Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 06:52 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't mean sending an army, or sending money and other aid.

No..YOU'D have to go yourself, pick up a rifle and fight.

If some random nation other than ours were attacked by another country (unjustifiably...or maybe not) and desperately needed military help and allowed people from other nations to take up arms with them, which country would it have to be for you to personally take up arms and help?

Me personally, the United States is the only country i'd fight for. But i'm sure some of you would fight to help another nation if attacked provided that you could get there somehow.
If not for my family I can think of a few places I'd like to fight for money and pleasure.

Nigeria, Israel, Northern Iraq, Syria, and the Central African Republic come to mind.

Edit: Forgot Serbia. I dislike Serbs but I hate Albanians more, so I'd fight for Serbia as well.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Therein lies the problem.

To be clear, if OUR country asked, I would go anywhere.

To ask someone to go on their own is ridiculous.

What point are you trying to make?

You don't believe that when we go in to other nations that it is for THIS country.

When you don't agree with this countries policies you reject everything the policy calls for.

Like I said before, IMO, you are an isolationist. And that is OK.

I believe people are entitled to their opinions.

IMO, you on the other hand you constantly deride others for having an opinion other then yours.
Non interventionist is the word. Isolationist is just a weak attempt at falsely framing the poster.
Unless you have proof he doesn't want to trade with other nations and be like North Korea.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
If not for my family I can think of a few places I'd like to fight for money and pleasure.

Nigeria, Israel, Northern Iraq, Syria, and the Central African Republic come to mind.

Edit: Forgot Serbia. I dislike Serbs but I hate Albanians more, so I'd fight for Serbia as well.
For pleasure?

Stop it...you ain't built like that.

Your list of countries is intriguing though.

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 09-25-2014 at 10:26 AM..

Old 09-25-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Therein lies the problem.

To be clear, if OUR country asked, I would go anywhere.

To ask someone to go on their own is ridiculous.

What point are you trying to make?

You don't believe that when we go in to other nations that it is for THIS country.

When you don't agree with this countries policies you reject everything the policy calls for.

Like I said before, IMO, you are an isolationist. And that is OK.

I believe people are entitled to their opinions.

IMO, you on the other hand you constantly deride others for having an opinion other then yours.
No, I deride stupidity.

And to say that when we go to war in other nations, it's FOR THE BENEFIT OF THIS COUNTRY is pretty damn close to the height of stupidity. It's not Mount Everest, but it's in the Himalayas.

You've gotta be incredibly brainwashed to believe that.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
The U.S.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:19 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Quote:
For pleasure?

Stop it...you ain't built like that.

Your list of countries is intriguing though.
My idea of pleasure=sampling the local women, food/drink, and sights.

The combat would just be work.

Edit: I may have misread your OP. If you meant voluntarily fight as a mercenary for a foreign nation I stand by my list of current hot spots (obviously hypothetical due to language barriers) where I think I could make a few bucks in good conscience.

If motivated by patriotism/duty, I wouldn't fight voluntarily for any country on Earth since I place a much higher value on my life than lines on maps.

Last edited by Kreutz; 09-25-2014 at 11:32 AM..

Old 09-25-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
My idea of pleasure=sampling the local women, food/drink, and sights.

The combat would just be work.

Edit: I may have misread your OP. If you meant voluntarily fight as a mercenary for a foreign nation I stand by my list of current hot spots (obviously hypothetical due to language barriers) where I think I could make a few bucks in good conscience.

If motivated by patriotism/duty, I wouldn't fight voluntarily for any country on Earth since I place a much higher value on my life than lines on maps.
Gotcha!

Old 09-25-2014, 03:38 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
The amazing thing is that his great grandfather's death is singularly responsible for ridding the country of slavery. Lol
You are a sorry piece of work I'm stating that you, your father are ungrateful for sacrifices made on your behalf because you are both ignorant entitled crybaby's...

Old 09-25-2014, 06:56 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
usa, canada, and most of European Union.

I may also help fight to annex Mexico and make it part of the United States.

Alas Im getting past the age to do that stuff. time flies...

Old 09-25-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
You are a sorry piece of work I'm stating that you, your father are ungrateful for sacrifices made on your behalf because you are both ignorant entitled crybaby's...
I'm grateful to the black folks that died in sacrifice for me. I'm grateful to a SELECT group of whites that did the same.

Your great grandfather? Nope. I owe him no gratitude at all. Zilch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies