Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Which only an individual with a very sick mind would propose....

Some of these comments in regards to genocide (because essentially that is what they're implying) would make Hitler proud.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:58 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Many have said it isn't our business to take on isis.
I say it is.
Isis has already said they want America dead.
I say fight them over there, not when they are on our doorstep, which they will be some day if we don't eliminate them now.
We didn't think Bin Laden was a threat until 911, so him and his terrorist buddies boarded planes and made history.
I don't think we ought to let something like that happen again, and it may if we don't take on this isis and wipe them from the face of the planet, once and for all.

Bob.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:07 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I say it is.
I say fight them over there, not when they are on our doorstep, which they will be some day if we don't eliminate them now.
We didn't think Bin Laden was a threat until 911, so him and his terrorist buddies boarded planes and made history.
I don't think we ought to let something like that happen again, and it may if we don't take on this isis and wipe them from the face of the planet, once and for all.

Bob.

There is a VERY BIG difference between "fighting them over there" and committing genocide. It is sad that you can't see that.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:08 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
How about this for dealing with ISIS...

Let the Saudis, Turks and Jordanians, who are right next door and have more than capable military forces, tend to their ISIS problem. The fact that they aren't particularly worked up over it tells me the media here are campaigning for another stupid middle east quagmire that isn't our fight.

We never learn.
Nobody wanted to get involved with Hitler. So he was talking about ruling the world and making attacks here and there. We didn't need to risk confronting him.

Nobody wanted to provoke the Soviet Union. So they were talking about world communism and setting up puppet totalitarian governments here and there. We didn't need to risk confronting them.

So we ended up with World War 2, and then ended up with a 4 decade long Cold War.

Now nobody wants to get involved with ISIS. So they're talking about a new Caliphate and making attacks here and there. We don't need to risk confronting them.

You're right. Your kind never learns.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:32 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Nobody wanted to get involved with Hitler. So he was talking about ruling the world and making attacks here and there. We didn't need to risk confronting him.

Nobody wanted to provoke the Soviet Union. So they were talking about world communism and setting up puppet totalitarian governments here and there. We didn't need to risk confronting them.

So we ended up with World War 2, and then ended up with a 4 decade long Cold War.

Now nobody wants to get involved with ISIS. So they're talking about a new Caliphate and making attacks here and there. We don't need to risk confronting them.

You're right. Your kind never learns.
Terrible argument.

One thing I will give you is that Hitler and Stalin would both be considered modern day terrorists, and rightly so.

However, Hitler and Stalin were leaders of established countries, had millions of soldiers under their control, and had the economic and industrial strength to spread their influence and use their military power too take over weaker countries.

Comparing ISIS to them? Ridiculous.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:34 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
I say it is.

Bob.
Iran says "death to America" every day. Has for about 40 years.

Many a slip between a cup and a lip. Terrorism is a police matter, not a military one

Old 09-26-2014, 01:06 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
The local population is doing diddly in solving this isis threat.
Perhaps you don't believe it, but this terror group is a threat to the world, not just countries in the middle east.
As the leader of the free world, we have a responsibility not only to ourselves, but the rest of the free world to make damm sure the world is a better, and safer place to live in.
I am of the belief that cancer in any form(and isis is a cancer on humanity) should be cut out, so healing can begin.
If you suffer from some form of cancer, more than likely you will undergo some form of treatment to rid the disease from your body.
The world needs to rid itself of this cancer called isis, and the best and proven way to do this, is to drop an atomic bomb in the places where they are known to be.
Just as in Japan during WWII, many people who did not deserve to die, did, and that is the cost of war.
People will die in the eradication of isis, but so be it.
This cancer must be dealt with before it becomes to big to eradicate, and if we do nothing, or deal with it in a peace meal fashion, this cancer will continue to grow out of control.
I say rid the world of it once and for all, and others with similar intentions may think twice before forming world terrorist groups.
Bob.
You don't cut out the cancer by blowing up the patient.

Your comparison to dropping atomics on Japan is completely spurious. We were at war with a nation, ruled by a national government, using a national army, with a national homeland and a single culture.

ISIS is none of those. It is not a nation, it rules in no nation, and is not any nation's representative army. They have no homeland, and they do not have one single nationality. ISIS is a bunch of border-jumping ideologues, who go where the least resistance is found, and take over using terror.

In fact, if your foolish notion was ever used, it would create exactly the conditions ISIS would need to become the rulers of a nation for the first time. We would have no friends left in the world, but they would- lots and lots of new converts, all seeking revenge for their lost ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies