Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 04:19 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,240,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
We were there 50 years before 9/11. The cowardly attack perpetrated by the 9/11 attackers doesn't change things. When we help overthrow sovergn nations the extremists come out of the wood work. Most of which we have armed directly or indirectly.
It's interesting to note, especially in light of your naivé view, that it was the U.S., and U.S. technology, that developed the oil fields of the Middle East way back in the 50's. Thus, it is America that has made those countries rich in oil, which probably would not have happened for many years later, without the U.S.

But you have a very narrow and limited view of history, focusing only on recent history. Your understanding of Islam is sadly lacking, as it is with most Americans today.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:26 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,332,408 times
Shooting at nothing in the desert, wasting tons of money.

The military industrial masters will be pleased.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:07 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,441,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You forget - we announced the "pull out date" for Afghanistan the very day Obama announced the Surge in 2009. They knew going into 'training' that they were going to be left high and dry with a Target on their backs exactly the way the Iraqis were when we "pulled out" in 2011. The Iraqi Army pays $100 a month, ISIS pays their fighters a minimum of $300 a month. The Shiite Leadership in Iraq purged as much of the Sunni from the Iraqi Army as they could .....and we let them do that. Maliki and the Iranian Guard hunted down the Sunni that worked with the American Troops against the Iranian officered Shiite Badr Organization. Maliki replaced all the successfully trained and proven people in the Military and put in his own people. The Sunni areas were ripe for an ISIS takeover - ISIS only operates in what is known as "Distressed Sunni areas".

Gates, Panetta, H. Clinton, Petraeus, Odierno and most of the top Generals ALL said this would happen if we pulled out of Iraq and let the Iranian led Shiites take over Iraq. We see the results of General Obama who knows more than any of them. Now we are back and it's a lot worse that anyone could have guessed it would be. ISIS is very, very different than the old AQI or even al-Qaeda.

I have no idea if any more "training" will work, but I'm reading that they will have a new approach to it in Iraq and maybe in Syria. What we do know for sure is announcing an exit date on the entrance date is not a good thing AND that leaving Iraq before they were politically stable (we knew they were not) was a losing Strategy. It's going to be more difficult thing go 'round.
I am glad we pulled out, and I am glad we are not going to re-occupy. It was a complete waste of tax payer money to agree to police countries which have no interest in policing themselves.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Millions upon millions of Muslim's go about their daily lives just like anyone else.......until bombs start dropping out of the sky.
About 15-25 percent of Muslims are radicals, according to all intelligence, which means 180 - 300 million Muslims are dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization. And it has nothing to do with "bombs dropping out of the sky," which is happening in response to their attacks on the West. They have been dedicated to this task of destroying Western civilization for all of Islamic history, in the beginning, by attacking Jewish and Christian churches and lands in the Middle East (the birthplace of Islam) and later expanded to all of the Western World.

Video: Amazing Answer to 'Peaceful Muslims' Concern Gets Standing Ovation

"The peaceful majority [are] irrelevant."

Old 09-24-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
How about we start with our own government????
Good advice.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I got Hakeem Olajuwon on the line. He wants in too.
You may think this is funny. As an American, i don't find it one bit funny that 180 - 300 million people are dedicated to destroying Western civilization, including MY country, the United States of America.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:02 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,104,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
About 15-25 percent of Muslims are radicals, according to all intelligence, which means 180 - 300 million Muslims are dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization. And it has nothing to do with "bombs dropping out of the sky," which is happening in response to their attacks on the West. They have been dedicated to this task of destroying Western civilization for all of Islamic history, in the beginning, by attacking Jewish and Christian churches and lands in the Middle East (the birthplace of Islam) and later expanded to all of the Western World.

"The peaceful majority are irrelevant."

Since you didn't provide a source I thought I would do a search on your claim, highlighted above and here's the first hit that came up.

islam - Have multiple intelligence services estimated that 15-25% of the Muslim population are "radical"? - Skeptics Stack Exchange

Are you serious?? Skeptics Stack Exchange??

[QUOTE
There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world today. Of course not all of them are radicals. The majority of them are peaceful people. The radicals are estimated to be between 15-25% [of the Muslim population] according to all intelligence services around the world.

Is this true? Are there any stats that could back her up? This number seems very high.
[/quote]

There was not ONE source to support the posters claim. Not one!!!

As for your video - I didn't bother to watch it. The quote below was enough for me not to.

Now don't you look foolish posting that nonsense???

Old 09-24-2014, 06:06 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,441,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Since you didn't provide a source I thought I would do a search on your claim, highlighted above and here's the first hit that came up.

islam - Have multiple intelligence services estimated that 15-25% of the Muslim population are "radical"? - Skeptics Stack Exchange

Are you serious?? Skeptics Stack Exchange??

Quote:
There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world today. Of course not all of them are radicals. The majority of them are peaceful people. The radicals are estimated to be between 15-25% [of the Muslim population] according to all intelligence services around the world.

Is this true? Are there any stats that could back her up? This number seems very high.
There was not ONE source to support the posters claim. Not one!!!

As for your video - I didn't bother to watch it. The quote below was enough for me not to.

Now don't you look foolish posting that nonsense???
Too many Americans are hell bent on stirring up a religious contention.

Proverbs 16:28 Perverse people stir up contention; gossip makes best friends into enemies.

If there is anything positive about ISIS, it is the fact that they have made most of the muslim world publicly reject whatever ISIS thinks they represent.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:08 AM

1,259 posts, read 825,171 times
Quote:
About 15-25 percent of Muslims are radicals, according to all intelligence, which means 180 - 300 million Muslims are dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization. And it has nothing to do with "bombs dropping out of the sky," which is happening in response to their attacks on the West.
What attacks on the west?

Old 09-24-2014, 06:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,013,817 times
Quote:

"The peaceful majority [are] irrelevant."
Internet claims aren't worth the time it took you to post them.

15-25% of Muslims throw parties for homeless children according to all intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies