Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 07:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If you ask a cop 'why?' when he tells you to do something, that just about guarantees a violent confrontation.

So, this scum's advice sucks all around.

There in lies the problem.

Protect & serve has turned suddenly into, oppress and beat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 07:15 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I've never been a conspiracy theorist nor am I anywhere near a prophet of any type ,but I see a time coming in the not so distance future where the American public turns on the cops in a hardcore way..as time goes on they hire dumber and dumber cops and fill their heads with hero BS and it just keeps getting worse.

Well, I have a bit of CT in me. I question everything, and try and look at all angles and possibilities, because you just never know. But that is a whole 'nother topic. At any rate, my bulls**** detector these days is in overdrive. As for today's cops, I really don't like this militarization of the police. It is all due to the war on drugs and the war on terror, and IMO we are turning into a police state because of it!

Old 09-25-2014, 07:18 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
I had a cop ask me to show him my boobs.....if I did he would not give me a ticket.

I did not do it.......and he did not ticket me.

Now, when I see the lights on top of a cop behind me flashing......I keep moving until I can pull into a place with other people.......and then explain myself.

The cops have always told me I did the right thing.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:23 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well, I have a bit of CT in me. I question everything, and try and look at all angles and possibilities, because you just never know. But that is a whole 'nother topic. At any rate, my bulls**** detector these days is in overdrive. As for today's cops, I really don't like this militarization of the police. It is all due to the war on drugs and the war on terror, and IMO we are turning into a police state because of it!
I agree 100%...DHS and the unPatriot act is the root problem...the old cops I worked with around here continue to wear their standard issue uniforms and just shake their heads at these new hire punks with their urban camo crap on and their "I'm a Navy SEAL Badass" attitude..the old dudes are just trying to make that last decade or less to retirement and create as few waves as possible.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I agree 100%...DHS and the unPatriot act is the root problem...the old cops I worked with around here continue to wear their standard issue uniforms and just shake their heads at these new hire punks with their urban camo crap on and their "I'm a Navy SEAL Badass" attitude..the old dudes are just trying to make that last decade or less to retirement and create as few waves as possible.

Well, given that "We The People" (maybe not you or I necessarily) continue to vote for D's and R's the very people that implemented and continue to enforce unConstitutional things like the Patriot Act and all of the Stasi-like agencies that comes with it, we get the government that we deserve.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well, given that "We The People" (maybe not you or I necessarily) continue to vote for D's and R's the very people that implemented and continue to enforce unConstitutional things like the Patriot Act and all of the Stasi-like agencies that comes with it, we get the government that we deserve.
I also agree with you on that,but I am WAY to dumb to know the answer to the problem...I think its ran so far downhill that long after I'm departed from this earth the public will rise up and there will be a politician and political hack hanging from every tree in every town and that generation will start over...I think it'll take quite a few more years before that happens,but something of that nature will eventually take place.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:34 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Not good advice. How about the police perform their job honestly, follow and obey the laws they are supposed to uphold and enforce and they won’t be sexually assaulting anybody, ruining somebody's life, getting themselves in trouble and smearing the image of the police in the eyes of the general public. These kinds of unfortunate stories can have the potential to get the public riled up and turn against law enforcement that I support and back up in general. However there does not have to be a violation of any kind to get pulled over and “detained.” They have the radio cars with lights, guns and what is she really going to do about it? Nothing but utilize her personal intuition, resources and intellect to defend herself as best she can. The officer can simple pull any woman over and claim there was a report of a similar vehicle involved in a recent crime or somebody phoned in that a car was road raging them, nearly caused an accident, and she meets the description. From there she is literally at his mercy and he can do whatever he so chooses. If she protests, defends herself or is otherwise deemed non cooperative in the officer’s judgment then she was resisting and assaulting the officer, his word, and she taken into custody.

Most of the time the officer is honest and above board which is why these situations are rare but they should not happen in the first place.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I also agree with you on that,but I am WAY to dumb to know the answer to the problem...I think its ran so far downhill that long after I'm departed from this earth the public will rise up and there will be a politician and political hack hanging from every tree in every town and that generation will start over...I think it'll take quite a few more years before that happens,but something of that nature will eventually take place.

Well a start would be to vote 3rd party. Vote for candidates that will adhere to the US Constitution who do not seek to radically change the United States. Write the name in if applicable. But by no means, DO NOT pander to or play the "lesser of two evils" game. Because a vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil. Is the game rigged? Perhaps. But if a mass turnout of 3rd party voters turns out, and yet one of the two establishment candidates still wins, then you know it is indeed rigged, and that should then spark mass protests about getting our system of government back on track, and the way it was not meant to be.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I had a cop ask me to show him my boobs.....if I did he would not give me a ticket.

I did not do it.......and he did not ticket me.

Now, when I see the lights on top of a cop behind me flashing......I keep moving until I can pull into a place with other people.......and then explain myself.

The cops have always told me I did the right thing.
Holy crap...if one did that to my wife or daughter I would definately end up in jail or shot and he would eat soup through a straw for a few months...stuff like that enrages me...we had a new hire in the small town that I used to work in that started stopping my wife,checking the VIN on my truck and then trying to start a convo with her...I let the first one slide,but the second time I drove straight to him,introduced myself and asked him what his probable cause for a traffic stop was...he mumbled around a bit and said she had crossed the centerline(on a bllacktop unlined road)..I told him that the next time he stopped her that he better have something that would stand up in court or two things would happen..I would raise hell at every town board meeting until they ran him off and when they did run him off(and that's one thing about this board,they are fair and put up with no bs from town employees) I would kick his ass every time I saw him because as a civilian the fine(back then) was only $75 and I had my $75 waiting...he actually turned out to be a very good cop later on and has since advanced up to Deputy......neither of us has ever mentioned it again(I see him several times a year now) and would like to think that not only did that ass chewing sit him on a straighter course in his chosen field,but may have actually saved a lady later on from going through what you suffered.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Holy crap...if one did that to my wife or daughter I would definately end up in jail or shot and he would eat soup through a straw for a few months...stuff like that enrages me...we had a new hire in the small town that I used to work in that started stopping my wife,checking the VIN on my truck and then trying to start a convo with her...I let the first one slide,but the second time I drove straight to him,introduced myself and asked him what his probable cause for a traffic stop was...he mumbled around a bit and said she had crossed the centerline(on a bllacktop unlined road)..I told him that the next time he stopped her that he better have something that would stand up in court or two things would happen..I would raise hell at every town board meeting until they ran him off and when they did run him off(and that's one thing about this board,they are fair and put up with no bs from town employees) I would kick his ass every time I saw him because as a civilian the fine(back then) was only $75 and I had my $75 waiting...he actually turned out to be a very good cop later on and has since advanced up to Deputy......neither of us has ever mentioned it again(I see him several times a year now) and would like to think that not only did that ass chewing sit him on a straighter course in his chosen field,but may have actually saved a lady later on from going through what you suffered.
Good to know you stood up for your wife.

I am proud of you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies