used to say didn't
happen...Perhaps what has doomed the Climategate fraudsters the most was their
brazenness in fudging the data” --
Dr. Christopher J. Kobus, Associate Professor of
Mechanical Engineering at Oakland University, specializes in alternative energy, thermal
transport phenomena, two-phase flow and fluid and thermal energy systems and has
published peer-reviewed papers.

“The energy mankind generates is so small compared to that overall energy budget that
it simply cannot affect the climate...The planet’s climate is doing its own thing, but we
cannot pinpoint significant trends in changes to it because it dates back millions of
years while the study of it began only recently. We are children of the Sun; we simply
lack data to draw the proper conclusions.” -
- Russian Scientist Dr. Anatoly Levitin, the
head of geomagnetic variations laboratory at the Institute of Terrestrial Magnetism,
Ionosphere and Radiowave Propagation of the Russian Academy of Sciences who has

After all that, you can believe all the mainstream lying mouth pieces you want. Just don't expect everyone else to believe the science is settled.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:35 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,717 times
Quote:
“Please remain calm: The Earth will heal itself -- Climate is beyond our power to
control...Earth doesn't care about governments or their legislation. You can't find
much actual global warming in present-day weather observations. Climate change is
a matter of geologic time, something that the earth routinely does on its own without
University Physicist Dr. Robert B. Laughlin, who won the Nobel Prize for physics in
Laboratory.

“In essence, the *** is up. The whole thing is a fraud. And even the fraudsters that
Mechanical Engineering at Oakland University, specializes in alternative energy, thermal
transport phenomena, two-phase flow and fluid and thermal energy systems and has

“The energy mankind generates is so small compared to that overall energy budget that
it simply cannot affect the climate...The planet’s climate is doing its own thing, but we
cannot pinpoint significant trends in changes to it because it dates back millions of
years while the study of it began only recently. We are children of the Sun; we simply
head of geomagnetic variations laboratory at the Institute of Terrestrial Magnetism,

After all that, you can believe all the mainstream lying mouth pieces you want. Just don't expect everyone else to believe the science is settled.
Let me add to that...

"We routinely wrote scare stories...Our press reports were more or less true...We were out to whip the public into a frenzy about the environment."
Jim Sibbison, environmental journalist, former public relations official for the Environmental Protection Agency

"The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe."
Emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

"I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are, and how hopeful it is that we are going to solve this crisis."
Al Gore

"It is no secret that a lot of climate-change research is subject to opinion, that climate models sometimes disagree even on the signs of the future changes (e.g. drier vs. wetter future climate). The problem is, only sensational exaggeration makes the kind of story that will get politicians’ — and readers’ — attention. So, yes, climate scientists might exaggerate, but in today’s world, this is the only way to assure any political action and thus more federal financing to reduce the scientific uncertainty."
Monika Kopacz, atmospheric scientist

“No matter if the science is all phoney, there are collateral environmental benefits.... climate change [provides] the greatest chance to bring about justice and equality in the world.”
Christine Stewart, former Canadian Environment Minister

“We’ve got to ride the global-warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.”
Timothy Wirth, U.S./UN functionary, former elected Democrat Senator

"A global climate treaty must be implemented even if there is no scientific evidence to back the greenhouse effect."
Richard Benedik, former U.S./UN bureaucrat

“I had the privilege of being fired by Al Gore, since I refused to go along with his alarmism....I have spent a long research career studying physics that is closely related to the greenhouse effect....Fears about man-made global warming are unwarranted and are not based on good science. The earth's climate is changing now, as it always has. There is no evidence that the changes differ in any qualitative way from those of the past.”
Will Harper, Princeton University physicist, former Director of Energy Research at the Department of Energy

"The only thing to worry about is the damage that can be done by worrying. Why are some scientists worried? Perhaps because they feel that to stop worrying may mean to stop being paid."
George Kukla, climatologist, research scientist with the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.”
Joanne Simpson, former NASA climate scientist

Old 09-22-2014, 03:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Laboratory.

Ah, you are talking about manmade global warming, I am not talking about that. All I am saying is global warming is happening and there is scientific research that backs that up. What I would like to find out is why it is happening? Do we have any effect on it? Is there anything we can do to curb that effect? And what can we do to prepare for future climate changes.

Do you think global warming is happening with or without the effect of man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies