Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:04 PM

32,118 posts, read 15,107,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
homeowners need accuracy to bring to an end home invasions.
law enforcement needs to stop punishing home owners who defend themselves.
i like accuracy.
If an intruder has entered your home then you should absolutely be able to defend yourself. If they are in your yard or on your porch.....then no.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:09 PM

433 posts, read 291,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If an intruder has entered your home then you should absolutely be able to defend yourself. If they are in your yard or on your porch.....then no.
No, if they are threat you have the right to defend yourself...

I does not matter on yard or porch or doorway..

Old 09-28-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
No, if they are threat you have the right to defend yourself...

I does not matter on yard or porch or doorway..
How is someone a threat outside of your home that you need to shoot them. Why is it that people who own guns are so scared of basically everything, while those that don't own guns just go about their business and could care less

Old 09-28-2014, 10:20 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,203,535 times
Quote:
How is someone a threat outside of your home that you need to shoot them. Why is it that people who own guns are so scared of basically everything, while those that don't own guns just go about their business and could care less
You honestly cannot see HOW someone could be a threat just because they aren't in your home? Just so you know, 99% of homes will provide marginal, at best, protection against a rifle round, thus a perp could easily pepper your home with a rifle and put you in danger. Some people may be content to hide and hope nothing happens before the police arrive, but others may prefer a more proactive solution, aka self defense.

Also, it's not gun owners who are afraid of everything, they are literally the target of constant attacks from anti-gun nutcases. It is also those anti-gun nutcases who truly are afraid of an inanimate object. Then again, it's easier to ban guns, stick their heads in the sand, and proclaim "job well done," rather than truly addressing the issues which cause violent behavior. (Hint: it's not guns)

Old 09-28-2014, 10:23 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,675,878 times
Quote:
Well the point is he and many other statist can not stand people having such ability as to drop tyrants with a well place shot so easily.
This is true. People in power don't like the idea of a perfectly accurate 1000 meter sniper rifle. If pure right wing radical tea party conservatives were in power, they would like it just as little as any other person in power. It's not about liberals. It's about the fact that super accuracy from very long range is impossible to defend against. How much is too much?
How's Gunlover doing these days?

Old 09-28-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Riots with Moltov Coccktails..

We are not scare of anything, we just understand the world is a unsafe and unpredictable place and understand the threats we face and might face.

Its because they live with a world of self imposed ignorance and denial...

Old 09-28-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
You honestly cannot see HOW someone could be a threat just because they aren't in your home? Just so you know, 99% of homes will provide marginal, at best, protection against a rifle round, thus a perp could easily pepper your home with a rifle and put you in danger.

Also, it's not gun owners who are afraid of everything, they are literally the target of constant attacks from anti-gun nutcases. It is also those anti-gun nutcases who truly are afraid of an inanimate object. Then again, it's easier to ban guns, stick their heads in the sand, and proclaim "job well done," rather than truly addressing the issues which cause violent behavior. (Hint: it's not guns)
Sorry, I am not as paranoid as you. If they are not inside my home then why would I shoot them.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This is true. People in power don't like the idea of a perfectly accurate 1000 meter sniper rifle. If pure right wing radical tea party conservatives were in power, they would like it just as little as any other person in power. It's not about liberals. It's about the fact that super accuracy from very long range is impossible to defend against. How much is too much?
How's Gunlover doing these days?
It is very possible to defend against....Never go outside, hide behind armed guards and wait to be taken down by your own men and nation...

OR

Obey the Constitution and do not become a tyrant...

Their choice.

"How much is too much"..Easy it never was, is or every will be "too much" freedom, liberty or choice ever..And those that say such lies are people hell bent on ruling and subjection of the American people if not all of humanity.

Who is this Gunlover everyone keeps calling me?

Old 09-28-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I am not as paranoid as you. If they are not inside my home then why would I shoot them.
We are not paranoid.

How are we paranoid for stating a basic fact, rifle rounds can and will over penetrate a house..That is not paranoid that is a fact and your calling it name does not change it.

So if they are outside of your house shooting into it, trying to kill you, you would not defend yourself?

If they are outside of your house setting fire to it, you would not stop them with force?

Please keep going on.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:40 PM

19,826 posts, read 22,729,238 times
Quote:
Funny how some like you in our culture would throw some of us under the bus in the way of our rights and actions just to save yourselves..
I find that deliciously ironic. I'm not throwing you under the bus. You're doing a fine job of it all by yourself. The game laws, here, are made through public input. Which means, by default, they don't quite see eyeball to eyeball with you.

You don't have the 'right' to do whatever you wish, whenever you want. There is a reasonable expectation of majority rule. If you don't like our game laws- don't hunt here. It's really quite that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies