Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 10:30 AM

680 posts, read 1,034,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Pretty soon, the jokes are going to start popping up about Ferguson. Maybe even a board game.....it's going down the tubes entirely.
The jokes are already happening. Ferguson is going to be known worldwide for being a pawn for someone else's political cause. They desperately want this kid's death to remain in the spotlight until the mid terms.

This is the Trayvon Martin/Duke Lacrosse/Tawana Brawley/Jena 6 frenzy of this election cycle. There is no room for logic when there is racial divide to exploit ahead of an election.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
There is a Fire Sale at Tuesday Morning? Better tell the wife, she likes shopping there. Oh wait..........never mind.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:34 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
How does it reflect on anyone else-hard working black or not? And why should we listen to or respect the opinions of anyone that thinks this should reflect on the black community at large?

Talk about primitive mentality...
It DOES reflect on the black community because it just once again reaffirms that the stereotypes about them are true. You can't claim blacks are peaceful and then turn around and see so many blacks committing so many crimes every single day.

Its like GM with the recalling of millions of cars for various issues the past few years. Does this mean that all GM cars are dangerous? No probably not. The majority of GM cars on the road today are likely fine, but that doesn't change the fact that GM cars have been recalled at a higher rate than most other manufacturers recently.

Its the same with blacks and crime. Not all blacks are violent and criminal, but that doesn't change the fact that they do commit crime at higher rates than anyone else. Just the past few days in Toronto where I am, we've had several shootings and a school stabbing death. I'm willing to bet that half or more of these incidents involved blacks like they usually do. If this happens constantly, how can you NOT make a generalization that blacks aren't exactly the safest people to be around? You'd have to be stupid to see so much crime coming from only 7% of Toronto's population and still think blacks are no different from anyone else.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:43 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphan View Post
The jokes are already happening. Ferguson is going to be known worldwide for being a pawn for someone else's political cause. They desperately want this kid's death to remain in the spotlight until the mid terms.
Well Obama spoke of the US having it's own racial problems and made sure to mention Ferguson. I think he should have left it at we have our own racial problems. What was the point of bringing Ferguson up? Oh, wait, I know why!!!! I don't know why he didn't mention how Mexicans and those from Central America who are in the US illegally also suffer from racism.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
I was thinking someone tossed a cigarette. I mean do the loons think a bunch of white dudes rode in to burn down some pathetic curbside memorial?

Old 09-24-2014, 02:34 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
It DOES reflect on the black community because it just once again reaffirms that the stereotypes about them are true. You can't claim blacks are peaceful and then turn around and see so many blacks committing so many crimes every single day.

Its like GM with the recalling of millions of cars for various issues the past few years. Does this mean that all GM cars are dangerous? No probably not. The majority of GM cars on the road today are likely fine, but that doesn't change the fact that GM cars have been recalled at a higher rate than most other manufacturers recently.

Its the same with blacks and crime. Not all blacks are violent and criminal, but that doesn't change the fact that they do commit crime at higher rates than anyone else. Just the past few days in Toronto where I am, we've had several shootings and a school stabbing death. I'm willing to bet that half or more of these incidents involved blacks like they usually do. If this happens constantly, how can you NOT make a generalization that blacks aren't exactly the safest people to be around? You'd have to be stupid to see so much crime coming from only 7% of Toronto's population and still think blacks are no different from anyone else.
No it does not.

And bs to the rest of your post.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Lets see if they wreck their neighborhood again.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Lets see if they wreck their neighborhood again.
Yep they did.

More Unrest in Ferguson Overnight After Michael Brown Memorial Burns « CBS St. Louis

What morons.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
This boy was a law-abiding college student trying to improve his life, (according to his mum). He wouldn't do this. He shouldn't have died.
according to his mom, not mum, btw. So you are saying someone robbing a store is a law abiding citizen? Gee, that is so nice to know.

Until the investigation is over, we will not know who was right; even then there will always be doubts for many. Did he deserve to die? Probably no, unless he truly was going after the officers gun,but he was breaking the law. How about the guy who shot the cop in PA a couple weeks ago, did the cop deserve to die?

Old 09-24-2014, 03:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
tell you what, if I were black, I'd be all over these animals...they make good hard working blacks look bad...and there are a heck of a lot of great black people who would never even "think" to resort to something like this....talk about primitive mentality....
you have that so right. It is time the hard workers stand up to these good for nothings!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies