Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:16 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times

Advertisements

I have to admit I would be interested in seeing how my state of Pennsylvania would fare-or maybe an alignment of PA/NJ/DE/MD.

Mostly because I am sick and tired of my tax dollars paying for federal war after war after war even while our own borders are as open as ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 09:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Some good points, bit your numbers 1 & 2 are totally impossible.
Sadly, I know that. And since that is true we will continue to sit in the stagnant place we are in until something tips the scales enough to cause a breakup of the Union, it could happen very quickly and no ones knows for sure when it would come. As I said it will not be a simply act of States going their own way and forming alliances with other States and forming new Nations, it will only happen through the act of a lot of Americans spilling their blood and that of their former countrymen. It will not be a simple or bloodless breakup, it would be one of those Nasty Divorces people try to avoid being part of but have no choice but to take sides.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:54 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
No state is seceding from the U S ever and I do not waste my time thinking about it anymore. At one time I did think about it and always thought that Texas was the best choice to make it on their own. We are to far gone and controlled by the federal gvt and if it was voted on by the people it would be shot down. Just like the guy that was quoted who is on disability he would be a no vote for sure. Even conservatives that get social security and Medicare it would be doubtful if they would be in support of seceding knowing that their money and HC would dry up.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
No state is seceding from the U S ever and I do not waste my time thinking about it anymore. At one time I did think about it and always thought that Texas was the best choice to make it on their own. We are to far gone and controlled by the federal gvt and if it was voted on by the people it would be shot down. Just like the guy that was quoted who is on disability he would be a no vote for sure. Even conservatives that get social security and Medicare it would be doubtful if they would be in support of seceding knowing that their money and HC would dry up.
And you are probably correct, except for if those benefits have already dried up and have been lost, then it becomes a different matter all together.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most of the people open to secession are conservatives. I have no problem with those types leaving the union. They just can't take any American land with them...
Meh...we'll have a white president in two years and the conservatives will be happy again.

(Shoulder shrug)

Old 09-24-2014, 10:13 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
If only this were possible! All politicians do- is take the citizen's money to feather their own nests!

Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

"I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference anymore which political party is running things. Nothing gets done," said Roy Gustafson, 61, of Camden, South Carolina, who lives on disability payments.

Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
To be fair, the people not getting things done right now are Republicans in congress. Things got done a lot more with democrats in there. Fixing the Gerrymandering of districts would pretty much fix the problem a ton easier.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...we'll have a white president in two years and the conservatives will be happy again.

(Shoulder shrug)
Unless it is Hillary, then the whine will continue, the difference would be that the President will not care one iota how much they whine, she will return the respect they have shown her over the last 32 years, which is none. The Cons better hope they have a candidate the American People can stand for more than five seconds otherwise they will once again take away the choice of voting for someone from either Party and everyone can learn to say Madame President Hillary Clinton, and lets not forget that Bubba will be back in the Whitehouse, the look on the Cons faces would be priceless.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:24 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
The odds of a good candidate on the conservative side of the house are slim. The Republicans don't do as good a job of grooming people and having to debate the list of nutjobs that sign up leaves them so battered by the time the actual election rolls around taht they're compromised.

We had better hope that Romney is up for risking being a third time loser.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The odds of a good candidate on the conservative side of the house are slim. The Republicans don't do as good a job of grooming people and having to debate the list of nutjobs that sign up leaves them so battered by the time the actual election rolls around taht they're compromised.

We had better hope that Romney is up for risking being a third time loser.
So true and very frustrating for those not bound to a Party.
I would say Christie would be a far better bet, but against Hillary Romney might actually stand a chance, who knows. If they run Cruz, Hillary wins in a landslide.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:59 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So true and very frustrating for those not bound to a Party.
I would say Christie would be a far better bet, but against Hillary Romney might actually stand a chance, who knows. If they run Cruz, Hillary wins in a landslide.
Hilary wins in a landslide regardless. America has lost faith in the crooks (GOP).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies