Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 05:47 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times

Advertisements

What am I missing? An innocent man is gunned down by cops for operating fully within his rights, a right that Conservatives have vociferously fought to have recognized as protected by the Constitution, and no one is charged w/ a crime or held liable. And nothing?

How do Conservatives reconcile their supposed vigilance against tyranny and gov't trampling over American rights w/ the silence over an American getting killed for doing nothing, but standing in a store and the murderers not even being charged?

I did a Google News search on the story when I got off work @ 6p -- "John Crawford Walmart." In that last hour, 342 websites have an posted an article about the story. Everyone from Slate to NBCNews to LA Times to UPI to the AP, even local news stations. Everyone except the vast majority of Conservative watchdogs.

Reason is the only Conservative source bringing this up. Every major independent and Left-leaning news source seems to at least have an update. Why?

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 09-24-2014 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: Embedded the youtube clip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 05:55 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
We cared about it on here, but then the thread got locked for some reason

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...b-gun-wal.html

Old 09-24-2014, 05:57 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Walmart shooting: Surveillance video captures Crawford shooting | www.whio.com

What am I missing? An innocent man is gunned down by cops for operating fully within his rights, a right that Conservatives have vociferously fought to have recognized as protected by the Constitution, and no one is charged w/ a crime or held liable. And nothing?

How do Conservatives reconcile their supposed vigilance against tyranny and gov't trampling over American rights w/ the silence over an American getting killed for doing nothing, but standing in a store and the murderers not even being charged?

I did a Google News search on the story when I got off work @ 6p -- "John Crawford Walmart." In that last hour, 342 websites have an posted an article about the story. Everyone from Slate to NBCNews to LA Times to UPI to the AP, even local news stations. Everyone except the vast majority of Conservative watchdogs.

Reason is the only Conservative source bringing this up. Every major independent and Left-leaning news source seems to at least have an update. Why?
Whoa... now that was an insane bridge to a conservative lynching. You know some news is still just local, and being that I live in Cali I have enough local news to choke on. I live just blocks from where the cops shot a mans dog on the street for no reason. I live just a couple miles from where that homeless guy was beat to death by the two LA cops.

Just what would you have conservatives do?

This is an insane thread.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:06 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
Another of many cases of coward cops murdering an American. And shot him in the back! How brave these punk thugs are! When will Americans get tired of these gangsters with badges?

Officers Will Not Face Charges in "SWATing" Shooting Death of John Crawford III - Bearing Arms

Old 09-24-2014, 06:06 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good
Yes people just see "GUN" and they think the worst... They have been so conditioned its sad........

Old 09-24-2014, 06:22 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Bottom line is a large percent of White Americans are terrorized of the sight of a Black Man with a gun. The police in this shooting got the idea that he was threatening people because of a panicked 911 caller. The police should have used common sense but that caller bears part of the blame.

That said... why don't police use non lethal weapons like rubber bullets? It will knock down any possible threat but allow them to live another day.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:25 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
How did the grand jury not indict? This man was straight up murdered.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:28 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Probably because he was Black and did not matter like the White men open carrying real guns in Target. A White man confessed to lying to authorities about this man's actions with the BB Gun. As a result, he's dead. No racism in this country, right? Sigh...

Old 09-24-2014, 06:35 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Woah. That guy was just standing there alone and got shot. That is so wrong.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:36 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
You should pose that very question to your DA friends! They manipulate Grand Jury's to do what they, the DA, wants! The DA is in bed with cops! If the DA wants an indictment, there are very few jurors with the guts to "buck" them! If the DA doesn't want an indictment most Grand Jury's won't indict! The legal system is corrupt to the core. The criminals in America are the people enforcing the law the way they want. These murdering cops will walk with the blessing of the crooked and corrupt DA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
How did the grand jury not indict? This man was straight up murdered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies