Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:55 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So....white females had to breed for white males to have value???
White males have been the source of power and control in America and white women were complicit in this power notwithstanding intra-racial sexism. The white FAMILY could not be devoid of privilege and access because the white male was head of the household.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:57 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
White males have been the source of power and control in America and white women were complicit in this power notwithstanding intra-racial sexism. The white FAMILY could not be devoid of privilege and access because the white male was head of the household.
Aren't you glad we are past all of that????

Old 09-26-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Aren't you glad we are past all of that????
I do not know what your definition of "Past" means. People of Vietnam are past our war with them, but they are being ravaged by the legacy of agent orange which has caused high rates of deformities and birth defects.

Every action creates a reaction and we are now living with the reaction accrued from the past.....so we are not really past the "past" in my opinion. Some people like to think we are....that way if fits their narrative of the lazy, irresponsible, poor choice making black human, unencumbered by past or present racism, who is his and her own worst enemy.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-26-2014 at 08:41 AM..

Old 09-26-2014, 08:21 AM

939 posts, read 794,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If you bothered to read the thread you would know that he has been fired. btw, you also would know that people are not defending the cop.
I did read the thread, and know that he was fired. I'll still be surprised if he does one day in prison. Being fired is not enough.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Did you read what I wrote? First, let me say again that I think the cop was WRONG. However, we were taught to remain in the vehicle with our hands on the steering wheel where the cop could see them. The young man appeared to be trying to cooperate (from his understanding) but reaching back into the vehicle could be misconstrued by an officer as reaching for a gun. Again, the young man appeared to be trying to cooperate. I think he was never taught the correct way to respond when pulled over.
So you are saying he should have gotten back into the car and then put his hands on the wheel ?

Old 09-26-2014, 08:43 AM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you are saying he should have gotten back into the car and then put his hands on the wheel ?
No, from the beginning I have stated that the cop was WRONG. What I did bring up is that people seem to not be taught that when you are pulled over by a cop you do not exit your vehicle but keep your hands in plain sight, preferably on the steering wheel and wait for the officer to approach your car. This young man was incredibly polite and likely if he had remained in the vehicle this wouldn't have happened. Please do not twist this as me blaming the young man as it is not. Just a statement that the old understanding of how to behave when pulled over is not being taught. There is a reason people were taught to do that which is to prevent situations like this.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
No, from the beginning I have stated that the cop was WRONG. What I did bring up is that people seem to not be taught that when you are pulled over by a cop you do not exit your vehicle but keep your hands in plain sight, preferably on the steering wheel and wait for the officer to approach your car. This young man was incredibly polite and likely if he had remained in the vehicle this wouldn't have happened. Please do not twist this as me blaming the young man as it is not. Just a statement that the old understanding of how to behave when pulled over is not being taught. There is a reason people were taught to do that which is to prevent situations like this.
Yes....but at face value there is a problem when such has to be taught. Kind of like the things that had to be taught in the 50 and 60's about who not to look at, where you are supposed to sit on the bus and the like.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:52 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
Quote:
The seat belt law is often just used as a pretext to stop drivers that may fit a "profile". I used to get stopped for things like having a necklace hanging from my rear view mirror, having items (small items) in my back dashboard, rolling stops....etc. Obviously I was being profiled because I see people ALL THE TIME violating these (maybe not the rolling stop) supposed laws and passing by the police.
And possibly illegal window tint. I can't recall any white people getting stopped for this, but I've known quite a few blacks who have. Which begs the question 'how was tint to dark if the officer can see in to identify the driver?'

Old 09-26-2014, 09:01 AM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Yes....but at face value there is a problem when such has to be taught. Kind of like the things that had to be taught in the 50 and 60's about who not to look at, where you are supposed to sit on the bus and the like.
I was taught that in the 80's and frankly, it is just common sense.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I was taught that in the 80's and frankly, it is just common sense.
It's only common sense if the police are predators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies