Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 03:15 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
a beheading?
come on can you really just make so light of this?
look I had a family member murdered, so I take NONE of them lightly
I am not going to waste my time with you if you can not see that this is linked to ISIS
who has called out to their supporters here in the US to do this
or do you think ISIS is just a little political group?
No, as a matter of fact I don't take it lightly. However it seems that you're overly concerned about this one atrocity compared to the hundreds of atrocities that happen daily here with firearms.

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
A man with a gun stopped further killing!

The horror! Too bad one of you leftie gun grabbers weren't there to talk nice to him instead of shooting him.

1,961 posts, read 2,253,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It was a black man with Jesus tattoos and with an Allah tattoo. Who had just gotten fired. For reasons we do not know. Who got angry, ran his SUV into another car, then entered the front office and started stabbing, with his work knife, the first person he ran into. He stabbed her in the neck so hard he severed her head from her body. He then went on to a second victim, and was only stopped from killing her when the COO of the company shot him. We don't have any idea whether his religion played any part in this attack, we don't even know whether he intended to behead this woman. So, why don't you stay on point, and talk about what it actually is and was. Instead of the massive Islam-bashing we are seeing on this thread.
There was certainly more to this than stabbing her in the neck so hard that her head was severed from her body. Cannot be done unless the weapon is a machete or something similar and then that's a deliberate swing or chop action, not a stabbing.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:17 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
There's nothing to say that this guy was a follower of ISIS.

He's a black ex-con. He's probably more a follower of Mohammed Ali than terrorists.

And he just happened to get fired, and moments later went on a rampage.

And Obama is irrelevant to this thread. Your hatred of him notwithstanding.
He was shouting pro islamic statements as he committed the act.

Get your head out of your arse.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
More assumptions on your part.

The police said her head was severed, not "completely severed".

Due to the nature of the crime (a violent workplace attack) they were asking the FBI to get involved.

I'm not dismissing anything. I'm pointing out that we currently do not know if religion played any role in this attack at all.

But Islam-bashers are so entrenched in their hatred, they refuse to acknowledge that. Instead, they'd rather jump on their Islam-bashing train, blame the violence on a religion.

UPS employee gets fired, goes on a rampage.

Vaughn Foods employee gets fired, goes on a rampage. But it must be jihad at Vaughn Foods, because the black guy with religious tattoos just recently converted to Islam.

It couldn't be, unstable men, get fired, go on workplace rampages.
LOL..you are cherry picking today aren't you .....

They didn't say her throat was slashed, they said her head was severed.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:19 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
There's nothing to say that this guy was a follower of ISIS.

He's a black ex-con. He's probably more a follower of Mohammed Ali than terrorists.

And he just happened to get fired, and moments later went on a rampage.

And Obama is irrelevant to this thread. Your hatred of him notwithstanding.

oh I am sure you have all the facts right why because YOU say them
I do not hate Obama he is not worth hating
he is a POS and an enemy to our country
oh sure people go on rampages and behead folks all the time
good grief

Old 09-26-2014, 03:20 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Lots of Islam sympathizers in this thread.
I guess you guys would convert if pushed ?
No, we're simply not piling all muslims into the extreme category. The fundamentalists suck & need to be eliminated, the others obviously not. Why is that so hard to understand for some people? The generalizations of many on this forum is staggering. And nope, I wouldn't convert. Because I'm an atheist, I want nothing to do with any religion because I believe most religions are the basis of most evil in this world.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
There was certainly more to this than stabbing her in the neck so hard that her head was severed from her body. Cannot be done unless the weapon is a machete or something similar and then that's a deliberate swing or chop action, not a stabbing.
It doesn't have to be a machete. The kind of knives in food processing plants are often designed to cut through tissue and bone quite easily. We aren't talking about a steak knife here. And we don't know that her head was completely severed.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, we're simply not piling all muslims into the extreme category. The fundamentalists suck & need to be eliminated, the others obviously not. Why is that so hard to understand for some people? The generalizations of many on this forum is staggering. And nope, I wouldn't convert. Because I'm an atheist, I want nothing to do with any religion because I believe most religions are the basis of most evil in this world.
I don't know that folks on this thread are doing that.

Well the police dept saw a connection and got the FBI involved.
PC should not take precedence here. If there is a connection then it needs to be investigated.
What if this guy is just one of many "converts" and there are active efforts underway to convert many to the extremist view ?
It seems these types of crimes and terror plots all lead back to newly converted Muslims.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:24 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I think some people would use the last three seconds of life left in their severed head to apologize for islam subsequent to a Muslim doing the severing. I will give them this though -I somewhat respect that amount of dedication to principle, as crazy as that principle might be.
+1. I get that impression too. I'm afraid that in this world you have to pick a side. Many would rather stay neutral and "unbiased" though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies