Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 06:45 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,730,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
"Your freedom"? You're just a hypocrite who takes advantage of civilizational achievements of this society while considering it an aggressor. lol
Laugh all you want...that is your right. Just as it is my right to laugh at you for giving the Aggressor a cut of everything that you do because you believe that the State owns you.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:46 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,231,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
"Your freedom"? You're just a hypocrite who takes advantage of civilizational achievements of this society while considering it an aggressor. lol
Kind of like an environmentalist driving a suburban on their way to protest an oil spill.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:46 PM

1,259 posts, read 825,171 times
I dont think you understand what I said, here it is again:

...the reason there are no successful societies based on libertarian principles is that libertarianism is not conducive to economic and civilizational development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
The most recent Libertarian candidate for President (Gary Johnson) started work as a door to door handyman. Them started his construction company with himself as only employee. When he sold the company for about $10 million, it had over 1,000 employees. He did not have to lie or hurt anyone for that money. He just lived up to the slogan the best service for the lowest price. He promised the same thing as president. As popular 2 term gov of NM, he inherited a deficit, cut taxes & left state a billion dollar surplus. Isn't that being conducive to economic development?

He said legalize cannabis when he was popular 2 term gov of NM. Now it's been 2 years if that being the #1 request coming in to whitehouse.gov/ Do you prefer a govt that tunes out the public? That you would have no say in what happens? If you want more people to act civilized, might we need a civilized govt first, leading by example? Cannabis legalization 96% on internet want it, why does govt ignore this?

People who vote for people that want to harm them, their spouse, kids, or best friends, how intelligent is that vote? Corporations that run our govt don't care about who is in good health or bad, alive or dead. If you don't bribe govt, why vote for someone who doesn't care about you? Best wishes.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:48 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,231,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Laugh all you want...that is your right. Just as it is my right to laugh at you for giving the Aggressor a cut of everything that you do because you believe that the State owns you.
So you don't work or rent? Income and property taxes fund the state more than a sales tax that is exempt on most necessary goods.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Kind of like an environmentalist driving a suburban on their way to protest an oil spill.
No calls me a hypocrite because I take advantage of what aggression has produced. Well it was not my aggression that produced anything. And I do not advocate or practice aggression in my life. So it is fine if he wishes to see that as hypocrisy. The only hypocrisy that I am worried about for me is adhering to the non aggression principle myself. What others do is on them and their conscience. The only moral force available to me is retaliation. If all of the other animals want to run around attacking each other, that is their business, not mine.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:54 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,275,575 times
Why are you statists so angry?

You guys are happy to be oppressed and to oppress others. That's how it is and likely to remain in many aspects of society.

So relax and have a drink!

(Provided daddy government says it's ok for you).

Old 09-29-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
So you don't work or rent? Income and property taxes fund the state more than a sales tax that is exempt on most necessary goods.
Obviously my meager practice of counter-economics does not really get me off the hook. The Aggressor is all-encompassing, even in the free market (which here is only black/grey markets) I am forced to pay inflated prices from just being in the shadow of the State. And the State devalues the currency at will so they still steal that value non-stop. And there are some activities, of course, which I have to use the government controlled market where they get an outlandish cut of everything that goes on. The best I can do is use every opportunity that is not too much risk to reduce my contribution to aggression. Basically, the Matrix flows everywhere, but there are places and practices in which the current is not too strong.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
LOL...Income...what is that? I do not collect usury... Nothing "comes" to me, I have to trade something of value for something of value in return...it is a net of zero.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:42 PM

1,259 posts, read 825,171 times
Quote:

In a fur coat... yes

Old 09-29-2014, 10:33 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,827,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
LOL...Income...what is that? I do not collect usury... Nothing "comes" to me, I have to trade something of value for something of value in return...it is a net of zero.
Liberals think traders are traitors.

You didn't trade that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies