Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 10:26 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I agree....

Life is a struggle for all of us.
I guess some people just don't and will never realize that.

How are you supposed to reason with someone who in their heart believes something as ignorant and ludicrous as white privilege? These morons will never obtain what they demand because it doesn't exist.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:35 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Justice for Michael Brown | NAACP

NAACP

Look though this site.

They have Wilson convicted without charges being filed.

Why not wait until the Grand Jury decides after hearing the evidence???
I must admit, looking at both links, I do not see anything to support your statement. Indeed, I cannot even find 'Wilson' being named anywhere. Where did you get the 'convicted without charges being filed' idea? Surely not from these two websites (the second one is not worth even looking at), which seem to call for 'justice'.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:36 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's only bad if you're white. Colored people can call other colored people anything they want to, that's the privilege you get for being under privileged or whatever they're calling it these days.
If that's what it takes to make someone feel special about themselves they can have it.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:42 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Who are "you guys"?

I'm the father of a half black child, I generally care what takes place in the black community because it will affect his life forever. Where exactly can I pick up my white privilege because I haven't been able to find that **** yet?
Quote:
When I find mine I will let you know.
It isn't found. It is given to you when born by society for having white skin.

Quote:
Do most black people realize just how utterly stupid statements like this sounds?
Quote:
I agree....

Life is a struggle for all of us.
Quote:
The truth doesn't sound stupid at all to me, it's the nonsense that I hear some of you spewing daily about white privilege that sounds stupid.
We didn't make it up.

White Privilege
White Privilege: Unpacking the invisible knapsack
A Mother's White Privilege
White Privilege (Academic paper)

But you know what... go ahead and stay ignorant of societal circumstances. That just proves everyone's point about white privilege. You get that choice. You get the choice to ignore race everyday. Blacks and other minorities don't.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:48 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sorry, but you're missing the point.

Before these police dash cams and proliferation of cellphones, the cops were doing this stuff with regularity in minority communities, and whites said that we were lying about it. Not only has white America found out the truth, but they're NOW finding out that the cops are doing it to many whites too.

Now that cameras are catching this behavior, you wanna move the goalposts do talk about what lead up to the cop being abusive.

What could possibly lead up to a cop straddling a woman on the ground and punching her in the face?
Its interesting how you say its great that there's cameras everywhere now that can catch bad police behavior where previously we might've only heard the cop's side of the story or not even hear of it at all, yet how come blacks aren't equally enthusiastic that camaras everwhere are catching bad black behavior and crime all the time now?

Why is it everytime a cop is caught behaving in a bad manner towards blacks, its seen as yet another example in a long line of many examples of how police are biased against blacks and there are demands that such behavior from them must change. Yet when cameras CONSTANTLY catch blacks committing violence and crime, blacks ALWAYS say that all those videos don't represent 'the majority of blacks' and therefore there aren't similar demands for blacks to change their behavior?

I don't disagree that there are many cops who do need to change their behavior and how they interact with the public no matter what race/ethnicity they are, but by the same token why can't we look at all these videos of black violence and crime and realize that its only the tip of the iceberg and ask blacks to change their behavior so that people and particularly non-blacks don't have to continually be the victims of black crime?

Old 09-26-2014, 10:53 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Well, I looked at their site and it is a bit pathetic because:

a) They are asking for justice for Michael Brown.....um.....that means what? Oh wait there is a grand jury looking into bringing charges, that sounds like the judicial process to me.

b) On the same page they are talking about "police brutality" errr.....whatever happened to justice and getting the facts???

Irregardless, they are a funny organization. I loved the timeline they once had up about key legislation and moments for rights and every politician that was democrat was labeled (D) and all the republicans had thier label removed. They do a lot of great things but they've really been cheapening their image the last 10-20 years IMO.

Thank goodness we have a black democrat in office or they'd be screaming about this being Bush's fault.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
It isn't found. It is given to you when born by society for having white skin.
We didn't make it up.

White Privilege
White Privilege: Unpacking the invisible knapsack
A Mother's White Privilege
White Privilege (Academic paper)

But you know what... go ahead and stay ignorant of societal circumstances. That just proves everyone's point about white privilege. You get that choice. You get the choice to ignore race everyday. Blacks and other minorities don't.
I'm sure life is a lot easier when you conveniently blame everything on those "evil white people". Must be nice, I wouldn't know.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:11 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Justice for Michael Brown | NAACP

NAACP

Look though this site.

They have Wilson convicted without charges being filed.

Why not wait until the Grand Jury decides after hearing the evidence???
Common sense... The justice system is not impartial so the righteous need to speak up prior to a perversion of justice happening...

Old 09-26-2014, 11:18 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
And these responses are why the American black will remain an underclass - it's the negative mindset that most seem to have. At least some blacks are waking up and have left the leftwing plantation. The NAACP feeds off the 'poor me' mentality that cd blacks exhibit in these threads and leftwing blacks exhibit everywhere in the USA.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Common sense... The justice system is not impartial so the righteous need to speak up prior to a perversion of justice happening...
Awwww, how awfully prejudice of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies