Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:05 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
My own mother, and my best friend's mother and sister are all exactly like this. I've been listening to freemkt's "Symphony of the Unmotivated" since I was 4 years old. My wife has a couple cousins like this. I have an old colleague sort of like this.

Lazy, unmotivated people want to live a retired lifestyle their whole lives, and conjure hard luck scenarios and tales of woe to live it prior to age 65-70. Pretty simple really, they don't like work, and make excuses for why they can't, why it's our fault, and why they deserve more given all their bad luck.

The downside is they vote for people who promise to take from the productive and give to them.

The note on my newish used auto loan (we're a one car family-it's cheaper) is 2.71% on a 17k-ish vehicle.

I dislike long-term debt but its not worth paying off when my investments are averaging 16% returns right now. I do most maintenance myself to save even more $. Youtube videos will walk you through most anything.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:06 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
My own mother, and my best friend's mother and sister are all exactly like this. I've been listening to freemkt's "Symphony of the Unmotivated" since I was 4 years old. My wife has a couple cousins like this. I have an old colleague sort of like this.

Lazy, unmotivated people want to live a retired lifestyle their whole lives, and conjure hard luck scenarios and tales of woe to live it prior to age 65-70. Pretty simple really, they don't like work, and make excuses for why they can't, why it's our fault, and why they deserve more given all their bad luck.

Back on topic: legal loansharks are easy to avoid using a tried and true technique that has been serving successful people since forever - don't make deals with them, delay gratification, and seek a better deal elsewhere. Anyone can do it, really.

??? I want to spend 60 hours a week selling online. I want to sell 10,000 items a year, I want to be able to buy large collections (which is where the big money lies) and sell them. I want to be the awesomest seller in my field, I know I am better at it than the big players. I want to be the seller and buyer of choice. I am really good at this but my environment is crippling me.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:08 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? I want to spend 60 hours a week selling online. I want to sell 10,000 items a year, I want to be able to buy large collections (which is where the big money lies) and sell them. I want to be the awesomest seller in my field, I know I am better at it than the big players. I want to be the seller and buyer of choice. I am really good at this but my environment is crippling me.
Yet the big players were able to do it, so in reference, you obviously are not better at it than them. Otherwise, you would be further along.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Yes, I have been resisting homelessness for quite some time, but I'm almost ready to take the plunge.
A homeless man posting his woes on the internet should indeed be entertaining.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
I can pay MY obligations but might not be able to cover for others.

How many people would be able to pay if their landlord hit them up to cover someone else's rent?
How many people would try to cover for others???

Not many people are that stupid.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
And there's an option you haven't considered - working more than you do, to the tune of like 80 hours per week, even if that requires four jobs only giving you 20 hours each. I have a second job as a tutor, and I make a 6 figure salary in my day job. Do I need the extra money? Meh, maybe not, but it's a nice way to have big shot dinners, buy my wife gifts, etc. And I like to teach.

There are 168 hours in a week. If you sleep/shower/eat/evacuate for 10 hours of each day, you have 98 hours every week leftover. I am willing to bet you are not putting more than 20 of those 98 to any productive use, and I don't care what your excuses are. There is work out there for you, and all you need to do is stop making excuses, go get hired, and start doing it. Once you do that, you'll have the resources necessary to make changes in your life for the better.

Now, I know while I am typing this that you will blow it off or bury it under an avalanche of "yeah but" excuses, because in 76 years, my mother never got it, nor has anyone I ever met who is like you, but I keep preaching it, because it really isn't that hard.

Back on topic - don't get a car loan if you cannot make the payments.

You casually assume I'm highly employable; in fact I have no marketable job skills except janitorial. But I have no car and no license; which are required for most janitor jobs around here, and probably necessary to get to four jobs.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:15 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
IMO, a silly question and scenario.

How about, if they give you demands you don't like, DON'T take the deal?

IF you decide to take the deal then you have NOTHING to whine about.

How dare you to ask people to take responsibilities for decisions they have made???!!!

Old 09-25-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
How many people would try to cover for others???

Not many people are that stupid.

Dear Ms Zoning,

PLEASE explain how a poor person (who cannot afford their own housing and therefore must live with others) gets a lease that does not require them to cover for others who don't pay the rent?

PLEASE explain how a poor person who lives with others escapes having to cover for others who don't pay their share of the gas bill.

You might have neglected to consider that issue in your owner-occupied cocoon.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:17 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Pay the bill as promised.

I'll bet if people borrowed money from you op you'd be there to collect when they promised. I don't get it. If you signed the contract and agreed to pay by x date.. do the right thing and pay the bill.
Seems like a simple concept, doesn't it?

Old 09-25-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How dare you to ask people to take responsibilities for decisions they have made???!!!

I presume you are NOT a landlord, otherwise you would understand the issues involved when multiple renters share housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies