Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 06:50 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It sounds like you don't know what his proposals are regarding Obamacare. Do read up on them. There are quite a few very tangible and practical solutions that could be implemented.

And Obama's prowess in community organizing does?

Voters ought not dismiss a candidate without knowing what he stands for, just like they ought not vote for a candidate without knowing what he stands for.

When they do that, we end up with what we have today.
So go tell us what his proposals are regarding Obamacare. I'm not going to do your homework for you.

We're not talking about Obama here. Do try to stay on topic.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:05 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
So go tell us what his proposals are regarding Obamacare. I'm not going to do your homework for you.

We're not talking about Obama here. Do try to stay on topic.
I didn't ask about his proposals, you did -- which tells me you need to do your homework.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:07 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
This man has really bought into his own ego
when Barack Obama spoke at the Democrat Convention
I was blown away
WOW where did he come from!!??
I would have voted for him right then
I had been a democrat since my first vote at 18 for George McGovern

I did not vote for Obama, I had foolishly supported Hillary
and after I got to know Obama I was so against him and his BS
So I voted for the first time against the party

Now all these years later the Republicans have learned nothing!!
Some of them have heard Ben Carson make a speech and now are pushing him to run, but it is his OWN ego that has answered!!
He is no more qualified to be president than our CURRENT one and he has been in office 6 years!!!
I heard him interviewed yesterday and when asked when he would make it official he said he had until next MAY
LOL
he thinks he is SO brilliant, he can slide in at the last minute
good lord!!
Somebody tell this jerk to sit down
and he is RIGHT NOW saying MILLIONS of people are clambering for him to run!! MILLIONS?? REALLY!!!
And the jerks on the radio keep having him on
good grief
we need someone who can at least has been governor like Jindal or Scott
not some doctor who has fallen in love with HIS PUBLIC

Don't worry, Carson's campaign won't make it to February, 2016.

So, you only have to listen to him for another year and change.

lol

Old 09-26-2014, 07:18 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

I agree. It is almost like a ruse. Find an outspoken black conservative. Revere him and use him as an example of how conservatives are not being racist. When people point out that he's not so brilliant and has no government experience--accuse them of hating black conservatives.
Is this opposed to RACIST liberals embracing black liberals and hating white conservatives?

Do liberals ever hate White liberals?

It's impossible....they are ever so tolerant of everything and PC to boot.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:20 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
whatever.

Im from Louisiana. Jindal is certianly on my short list. As is Mike Pense (sp?)

But I have not seen nor have I heard Ben Carson doing what you suggest. sorry.

and your line is in line with what every dem comes along and says about every black non-liberal... ergo...

what I do not get is how people hear one speech and they want him as president
hell we have a ONE TRICK PONY now
Dr Carson is full of himself he tries to sound humble, with things like
he does not WANT to run for president, but it is these MILLIONS of folks begging him to
what millions??
he thinks there is just no one worth a flip
and that is an insult!! Like I said Bobby Jindal is amazing and sounds like he will run
he has a proven record
Dr Carson has not, he is amazing with his career and where he came from
but that does not mean he would be a good president
I just wish people would settle down and wait until after Nov to start yammering about who should run, but good grief Obama has so harmed every facet of our country we need someone we can look to
that knows what the hell they are doing!
Dr Carson is impressed with his fan club he will never get the nomination but he sure can take cotes away from somebody else that is what pisses me off
he says he loves our country, well then prove it get off his high horse
last election what happened we had so many jerks running and then when Romney won the nomination so many were pissed because their guy lost they refused to vote
how many millions sat home and for what?? Four more years of this POS we have now!!!
So I wish Ben Carson would shut the hell up about running
check him out when he is questioned Hugh Hewett asked him that " as a rookie" does he thing he has what it takes to be on stage and debate seasoned politicians? He was insulted you could hear him with surprise that he was dared asked that question! He is used to folks fawning over him
he thinks because he is smart as a whip and he is, that that automatically means he would make a good president, because he does not think anyone else is qualified!! GEEZE that is what OBAMA says!!!

Old 09-26-2014, 07:36 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Really? I dare him to cut the programs that made him.
He's not a liberal democrat so he won't. If something works, as it did for him, why cut it?

Did BarryO cut any of the programs which put him at the head of the class?
It's all so secret the records are locked up as if they concerned the JFK assassination.
Best keep that info under wraps.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:39 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Every candidate for political office is narcissistic, IMO.

Carson isn't qualified to be president. I agree with you that his ego and surrounding sycophants have mislead him into thinking he could win.

I hope we can come up with a viable candidate for 2016. The WH is ours to win IF we can. I'm thinking Jeb, if he can get through the primaries. Though, he is likely not conservative enough for primary voters and does have the additional burden of the Bush name to hinder his chances. To win the Republican primary a candidate has to be a bible thumper and the country as a whole DOESN'T WANT a Christian zealot as President. I don't either, but the Republicans are too blind to see that. We will likely continue to lose the White House until the religious zealots are forced out of the party or at least required to keep their personal religious views out of politics.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:47 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
I think Obama has ruined it for any minority wishing to run . I think the next guy or gal who gets in there is going to have to clean up the mess that Obama has made of this country and it might take the next 12 yrs to do so ....I will not be surprised at all if the next guy or gal has a lot on their hands to straighten this country out and get it back on track if we ever will be able too . Believe me folks you don't want Jeb or Scott in there look at the mess they have created in florida . My sister lives in florida and she says it is just one big mess and she wishes she had the money and resources to leave cause she would if she could . please don't vote for either one of those two jokesters .

Old 09-27-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Every candidate for political office is narcissistic, IMO.

Carson isn't qualified to be president. I agree with you that his ego and surrounding sycophants have mislead him into thinking he could win.

I hope we can come up with a viable candidate for 2016. The WH is ours to win IF we can. I'm thinking Jeb, if he can get through the primaries. Though, he is likely not conservative enough for primary voters and does have the additional burden of the Bush name to hinder his chances. To win the Republican primary a candidate has to be a bible thumper and the country as a whole DOESN'T WANT a Christian zealot as President. I don't either, but the Republicans are too blind to see that. We will likely continue to lose the White House until the religious zealots are forced out of the party or at least required to keep their personal religious views out of politics.

I am a Christian and I do not want a far right Christian zealot either!!
I think their religion should be left out of it
Shoot, I like Allen West, he is bold as hell when it comes to getting rid of terrorist
he is smart as hell and very outspoken, too much so for some people
I like Scott Walker, too, and Bobby Jindal is still my favorite!
But these people like Dr Carson and even Mike Huckabee needs to stay home
I do not like Jeb Bush at all
but the Repubs shoot themselves in the foot
Mitt Romney would have made a good president I am mad at him because he was too meek
we need some BALLS to stand up and quit being afraid to speak out
I am also pissed at the shi& heads who sat home and GAVE Obama another 4 years!!!
That is what is wrong with half of these ass holes
they are like frigging babies then they yell and scream with what we got
they sold us out and still has not learned one frigging thing!!!
Look at these jerks it is one of the main things wrong
I was a democrat all my life my parents were too
I voted for Al Gore and John Kerry BECAUSE I was told to, I could not stand either one of them
then I foolishly supported Hillary Clinton and would have forced myself to voter for Obama but I was paying attention and saw he was a POS and for the first time since George McGovern I voted AGAINST my own party
but the democrats have gone off the deep end!! PROGRESSIVES my ass
they are slimy as hell
but I AM NOT a Republican either!!
I am not the only one, but they will not listen they insult people like me
it is a shame
and half of the radio talk show jerks are just as bad
how many yelled about Mitt, then when he won the nomination they still screamed they are part of the problem
while they are running their mouths they are causing harm

Old 09-27-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think Obama has ruined it for any minority wishing to run . I think the next guy or gal who gets in there is going to have to clean up the mess that Obama has made of this country and it might take the next 12 yrs to do so ....I will not be surprised at all if the next guy or gal has a lot on their hands to straighten this country out and get it back on track if we ever will be able too . Believe me folks you don't want Jeb or Scott in there look at the mess they have created in florida . My sister lives in florida and she says it is just one big mess and she wishes she had the money and resources to leave cause she would if she could . please don't vote for either one of those two jokesters .

here we go
lets start bad mouthing and encouraging people not to vote
shi* that is HOW OBAMA WON!!!!!
I will vote for MICKY MOUSE before I vote for a progressive!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies