Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 02:39 AM

433 posts, read 290,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The SCOTUS has already ruled that background checks and regulations regarding possession are constitutional.

Not through the judicial branch you won't. If you want your rights restored you need to call and lobby your Congress critter to get them to change the law. Other than that, look at the individual state laws and find a new state to move to. Some states will let you own a firearm even if you are a felon, but that is a tricky area because of the federal ban. You might be stuck with muzzle loaders.
No, they have not did you bother to see the cases I posted?

More reason why the 10th Amendment kicks ass!

Old 09-28-2014, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The Supreme Court disagree with you.
Coming for the same institution that up held slavery, segregation, interment of Americans during World War 1 and 2....I am ok with standing apart from a group of tyrants in black robes.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:15 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
asking or pushing for background checks is not limiting anyones right

felons should not be allowed to have weapons...just like felons should not vote...they LOST that right

a background check (especially if we connect MENTAL HEALTH to it (again a 15 minute computer check)) is not going to take anyones rights away...but it certainly could prevent a mental case from obtaining a weapon

why wouldn't you want background checks....takes less than 15 minutes...

background checks are necessary........ or do you advocate the insane people that liberals want on the street to be able to get guns legally????

Old 09-28-2014, 06:32 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Are you saying that because Paul Allen supports background checks for gun sales that he shouldn't buy tanks to display in his military history museum?
Even with a background check he may go rogue and fire at his in-laws or neighbors if they upset him.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
asking or pushing for background checks is not limiting anyones right

felons should not be allowed to have weapons...just like felons should not vote...they LOST that right

a background check (especially if we connect MENTAL HEALTH to it (again a 15 minute computer check)) is not going to take anyones rights away...but it certainly could prevent a mental case from obtaining a weapon

why wouldn't you want background checks....takes less than 15 minutes...

background checks are necessary........ or do you advocate the insane people that liberals want on the street to be able to get guns legally????
Because they do not stop crime, they infringe upon my right to privacy, that is why, their are people in this nation that will not compromise freedom in the name of "necessity"

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. William Pitt

If they are that dangerous why are they are allowed to walk the streets?

Then again civil commitment has been abused before many times...

Old 09-28-2014, 12:33 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,746 times
Your rights? Are you a felon who couldn't nuy a gun because of your record? In that case, let me tell you this: we don't want you to have a gun as we don't trust you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
Because they do not stop crime, they infringe upon my right to privacy, that is why, their are people in this nation that will not compromise freedom in the name of "necessity"

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. William Pitt

Old 09-28-2014, 02:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:

Well if you commit a crime, you lose your right to own weapons. Sorry you don't like that, complaining about it on a forum site isn't going to change anything for you.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Your rights? Are you a felon who couldn't nuy a gun because of your record? In that case, let me tell you this: we don't want you to have a gun as we don't trust you.
For the last time, I am not a felon, I can pass on, but I value my privacy and refuse to compromise on it.

Do you understand this?

Old 09-28-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well if you commit a crime, you lose your right to own weapons. Sorry you don't like that, complaining about it on a forum site isn't going to change anything for you.
Not true in many states....Not splitting hair just stating facts..

Old 09-28-2014, 02:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
For the last time, I am not a felon, I can pass on, but I value my privacy and refuse to compromise on it.

Do you understand this?
How does a background check affect your privacy? Do you not buy anything that requires a background or credit check? It doesn't actually invade your privacy, it just checks to make sure you are not a felon. If you say you are not a felon, I don't imagine it would be hard for you to purchase a gun....how many guns do you currently own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies