Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:11 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Its a fake confidence that's drilled into AA men from an early age. Get them out into tough scenarios and youll see it crack in a heartbeat. White and Asian men don't walk around trying to over exude masculinity because its not our culture to do so (anymore). If you look back at older movies youll see white men acting more masculine and confident. Ironically this "confidence" also correlates strongly to sexism against women as it does in the AA community today. You don't exactly see feminism as a focal point in the AA community.

I used to think this too actually...that it was a "fake confidence" and all that...i still think it might be, but I eventually concluded through much observation, that when you get down to it: it doesnt actually matter whether its real or fake, if it accomplishes the same objective of conveying strength and self assuredness to women. Sure it probably matters to YOU because you probably still traffic in the abstract notions of honor, character, principles, never-give-up and all that jazz....but fake confidence is hardly a notion unique to black culture by my observation ..there has long been a whole cottage industry in the entertainment world that has been predicated upon fake-it-till-you-make-it, and this has overwhelmingly been conceptualized by, and funded by white entertainment label executives. The reason for this is because they too have always known that it accomplishes the same goal when the goal is to woo women, whether through consumerism or through courtship.

And I agree that there isnt really feminism in the black community. And there shouldnt be. The black community at this point is effectively a matriarchy anyway; with black women having most of the earning power and far more entitlement/empowerment programs than any black man will ever have access to, and black men acting almost strictly as disciplinarians and enforcers. Their roles dont extend much beyond that in many cases.

And really, It doesnt even make sense that the black community would allow itself to become bloated with feminism. Feminist activism is mostly a westernized white male characteristic stemming from deep seated white male guilt and fear of his spouse leaving/embarrassing him in public. Easier to kowtow to her than to have her air his dirty laundry. I would submit that many of the types of black men you mention in this post live without this fear of his partner.

You dont see it much in hispanic communities either...nor arab communities, nor most asian communities. This notion that a man is supposed to be in constant servitude in retribution for his privileged status in society, under the auspices of "equality" is a model that wouldnt work in most of the black community anyway. You have to have power and control societal institutions to systematically oppress a group. What jobs have black men kept women from getting?. What hiring opportunities have black men barred black women from? Hell, lol, looking at the national labor statistics what jobs can black men even get THEMSELVES? How are they going to systematically oppress their women when they cant even get jobs or run government themselves lol?

Last edited by soletaire; 09-23-2014 at 10:00 AM..

Old 09-23-2014, 09:11 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
The black community is very quick to admit that the male is the head of the household and the wife should be subservient. There are plenty of articles on the subject. Especially in the bible belt that is the South.
Black community? Really? Last I checked that was a fairly mainstream belief perpetuated by western society.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:13 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
As a black woman who isn't particularly interested in dating pro athletes I should be concerned because?!?!?

Old 09-23-2014, 09:26 AM

820 posts, read 1,208,832 times
This thread is dumb, who cares who anyone is marrying? Would there be a thread if a white NFL player married a black woman? Is the OP mad that he cant pull girls of any race? I don't get it.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:04 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
It's 2014 this should be a non issue, who cares?
Yeah, no kidding. Is this thread from the 60's? Truly, this is a joke right?

Old 09-23-2014, 10:12 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Why would anyone care about who marries who? it's the couples business an no one elses.

Happiness is very difficult to find. I would be open to a woman of any race but that's me. I guess some feel the need to start up trouble including here on City-Data.
Amen!!

Everyone deserves to be happy

Old 09-23-2014, 10:35 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
It's 2014 this should be a non issue
It shouldn't be, but sadly, bigotry and ignorance has no time limit.

Quote:
who cares?
Just scroll from page to page on this thread and you'll see that apparently, pleny of idiots do...

Old 09-23-2014, 10:40 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I used to think this too actually...that it was a "fake confidence" and all that...i still think it might be, but I eventually concluded through much observation, that when you get down to it: it doesnt actually matter whether its real or fake, if it accomplishes the same objective of conveying strength and self assuredness to women. Sure it probably matters to YOU because you probably still traffic in the abstract notions of honor, character, principles, never-give-up and all that jazz....but fake confidence is hardly a notion unique to black culture by my observation ..there has long been a whole cottage industry in the entertainment world that has been predicated upon fake-it-till-you-make-it, and this has overwhelmingly been conceptualized by, and funded by white entertainment label executives. The reason for this is because they too have always known that it accomplishes the same goal when the goal is to woo women, whether through consumerism or through courtship.

And I agree that there isnt really feminism in the black community. And there shouldnt be. The black community at this point is effectively a matriarchy anyway; with black women having most of the earning power and far more entitlement/empowerment programs than any black man will ever have access to, and black men acting almost strictly as disciplinarians and enforcers. Their roles dont extend much beyond that in many cases.

And really, It doesnt even make sense that the black community would allow itself to become bloated with feminism. Feminist activism is mostly a westernized white male characteristic stemming from deep seated white male guilt and fear of his spouse leaving/embarrassing him in public. Easier to kowtow to her than to have her air his dirty laundry. I would submit that many of the types of black men you mention in this post live without this fear of his partner.

You dont see it much in hispanic communities either...nor arab communities, nor most asian communities. This notion that a man is supposed to be in constant servitude in retribution for his privileged status in society, under the auspices of "equality" is a model that wouldnt work in most of the black community anyway. You have to have power and control societal institutions to systematically oppress a group. What jobs have black men kept women from getting?. What hiring opportunities have black men barred black women from? Hell, lol, looking at the national labor statistics what jobs can black men even get THEMSELVES? How are they going to systematically oppress their women when they cant even get jobs or run government themselves lol?
I was with you up until this point. The feminist movement rose purely up from the female side of the aisle and was fought tooth and nail by men. Men still fight it to this day when they can. Its just harder for them because the media will absolutely destroy anyone that comes across as "sexist." If the media coins republicans as sexist, and blacks hold to the idea that there shouldn't be feminism....then perhaps blacks should vote republican

It really is ironic that blacks vote democrat even though every ideal they hold onto is a principle of the republican party...

Old 09-23-2014, 10:45 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,714,749 times
[quote=JJG;36607776]It shouldn't be, but sadly, bigotry and ignorance has no time limit.

Just scroll from page to page on this thread and you'll see that apparently, pleny of idiots do...[/QUOTE]

Sad, if something is not negatively effecting or causing harm to someone just mind your own business and move on..

Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Why do sports professional black players marry so many women outside of their own color. I have no problem with other races, but this does seem like the norm for black sports players.

Seahawks CB DeShawn Shead proposes to girlfriend after game | www.kirotv.com
how is it possible that this thread lasted more than 5 minutes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies