Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 01:47 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
But ISIS is not an invading power, it's a competing revolutionary group that was growing within Iraq and Syria already. So how does the USA decide who is a Yankee and who is a Tory in this campaign?
Have you just woken up from hibernation?

The terrorists have embarked on a genocidal program of mass murder in the name of religion. Hacking peoples heads of for the hell of it tends to **** people off.

But you want to defend terrorists, feel free.

I want all terrorists dead.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:55 PM

10 posts, read 20,657 times
Quote:
Didn't I just read Isis was destroying Iraqi oil infrastructure a couple months ago... you know, so the West couldn't get what they so foolishly believe we wanted in the first place... the oil?

ISIS of course means "Islamic States of Iraq and Syria" to us (but not in Arabic, of course!). So why would they destroy Iraqi fields but not Syrian ones if they depended on oil production for their funding?

The whole thing is as crooked as a 3 dollar bill. I wonder who's oil production capability we are actually laying waste to?
The Islamic State (IS) seem to be out of their minds but the truth is that United States is responsible for IS because of their constant intervention. It does not matter who is running the show in Middle East. Even Osama Bin Laden recognized that he would sell oil to us if he was in power because you cannot drink it. Professor Michael Scheuer (and former CIA-agent for 20+ years and head of Osama Bin Laden unit) tells congress the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHl1JnQoIWQ

Old 09-25-2014, 01:57 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The price of oil is increased mainly on refining speed and uncertainty in the market. The few fields we are taking out aren't going to change the global price of oil.

The king of jordan said they are selling theirs at about 30 dollars a barrel.
Exactly.

Quote:
ISIS supply disruption is minimal. While ISIS has made headway in eastern Syria and northern Iraq, it has not yet been able to take control of many oil properties in the southern part of Iraq. Unless ISIS does so, there is probably little reason to worry about global supply being cut.
"There has been no visible production decrease yet. ISiS has made a push for the south of Iraq and has not succeeded. And that's where a significant portion of the country's oil production and infrastructure is," said Dan Pickering, co-president of Tudor Pickering Holt & Co., an investment bank that focuses on the energy industry.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:00 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Have you just woken up from hibernation?

The terrorists have embarked on a genocidal program of mass murder in the name of religion. Hacking peoples heads of for the hell of it tends to **** people off.

But you want to defend terrorists, feel free.

I want all terrorists dead.
So we're either with GW or the terrorists, I see. Too bad real life isn't so black and white... I though most folks had figured that out by now.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Didn't I just read Isis was destroying Iraqi oil infrastructure a couple months ago... you know, so the West couldn't get what they so foolishly believe we wanted in the first place... the oil?

ISIS of course means "Islamic States of Iraq and Syria" to us (but not in Arabic, of course!). So why would they destroy Iraqi fields but not Syrian ones if they depended on oil production for their funding?

The whole thing is as crooked as a 3 dollar bill. I wonder who's oil production capability we are actually laying waste to?
Perhaps you could share with us exactly where you "read" this. Another poster already correctly pointed out that "we" bombed portable Oil Refineries and not "Oil Fields". It wasn't in Iraq, it was in Syria. A good question is "who gave ISIS (or sold to ISIS) these portable refineries? I'm remembering it was Turkey, but I can't be sure about that. News has been moving so fast that several articles got away from me for I got them bookmarked.

Pentagon: New airstrikes target refineries used by ISIS in Syria - CNN

As to "why" ..... it's all about the MONEY that ISIS is earning by selling black market refined oil & gas.
They are selling it through brokers to Iran, Syria, Turkey and even the Iraq Government ..... and of course ISIS is also using the refined oil to power their own vehicles and run the Cities they have captured. These refineries are an important part of their funding (estimates are $2-5 Million dollars a day) and their infrastructure.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:16 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Perhaps you could share with us exactly where you "read" this. Another poster already correctly pointed out that "we" bombed portable Oil Refineries and not "Oil Fields". It wasn't in Iraq, it was in Syria. A good question is "who gave ISIS (or sold to ISIS) these portable refineries? I'm remembering it was Turkey, but I can't be sure about that. News has been moving so fast that several articles got away from me for I got them bookmarked.

As to "why" ..... it's all about the MONEY that ISIS is earning by selling black market refined oil & gas.
They are selling it through brokers to Iran, Syria, Turkey and even the Iraq Government ..... and of course ISIS is also using the refined oil to power their own vehicles and run the Cities they have captured. These refineries are an important part of their funding (estimates are $2-5 Million dollars a day) and their infrastructure.
The nightly news the other night said that they were stealing them from areas they took in Syria. They are using some of them in Iraq, but most of the oil they are selling is from Syria.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:22 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:

Gas prices started to fall :-) We didnt want that to happen in the winter and have OIL prices NORMAL for once.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:47 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Isis insurgents attack Iraq's biggest oil refinery | World news | theguardian.com

Iraq's Baiji Refinery repairs to take at least a year | Reuters

Iraq's Insurgency and the Threat to Oil... feel it at the gas pump

Iraq blowback: Major oil companies evacuating personnel over fears ISIS targeting oilfields -- Society's Child -- Sott.net

As for what we are actually attacking, we are currently only getting info from the Attackers. Just Sayin'

Old 09-25-2014, 02:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Exactly.
Quote:
ISIS supply disruption is minimal. While ISIS has made headway in eastern Syria and northern Iraq, it has not yet been able to take control of many oil properties in the southern part of Iraq. Unless ISIS does so, there is probably little reason to worry about global supply being cut.
"There has been no visible production decrease yet. ISiS has made a push for the south of Iraq and has not succeeded. And that's where a significant portion of the country's oil production and infrastructure is," said Dan Pickering, co-president of Tudor Pickering Holt & Co., an investment bank that focuses on the energy industry.
ISIS has not "taken control of oil properties in the Southern part of Iraq" because those are Majority Shia. This is an important point .. in both Syria and Iraq - ISIS has taken over the Sunni areas, not the Shia areas.

Why is this? several reasons.

1. The Sunni areas are what is called "distressed" - they are attacked by Bashar al-Assad in Syria and by the Iranian backed Baghdad Government in Iraq. The Sunni areas initially welcomed ISIS because they thought they would be better than the Shia oppression, and in the case of Syria - Assad was murdering the civilians as fast as he could.

2. Tribal and Clan affiliations play an important part - these Tribes & Clans are ancient, the membership can be in the 100's of 1,000's. ISIS is working on consolidation and growth - they are acquiring territory in large blocks and supply lines as necessary (transit to Turkey). As they grow, they will eventually move to increase their "Islamic State". The only real resistance they have is the Kurds in both Syria & Iraq ..... but they have only Light Arms and a ton of courage.

3. ISIS 'converts' people to their form of Islam - it's often referred to as Takfiri in that part of the world - the choice is 'convert' or you die.

4. It's worth noting that ISIS has done very little in the way of 'harm' to either Bashar al-Assad or to the Maliki Government. They are not killing Shias unless the Shia come after them - ISIS is killing Sunni, Kurds(who are mostly Sunni) and Christian groups. It's no secret that the Core of the ISIS fighters were released from prison by Bashar al-Assad .... and yet, the West is not questioning this and some are still pressing for the USA to Partner with the Butcher of Damascus.
Almost 200,000 dead since Syrian Civilians began to peacefully protest the Assad Government a little over 3 years ago. The world stood by and watched.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
So we're either with GW or the terrorists, I see. Too bad real life isn't so black and white... I though most folks had figured that out by now.
I apply a simple solution to a simple problem. Kill terrorists wherever they roost.

Only idiots make it too complex. Such as the fool in the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies