Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 06:38 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wow. The founding fathers must have been a great bunch of Liberals when they wrote the constitution and Bill of Rights. As well as affirm no religion in the Treaty of Tripoli. I guess it means that Liberals are the real Americans.
Yes, liberals are the real Americans. Progressives are not.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, liberals are the real Americans. Progressives are not.
I think any person with American citizenship is a real American. I always thought this nonsense about who is and isn't a real American is just silly.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:12 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
For example

How do liberals decide to be angry at:
  • The Washington Redskins team name
  • White males
  • gender income gap myth
But not:
  • Hope Solo's domestic abuse charges
  • Nike's use of slave wages in their products (I don't see a mass Nike boycott)
  • gender inequality in divorce court hearings
  • use of the "Fighting Irish" nickname by Notre Dame's athletic teams

We all know why: liberals aren't really angry, they don't care at all. Liberals do not care about Native Americans. Liberals hate white males because they do not vote for them (Before you say I'm out of line, name one way you've helped white males). And liberals CERTAINLY do not care about the income gap as we've seen countless Demorat campaigns where women are paid less than men. It is all a lie manufactured to put people into groups and then go after those groups to get votes. Divide and Conquer.
And I used to think liberals were all about harmony and equality for all.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:40 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
For example

How do liberals decide to be angry at:
  • The Washington Redskins team name
  • White males
  • gender income gap myth
But not:
  • Hope Solo's domestic abuse charges
  • Nike's use of slave wages in their products (I don't see a mass Nike boycott)
  • gender inequality in divorce court hearings
  • use of the "Fighting Irish" nickname by Notre Dame's athletic teams
I consider myself to be at least moderately socially liberal, but

1. I don't especially care about the Washington Redskins, although it's notable that we don't have the "Coons" or the "Hebes", but I still don't think it's worth getting angry about

2. I'm a white male, so...

3. I don't believe in the gender income myth (although there can be types gender discrimination that isn't reflected in income statistics.)

4. I've never heard of Hope Solo.

5. I've never bought Nikes, but the only people I've ever seen complaining about Indonesian wages are liberals.

6. I've complained about this myself.

7. All the Irish folks I've ever heard find "Fighting Irish" complimentary.

You're batting pretty close to .000 here, friend.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Is there any diversity of through in the Liberals Party? They are in lock step with what is the Liberal talking points or beliefs.
Your statement proves you know absolutely Nothing about Libs. If anything the lockstep lemmings are the Cons, disagree with the current Party line and be labeled a RINO and thrown under the bus so fast you will not know what hit you. Libs, on the other hand, disagree with each other on a wide range of issues all the time and that has been the common theme since as far back as most can remember. Another example is watching Con after Con starting a thread here on exactly the same topic and often using exactly or near exactly the same words, that rarely happens among Libs here.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Is there any diversity of through in the Liberals Party? They are in lock step with what is the Liberal talking points or beliefs.
Ha!

Back when I use to listen to talk radio, I could listen to Limbaugh and mark his major talking points for the day.

As soon as his show was over, I could flip over to the liberal talk radio programs, and hear conservative callers call in using the exact same talking points VERBATIM! It got to be so ridiculous that Alan Colmes used to call it out...indicating that he had folks on his staff that listened to conservative radio and marked down the points so as to catch these people.

So please...

Old 09-24-2014, 11:54 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Here's another one: why did libs go hard after 'Big Tobacco' during the 1990's? Pres. Clinton made a landmark decision of putting tobacco under FDA jurisdiction. The atty gen from my state (Christine Gregoire (D, WA), led a lawsuit that was settled for $206 billion.

I once heard a doc say that smoking takes on average 7 years off lifespan. Studies seem to be conflicted at this point, but some say that NFL football cuts 20 years or more off lifespan.
Reflecting on football after Junior Seau's death - ESPN

But when the Seahawks won the superbowl last year, some of the same Democrat politicos who railed against Big Tobacco were tripping over each other to be part of the Seahawks victory parade.
Inslee proclaims ‘Moment of Loudness’ for Seahawks :: The Capitol Record | News, background and notes on Washington state government.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:12 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Oh right. It's an Irish school founded by a band of French monks in the mid-1800s. Good thinking
The introduction to an essay by Fr. Charles Carey entitled "Why the Fighting Irish" from the University of Notre Dame website...

Quote:
Many people wonder (or worry) about Notre Dame and that word, Irish. To us, it doesn't mean race exclusively; nor is it just another nickname. The fact is, it keeps alive the memory of a long, uphill fight for recognition against a spirit that was not always generous, nor even fair-minded. The Irish, as known at Notre Dame, has an authentic history and a meaning deeper even than race.
Click here to read it in its entirety.

Last edited by randomparent; 09-24-2014 at 12:27 PM..

Old 09-24-2014, 02:08 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's just plain nonsense. Most of the Republicans I know of are religious people and they disagree with gay marriage, abortion and illegal immigration. Aren't they entitled to have a difference of opinion from liberals? Funny, how liberals push their agendas but if the right dares to do likewise that's a totally different ball of wax that's simply labeled as racist or taking away someone's civil rights. I say let's settle it all at the ballot box but unfortunately congress makes far too many decisions for the rest of us.
They're entitled to have differences, but they're not entitled to overrule the Constitution to enshrine their own personal beliefs in law.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:58 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Here's another one: why did libs go hard after 'Big Tobacco' during the 1990's? Pres. Clinton made a landmark decision of putting tobacco under FDA jurisdiction. The atty gen from my state (Christine Gregoire (D, WA), led a lawsuit that was settled for $206 billion.

I once heard a doc say that smoking takes on average 7 years off lifespan. Studies seem to be conflicted at this point, but some say that NFL football cuts 20 years or more off lifespan.
Reflecting on football after Junior Seau's death - ESPN

But when the Seahawks won the superbowl last year, some of the same Democrat politicos who railed against Big Tobacco were tripping over each other to be part of the Seahawks victory parade.
Inslee proclaims ‘Moment of Loudness’ for Seahawks :: The Capitol Record | News, background and notes on Washington state government.
Wait, I thought the left had the NFL in it's crosshairs and was working to ban the game as soon as possible?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...its-cross.html

Let's try to keep our conservative talking points and memes consistent...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies