Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Has the U.S. declared war since December 1941.

I suppose the advantage of a non-existent 'war' on terror is the non-war can be waged anywhere, anytime, and never end because 50 jihadists [Khorasan] can show up anywhere. The Obama Doctrine.
And the Doctrine of every President since WWII and the Doctrine of every President to come. Now that you are caught up on politics, what would you do just let them do as they please, meaning murdering innocent women and children and beheading babies, after all it is not your problem even if they would do to you and yours if not held in check? Thankfully we have leaders that know that is really not a viable option.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:54 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is in the case of the monsters being targeted. He did not cross the line, the Russians pulled his butt out of the fire by getting to give them is chemical weapons
Why are you supporting terrorists W, I would not have thought you were not willing to go after them, learn something new every day.
Obama is bombing a country we are not at war with and were not invited to do so
Why do you support bombing countries congress has not approved

Old 09-26-2014, 07:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
I do not support what Obama is doing. Granted, there are no good options when it comes to ISIS/ISIL, but I am quite sure that our actions in the ME, beginning in the 50s, has been a major contributing force to the terrible things we see today. We have a tiger by the tail, and bloodbath is going to ensue no matter what we do or don't do.

Here's a brief article, posted on Alternet today, which sums up my feelings pretty well. It's written by an Army colonel - U.S. Army Colonel: America's Military Leadership Is Dangerously Delusional | Alternet

Obama is, I think, relying on military advice. It's a mistake. There is no good end to this.

What should be done now? I don't know. It may be that the warmongers on all sides are bound and determined to stage armageddon. By now, there's just too many folks who really want to see it happen.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
So they told us they were going after ISIS in Iraq.
And then they turn around and are bombing AQ in Syria.

Sounds like "they told us they were going after bin Laden in Afghanistan and we invaded Iraq to get Saddam"

Old 09-27-2014, 06:36 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Democrats and Liberals: Do you support Obama's war in Syria?

If yes, why?

If no, why not?

Based on your rabid opinion of Bush's incursions in the Middle East, one would assume you have a position on this war of choice by Barack Obama.
I support targeted air strikes on known ISIS targets but not the arming of any Syrian rebel group or American combat troops on the ground in Syria.

Comparing an attempt to control/eliminate ISIS with a full scale invasion occupation of Iraq is ludicrous. Iraq posed no imminent threat to the US and was a waste of resources that would have been better used against those who attacked us.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:42 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Has the U.S. declared war since December 1941.
Yes. On June 5, 1942 we declared war on Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:58 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
I read some of the first page and it went from Obama's war to Bush to everywhere but where the OP wanted. It evolved into the usual mess which comes about whenever anyone is asked about Obama - it is deflected and then redirected to another, usually Bush. Hasn't the man been POTUS for 6 years now?

Is Bush standing next to him and holding hands behind a cloak of invisibility?

Must be for him to be mentioned anytime Obama is the main topic.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:52 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I read some of the first page and it went from Obama's war to Bush to everywhere but where the OP wanted. It evolved into the usual mess which comes about whenever anyone is asked about Obama - it is deflected and then redirected to another, usually Bush. Hasn't the man been POTUS for 6 years now?

Perhaps so.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:57 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,478 times
Over ten years ago Bush got us involved in a senseless war for which we are paying now and will be paying in the 20 years. Most of Obama's foreign policy was dedicated to getting us out of this mess. Of course that Bush is going to be mentioned. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

Must be for him to be mentioned anytime Obama is the main topic.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:03 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Over ten years ago Bush got us involved in a senseless war for which we are paying now and will be paying in the 20 years. Most of Obama's foreign policy was dedicated to getting us out of this mess. Of course that Bush is going to be mentioned. LOL

Libs cling to it like flies on dog poop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies