Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 01:24 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Most people just don't believe it would decline so quickly, or don't want to. It does depend on where your local is. Rural northern Michigan probably would not fall apart , while downtown Detroit would within a couple of days.
I agree, the more rural areas would probably last longer. I would most certainly make my way to my dads land. He has a stocked fishing pond, more guns then me, and would be a good weeks hike across wooded areas. I am stocked for such a venture, and could make it with my kids.

But the point is "I just can't believe in todays society" is an illusion.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,579,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Yes, they have been taken back over, so it's changed twice - lots of change in 50 - 60 years. Now, go find a link about serial beheadings within the past 13 years in the name of the Baptist religion if you think your argument about this incident has merit in today's world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The arabs have never stopped this practice. Its been common there for sometime. Its just a backwards part of the world.

Dictators and Kings have kept the place in line. A blind eye was turned towards the south after reconstruction, which was why there was no mass media coverage of what was going on down here until the 1960's.

Even with dictators and kings controlling that region of the world, the middle east, there were beheadings and murders in the name of religion. They simply haven't caught up to the rest of the world. Some would say that the dictators and kings kept them from catching up to the rest of the world. But let me ask you this, if there was no oil in the middle east, what would be their number one export and industry? There isn't one. Thats their issue.

Just like rural areas of Africa, they have atrocities that we never hear about. Women having their breasts cut off with knives after being gang raped. Happens everyday in subsahara Africa, but they aren't Americans they are happening to, and it doesn't make for good TV.

I see the middle east for what it is. They have oil, instability in the market threatens the economics of powerful nations, so when a few nut jobs go crazy, we step in. Take away the power of the oil from the region, and people simply won't care anymore.
True - none of that changes who's doing beheadings.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:36 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,604 times
well lets wait an hear our president come on to tell everyone to not take this seriously
do not read this wrong Islam is peaceful yadda yadda yadda
and his minions hacks and paid soothsayers spin this and blame the dead woman!!!

Old 09-26-2014, 01:36 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,728,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Society can break down within 24 hours. Its an illusion. Ask any good survival expert, or anyone interested in the topic.

If we lost electricity, nationwide, for more then a day or two, see how quickly things revert to our more animalistic tendencies.

Look at New Orleans after Katrina as an example.
Good point.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:37 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
True - none of that changes who's doing beheadings.
I think this was just a nut. Like other nuts, he used religion as a means to an end. The fact it was in Oklahoma means little, nuts kill people every day, even in the United States.

Dahmer used to cut peoples heads off, and keep them in the fridge. Ed Gein used to skin people. America has our fair share of nuts, and yes, some have used religion, no matter which one, as justification for their rampages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
There's been deranged lunatics, tweekers, and organized crime beheading people for years in America.

well this did not take long......
except this scum bag was Islamic
go figure

1,961 posts, read 2,251,451 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can understand that the jihadists are doing it in the name of their religion and the cartels are doing in for their business and territory and they may or may not be Christian. The jihadists see anyone that doesn't share their view as a potential target. The cartels are focused on their business rivals. One makes many more people a possible target than others. I know it feels better to not acknowledge that or to draw equivalence, but it's not the case. The jihadists will tell you it's not the case. They want to take over. The cartels would rather go unnoticed.
Thank you for making sense.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Not really any bigger deal than any other killing in the US to me. Some guy shot up a mall and killed several people where I lived a couple years back because he was angry at the world. Some guy beat his wife to death in front of his kids down the street from me. There's all kinds of lunatics and criminals causing violence in this country--America is a violent place.

This guy in Oklahoma was a lunatic killer--fry his ass. At the same time, it's not losing any sleep over this incident.

here is another one,,,yep right on cue~~~

Old 09-26-2014, 01:42 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
here is another one,,,yep right on cue~~~
Ok, why are you making a big deal about this murder & not the COUNTLESS murders committed with firearms? Are you so numbed & used to gun deaths that it doesn't even faze you anymore?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:42 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,145 times
Sources say that Nolan has an "Obama/Biden" sticker on his car bumper......go figure...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies