Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 05:35 AM

1,013 posts, read 909,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
The United States of America is We, the people. We, the people, democratically elect people to represent our interests.
Technically, the United States of America is a Republic governed by democratically elected representation as set forth by the Constitution.
Presidential elections have their own protocol set forth in Article II.

Is everything going as set forth in the Constitution? Hell no! Everything the framers debated about during the Constitutional Congress and in The Federalist Papers foretells of what has happened to this country. Every president makes a fairwell speech when leaving office and quite a few have foretold the future. Eisenhour's was pretty good.

The federal government is not we, the people. The federal government is who plays with laws, national and international, both. The congress has the power of a Navy and a sometimes standing army. The federal government is who makes war with other countries, not we, the people.

Too many of we, the people believe those ''rebels'' the federal is warring with are ''enemies''. The
federal government creates enemies they need to war with in the name of ''national defense''. What, of interest, are are they defending in the ME?
you mean you wont even defend your homeland? come on. I am not even saying defend the government.
UM YOU BETTER defend at least our country.

Don't defend corrupt people but instead defend the constitution.
Actually do not defend the corrupt politicians if you can. As it would actually help not hurt our country.

So you don't need to defend the government or the military BUT you should at least defend your own town and city man. The people themselves.

What you going to pack up and leave instead like the Iraqis?
People have no shame now do they?

We don't need citizens like that.
Do we anyone that does that especially the congressmen and women + politicians. These people need to get out of our country right now they do not deserve to be in office nor in our country as citizens.

there is no point as these would be the bankster, backstabbers that would be the rot from within our country.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:38 AM

1,013 posts, read 909,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I would not die or risk death voluntarily for any country, this one included.
So if your wife daughter and everyone you know is in danger you mean you would just run away instead?
because the that is what it means when your country is in danger.

it means your countrymen
is in danger being attacked dying right in front of you when you could pickup a gun to shoot the person killing him or her.

but instead of saving them you would look away and run for it...
so basically a bunch of weak wusses that would loot and steal then run.

when disaster strikes the looters always steal and run away
just like those in Ferguson.

I totally understand.
I am just disappointed.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:12 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't mean sending an army, or sending money and other aid.

No..YOU'D have to go yourself, pick up a rifle and fight.

If some random nation other than ours were attacked by another country (unjustifiably...or maybe not) and desperately needed military help and allowed people from other nations to take up arms with them, which country would it have to be for you to personally take up arms and help?

Me personally, the United States is the only country i'd fight for. But i'm sure some of you would fight to help another nation if attacked provided that you could get there somehow.
Looks like another example of the "Me" generation.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:35 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
LMAO.

Very true.

It's either laugh or cry at a statement like that.
You don't vote? Of course we are the government.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:12 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,370,967 times
Quote:
I would not die or risk death voluntarily for any country, this one included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why not.......?
I'll take a stab at it..
I think most people would be willing to pick up arms and fight if their family and neighbors were being attacked by an invading force on our soil.
I also think most people would be willing to VOLUNTEER for something like World War 2 and if they could not fight, do everything else they could do for the war effort.

As for being willing to go to fight for the country today? I think that number would be much less. I think many people now realize that we've been in many needless or poorly thought out wars that in hindsight represented a tremendous waste. We've gone for all the wrong reasons too, mostly to make multinational corporations richer and to fatten up the military industrial complex. The politicians, cynically use patriotism and exaggerated threats to our freedom as justification and motivation for these wars and military engagements when the real reason is often money, power and hegemony.

The government treats our veterans like crap too. We skimp on their care which should be a top priority and we let them live homeless on the streets when they can't readjust to life during peacetime. Shameful!

Everyone always seems to point out that citizens have an obligation to fight for their country but our leaders also have an obligation not to abuse their sense of patriotism for the wrong reasons.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I'll take a stab at it..
I think most people would be willing to pick up arms and fight if their family and neighbors were being attacked by an invading force on our soil.
I also think most people would be willing to VOLUNTEER for something like World War 2 and if they could not fight, do everything else they could do for the war effort.

As for being willing to go to fight for the country today? I think that number would be much less. I think many people now realize that we've been in many needless or poorly thought out wars that in hindsight represented a tremendous waste. We've gone for all the wrong reasons too, mostly to make multinational corporations richer and to fatten up the military industrial complex. The politicians, cynically use patriotism and exaggerated threats to our freedom as justification and motivation for these wars and military engagements when the real reason is often money, power and hegemony.

The government treats our veterans like crap too. We skimp on their care which should be a top priority and we let them live homeless on the streets when they can't readjust to life during peacetime. Shameful!

Everyone always seems to point out that citizens have an obligation to fight for their country but our leaders also have an obligation not to abuse their sense of patriotism for the wrong reasons.

Well said!

Old 09-24-2014, 12:51 PM

893 posts, read 1,206,727 times
I would likely welcome an invasion, assuming they were going to "liberate" us from those currently in power in Washington DC.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:24 PM

30,991 posts, read 22,039,678 times
I would go to war against the Dallas Cowboys. They suk so it wouldn't last very long

Old 09-24-2014, 03:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Looks like another example of the "Me" generation.
Oh really?

How 'bout this: you tell me what nations beside this one I should risk my neck for

Go ahead.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:42 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,455,647 times
We should go to war if the desert around Detroit is attacked!

Man, you're all over the place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.