Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 01:44 PM

495 posts, read 684,574 times

Advertisements

The biggest story of the day and of course MSN is not covering it. Even CNN has this as their second story. I used to poo poo media bias but this just f ing convinced me(Kill bill 2).

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Remember this is only workplace violence and ain't got nuttin to do wid them mooslems. Nidal Hasan Kinda like that Major Nidal fellow don't you know.

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
here is another one,,,yep right on cue~~~
So you don't agree the guy was a lunatic and we should sentence him to death? Why are you soft on crime?

Last edited by Deezus; 09-26-2014 at 02:07 PM..

Old 09-26-2014, 01:45 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,252,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And a bloke who's just lost his job at a food processing plant, who goes ballistic with a knife, doesn't fall into either camp. He's got more in common with the guy who lost his job at UPS earlier this week and went postal.
Unless he was fired for actions related to the practice of his religion. If so, we then have a common thread that cannot be discounted. In addition to the nutcase aspect shared with anyone who goes postal at work.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:46 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I believe one reason he was let go was because he was trying to convert others .
Watch what happens- a Democrat will introduce legislation that makes it illegal for businesses to fire people for harassing others into converting to Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If we lost electricity, nationwide, for more then a day or two, see how quickly things revert to our more animalistic tendencies.
I remember the northeast blackout in 2003 lasted for two days. From what I can recall, most communities were surprisingly quite civil during that blazing hot August weekend. Very few rioting/looting incidents.

Last edited by renault; 09-26-2014 at 02:00 PM..

Old 09-26-2014, 01:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Could you explain that a little? Diverse in what way, at our founding? Please be specific and cite text from any of our founding documents, or letters and speeches of the Founders.

What kind of "diversity" existed in Colonial America?
Muslims were among the very first to arrive, albeit not by choice.

Many Europeans immigrated here for the purpose of religious freedom. Quakers and Puritans were amongst the first settlers. Puritans tried to enforce their way or the highway but that did not last long. Anglicans, Baptists, Catholics, Protestants and Lutherans followed.

Those good Christians had no problem taking what did not belong to them by any means possible.
Then there were the whack jobs that perpetuated the Salem Witchcraft trials followed by the Great Awakenings.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:51 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If he had been say Baptist, would that have changed the outcome or your reaction?
A highly hypothetical question. If he had been a 90-year-old great-grandmother, would my reaction be the same? No. But then again, that says more about the unlikelihood of that hypothetical scenario. Just like your example with Baptists. Have you ever heard of ISIS? If Baptists were going around doing what ISIS is doing, or if Baptist fundamentalists flew planes into the WTC, etc., etc., and the killer was a Baptist, then yes, I would probably point out the connection, just as I have with Muslims.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Society can break down within 24 hours. Its an illusion. Ask any good survival expert, or anyone interested in the topic.

If we lost electricity, nationwide, for more then a day or two, see how quickly things revert to our more animalistic tendencies.

Look at New Orleans after Katrina as an example.
Soon as those cell phones start shutting down teens will start jumping out windows, just kidding they might cry for a while first.
Think for a week or two and the scenario gets far worse, and go for more than that and many cities would simply run with blood and burn. We are one EMP pulse from chaos and total melt down. Read the book One Second After by William R. Forstchen, it is a pretty accurate account of how the world could change for us from that sort of event, which can also happen by a large enough Solar Flare as well a device set off on purpose. It can be very eye opening and can also help one think about what they should do when thinking about being prepared, it is the little things that we will miss, would anyone want to go back to a time when T-Tissue is no longer available

Old 09-26-2014, 01:53 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Sources say that Nolan has an "Obama/Biden" sticker on his car bumper......go figure...!
Which source was it?

Bevis or Butthead?

I'm betting on the butt source.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:57 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
I was telling a family member last week that we need to start to address our travel plans & subway use around the coming public beheadings & assorted attacks....no kidding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies