Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2014, 05:08 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
Mohammad himself kept slaves, does he represent Islam?

Here is the order is which Saudi Arabia/Qatar/U.A.E etc sees cultures/races (just in case you wanted to visit):
White > Arabs > Asians > Blacks
Dude do you really want to go there? I've been to Dubai 3 times. My fiance is an Afro Arab and her brother and father have a business over there and to be honest they are doing very, very well for themselves. They may not have a single digit on there license plate, but they live a lifestyle most over here could only dream of. And guess what? I'm a Black American, and I wasn't treated any different over there than over here. And you want to talk about slaves and servants? Just as many cute and perky 20-30 something y/o white girls from middle America are over there getting alot worse stuff done to them in the bedroom of some rich sheikh than as that picture you've posted. If you think their Harems are filled with Persian girls and Arab girls then well my friend you need to get a stamp in your passport and head over there. LOL

Old 09-27-2014, 05:21 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
This is just speculation at this point but I will bet my bottom dollar this is what happened.... He was aggressively trying to convert people to islam, people complained to HR and he was fired. He then lost it in a religious fueled rage and beheaded the first infidel coworker he could find like a good jihadist.
Too dumb for that.

He was probably just a bad employee.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Dude do you really want to go there? I've been to Dubai 3 times. My fiance is an Afro Arab and her brother and father have a business over there and to be honest they are doing very, very well for themselves. They may not have a single digit on there license plate, but they live a lifestyle most over here could only dream of. And guess what? I'm a Black American, and I wasn't treated any different over there than over here. And you want to talk about slaves and servants? Just as many cute and perky 20-30 something y/o white girls from middle America are over there getting alot worse stuff done to them in the bedroom of some rich sheikh than as that picture you've posted. If you think their Harems are filled with Persian girls and Arab girls then well my friend you need to get a stamp in your passport and head over there. LOL
All that you've stated doesn't discount the fact that slavery is still very well alive in parts of the ME and Africa. Nor that Muhammad had slaves.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:39 AM

89 posts, read 209,912 times
This the strength of diversity liberal egalitarians keep talking about. More of this will come in the near future as the country turns into a third world jungle.

Last edited by The Saxon Lion; 09-27-2014 at 05:48 AM..

Old 09-27-2014, 06:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Muslims were among the very first to arrive, albeit not by choice.
Are you trying to tell me that the slaves were Muslims? On what basis do you make this claim? Can you point me to some primary evidence of your claim? I think you are assuming that because they were blacks from Africa, they must have been Muslim.

The Muslims of West Africa ran the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. The captured slaves were dhimmis, persons of other faiths but living under Muslim rule due to Muslim conquest. Also, those outside of the Muslim Empire were considered acceptable sources of slaves.

There is no evidence (at least none that I am able to find) that the slaves brought to America were Muslims. In fact, I think American History reveals that by the time of abolition of slavery, the freed slaves were Christians. So, at what point was their conversion to Christianity from Islam (if your assertion is true)?

Is there any record of Islamic Mosques in America being built after the abolition of slavery? If the American slaves had been Muslims, one would think that they would have built some Mosques upon gaining their freedom. But we do have a history of black Christian churches (many of which the KKK torched). I read that the first Islamic Mosque was established in the United States in 1915.

Quote:
Many Europeans immigrated here for the purpose of religious freedom. Quakers and Puritans were amongst the first settlers. Puritans tried to enforce their way or the highway but that did not last long. Anglicans, Baptists, Catholics, Protestants and Lutherans followed.
The Puritans were Christians from England, not Europe. They were opposed to the Church of England's semblance with the Roman Catholic Church, and wished to "purify" it.

Like most of the Colonists of Early America, the Puritans were Calvinist in their theology.

In what way (please cite some sources) did the Puritans try to "enforce their way or the highway," and on whom?

The Quakers (Christians, a sect) were also English.

Virtually all of the settlers in the British Colonies (which would become the American Colonies) were English.

Quote:
Those good Christians had no problem taking what did not belong to them by any means possible.
Then there were the whack jobs that perpetuated the Salem Witchcraft trials followed by the Great Awakenings.
"Taking what did not belong to the?" Like, what, for instance. Can you be more specific? And, "by any means possible?" Please explain.

What do the Salem Witchcraft trials and The Great Awakening have to do with "diversity" (since the founding, which is what you asserted)? What do they have to do with "diversity" at all?

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 09-27-2014 at 06:31 AM..

Old 09-27-2014, 06:50 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
That's the thing, the deputy was trained, not just any hot dog 'citizen', or even 'security guard' who happened to be 'carrying' nearby.

Scientific American: The Science of Guns Proves Arming Untrained Citizens Is a Bad Idea
The critical issue????
He was trained??? No
He was a deputy???? No
He was armed and willing to use it and knew how?? Yes yes yes

Old 09-27-2014, 06:53 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
The attempts to discount the connection between islam and extreme acts of violence on this thread are weak

Old 09-27-2014, 06:58 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
You want a double standard, one that causes people to lose respect for the DOJ under Holder ?

If someone attacks another and is rumored to have uttrered a banned word in the distant past or besmirched a protected species in some way preceived as race based, that person would be charged with a hate crime and branded a racists before you can blink.

Remeber how after the zimmerman trial the DOJ sent out requests for people to reveal any stories of GZ saying racist things. The FBI interviewed everyone in sight trying to prove GZ was racist.

So here we have ft hood and now OK, among others, where the perp is well documanted as hating Christians and America and the feds are calling it work place violence??????

Something stinks at the DOJ.

Is the blindfold of justice is slipping or is that EH removing the blinfold and using it as a handkerchief?

Old 09-27-2014, 06:58 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
It seems like the guy stabbed her so hard in just the right place - her neck - that it also beheaded her.

I am thinking this is more of a stabbing than a beheading because i relate a beheading with a sword.

But you better believe that - even though there are some muslims that choose to be moderate - for now - Islam IS A RELIGION OF VIOLENCE AND JIHAD. And those that practice such violence ARE actually obeying the Quoran, which tells Muslims to kill the infidels.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:13 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,253,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge
In fact, the FACT that the guy didn't know either of the women he attacked, and the attacks were RANDOM, makes it not an act of jihad. Jihad isn't RANDOM.

Of which their attacks were kind of random in themselves.
So DC, would you consider the attacks on the twin towers *not* an act of jihad since the terrorists did not know their victims?

Islamist extremists consider all non-Muslim Americans (as well as liberal Muslim Americans) to be infidels (or heretics) and deserving of death. Thus an attack on any such person can be justified as an act of jihad whether they are personally known or not. From the POV of the extremist Islamist such an attack is not random, as it may appear to us, but instead targeted.

Last edited by Jumpindogs; 09-27-2014 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: clarify original poster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies