Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 10:54 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,444,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
LOL... i can't believe you hit Post reply after reading this.

A better question is why is the OP always angry?
People need to do something when they have nothing else to do. This conspiratorial kind of delusion is cheap, easy, can be constantly refocused to the new nutty topic going through the clogsphere, and distracts from a otherwise depressing and unfulfilled life. The best part is that people can project it onto others in order to keep the argument going like his thread.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:55 AM

4,739 posts, read 4,413,930 times
The problem is that you think you are the sole arbiter regarding what people are angry at, and what they aren't.

So technically a lot of people (would think conservative and liberal) don't think much of the Redskins name. . .pretty offensive

Most people don't have any anger toward white males. That seems odd. I mean a good share of liberals are white males

and the gender income gap "myth". Yeah. . .like the global warming "myth" or the evolution "myth". Science, research, and data aren't facts, its myths!

Basically. . as long as you are the one defining what liberals like and don't like, i'm sure the results will look hypocritical

kind of like how are conservatives for small government, when every-time republicans control things they grow govt more than democrats (see Reagan or Arizona for good examples)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
For example

How do liberals decide to be angry at:
  • The Washington Redskins team name
  • White males
  • gender income gap myth
But not:
  • Hope Solo's domestic abuse charges
  • Nike's use of slave wages in their products (I don't see a mass Nike boycott)
  • gender inequality in divorce court hearings
  • use of the "Fighting Irish" nickname by Notre Dame's athletic teams

We all know why: liberals aren't really angry, they don't care at all. Liberals do not care about Native Americans. Liberals hate white males because they do not vote for them (Before you say I'm out of line, name one way you've helped white males). And liberals CERTAINLY do not care about the income gap as we've seen countless Demorat campaigns where women are paid less than men. It is all a lie manufactured to put people into groups and then go after those groups to get votes. Divide and Conquer.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,851,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
How can you say liberals only care about white males when the OP made it clear that they are angry at white males? Shouldn't all non-liberals be putting out a consistent message when they speak for all liberals?
You do not understand the rules of the game, Cons are allowed to make whatever claims they wish even when they disagree with themselves, it is called handicapping the discussion to ensure that it is fair contest for both sides

Old 09-23-2014, 10:56 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,000,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Sister to Han Solo?
Don't care who you are, that's funny right there. LMAO

Old 09-23-2014, 10:57 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,861,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
People need to do something when they have nothing else to do. This conspiratorial kind of delusion is cheap, easy, can be constantly refocused to the new nutty topic going through the clogsphere, and distracts from a otherwise depressing and unfulfilled life. The best part is that people can project it onto others in order to keep the argument going like his thread.
Make sure to keep your day job. I don't think you're cut out for psychology.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:01 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,444,940 times
Quote:
Make sure to keep your day job. I don't think you're cut out for psychology.
Awww, how cute. Given your OP, and the rather fun replies, I would say the same.

At least I have some pretty solid evidence for my assertion.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:05 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,861,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Awww, how cute. Given your OP, and the rather fun replies, I would say the same.

At least I have some pretty solid evidence for my assertion.
It's a shame so many liberals can't address the numerous contradictions and inconsistencies in their world view.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:10 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,522,777 times
Same way as Conservatives do.

Everyone goes to there favorite website titled w w w WhatDidTheOtherGuySayThatICanGetUpsetOver .org and then browse through the various categories such as;

1. Liberals...a mental disorder?
2. Or the height of cleverness...Faux News Liar Liar Pants on Fire (see how amazing that is it looks the same and can be pronounced the same but it has another meaning...clever)
3. Some politician from the other side (the bad side) said something stupid now how can I paint half the nation based on the ramblings of some retard.

There are many more just like it.

That's how people decide what to be outraged at.

Oh yeah and Facebook posts along with Twitter can really keep the dander up. We're all perpetually outraged at...something.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,484,508 times
Quote:
For example

How do liberals decide to be angry at:
  • The Washington Redskins team name
  • White males
  • gender income gap myth
But not:
  • Hope Solo's domestic abuse charges
  • Nike's use of slave wages in their products (I don't see a mass Nike boycott)
  • gender inequality in divorce court hearings
  • use of the "Fighting Irish" nickname by Notre Dame's athletic teams

We all know why: liberals aren't really angry, they don't care at all. Liberals do not care about Native Americans. Liberals hate white males because they do not vote for them (Before you say I'm out of line, name one way you've helped white males). And liberals CERTAINLY do not care about the income gap as we've seen countless Demorat campaigns where women are paid less than men. It is all a lie manufactured to put people into groups and then go after those groups to get votes. Divide and Conquer.
I don't know, why do conservatives get angry about Obama putting his feet on a desk, Michelle Obama giving the Queen a CD, the White House christmas card, saying happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas & they don't get angry about polluting the environment, domestic abuse, cheating taxes, etc etc etc?

Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,065,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
How can you say liberals only care about white males when the OP made it clear that they are angry at white males? Shouldn't all non-liberals be putting out a consistent message when they speak for all liberals?
How can I say it? quite simple, they have proven it over and over again. By constantly trying to handicap minorities and constantly trying to tell them how they can not succeed with out the rich white mans help definitely helps white men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies