Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:08 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,510,650 times

Advertisements

obama - liars gonna lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 09:11 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,822,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
When Obama speaks, the sounds equate to the sounds your dog makes when you give the command to 'speak'.

Obama and the dog speak on command but only unitelligible sounds are created.
Actually I was thinking that the sounds came from the other end?
(Yes, unintelligible but not always a sound you can hear)

Quote:
The world holds it breath as they wait to see if Obama 'evolves' to change his previously stated nebulous 'position'.
It is a good thing to hold your breath after my dog, uh, obama ..

Old 09-25-2014, 02:51 AM

15,492 posts, read 10,426,487 times
"In a summer marked by instability in the Middle East and Eastern Europe, I know the world also took notice of the small American city of Ferguson, Missouri – where a young man was killed, and a community was divided."

Really? A trigger happy cop shooting a young man is the same as all those terrorists committing mass murders? One murder equals thousands? One neighborhood that rioted is compared to a hundred towns raped and beheaded. Give me a freaking break.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:39 AM

17,363 posts, read 9,189,828 times
The National Journal has an article that contrasts the Obama speeches to the UN General Assembly over the last 6 years. They call it an "evolution", but I don't think that Obama "evolves" - he has a view of the World as he would like it to be ...... not as it is. His "fairy tale" policies have contributed greatly to the massive instability, but he (and his cult like followers) will never see that.

Six Speeches, and the Evolution of a President

(2009)He spoke of ending wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and talked of "extremists" rather than "terrorists." Russia was a partner, Guantanamo Bay would soon be emptied, and negotiators would find a way to close the Israeli-Palestinian divide.

"The tide of war is receding," he proclaimed in 2011.

A year later, on Sept. 25, 2012, the tone had changed considerably, the optimism dimmed.
But he ended the address with hope and the boast that "the war in Iraq is over; American troops have come home."

That hope carried over into the 2013 address. A "decade of war" had ended, he stated. "For the United States, these new circumstances have also meant shifting away from a perpetual war footing." At his most optimistic, the president declared that "the world is more stable than it was five years ago,"

Where a year ago he saw a world "more stable," this year he found "a pervasive unease in our world." Moments later, he warned the world that it risks being "pulled back by an undertow of instability."

Chuck Todd: This Is The 7th Nation Obama Has Bombed - MSNBC

Chuck Todd speaking with Chris Matthews and somehow they think this is "diplomacy".
The Leftists are STILL in hysteria mode over Bush bombing Iraq & Afghanistan and that was with Congressional Authorization and a Unanimous UN Security Council vote before he did it. Obama has now started bombing his 7th Nation ..... and it's HO-HUM, good "diplomacy".

There is a serious dis-connect with reality among that crowd.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
I watched/listen to it and I have to say - kudos to the person who wrote it. A great speech for the most part, written for the wrong person. The words came out of the mouth of someone who is known worldwide to be a liar.

I think the only input Obama had, in the way of adding to it, was in the following quotes:

I didn't realize that Ferguson was of international importance, right up there with what is going on in the ME and Eastern Europe, and was on the minds of people worldwide.

And this:

Funny thing was that when he referred to ISIL, the quick quotes put up by CNN during the speech were changed to ISIS.

Here's the speech that was written for him:

President Barack Obama's address to the United Nations General Assembly (transcript) - POLITICO Staff - POLITICO.com
That is true of ALL Presidents. Too bad you could not get past your own hate of the man to simply say it was a good speech. They go by both ISIL and ISIS, just so ya know.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Ok, thought this was going to be a thread discussing the speech, but once again I see it is nothing more than another right-wing whine thread and another total failure.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:41 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
I watched/listen to it and I have to say - kudos to the person who wrote it.
Yes, I think it was well written, and delivery was good as well.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,814,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Another great speech. Someone writes a draft of a speech. The President reviews it and adds his particular changes so they reflect his thought. He then delivers an always completely effective message with great depth, class, poise, and effectiveness. He makes the type of great speeches that Republicans can never make and can only dream of. In fact, he's a two-term President because of his speeches and his enormous success getting his message across in obliterating and owning Republicans.

No wonder Conservatives hate him.
I'm pretty sure it's based on "Intelligence Envy"...

Old 09-25-2014, 07:30 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,384,784 times
Amazing.

Conservative arguments are reduced to "Obama's speeches are written for the wrong person."

Just admit it already... everything about Obama causes you to lose sleep!

Old 09-25-2014, 07:32 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,160,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Another great speech. Someone writes a draft of a speech. The President reviews it and adds his particular changes so they reflect his thought. He then delivers an always completely effective message with great depth, class, poise, and effectiveness. He makes the type of great speeches that Republicans can never make and can only dream of. In fact, he's a two-term President because of his speeches and his enormous success getting his message across in obliterating and owning Republicans.

No wonder Conservatives hate him.

So his only qualifications are that he is "articulate and clean". Got it. Pretty low bar for such an important office. This is the equivalent of me saying my dog is smart because he signals when he needs to go outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies