Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 01:35 AM

433 posts, read 289,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no it does NOT violate the 4th amendment

you fee excuse...so I guess all items such as guns should be FREE then???

precondition....yes there are many to many of our "rights'....
a.... you must be 18( or other age)....that would be for buying a gun (minors cant enter into a contract)...voting...marriage...jury duty....driving....etc

delay....a background check takes 15 minutes in todays age
It still does, and it still violates the following rulings.

Charge a fee for the exercising of a right (Harper v Virginia Board of Elections 1966);

Require a precondition on the exercising of a right (Guinn v US 1915, Lane v Wilson 1939);

Delay the exercising of a right (Org. for a Better Austin v Keefe 1971);

You can be younger then 18 to own a firearm, you just can not buy it.

It is still a delay, you can not get around that fact.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,052,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
It still does, and it still violates the following rulings.

Charge a fee for the exercising of a right (Harper v Virginia Board of Elections 1966);

Require a precondition on the exercising of a right (Guinn v US 1915, Lane v Wilson 1939);

Delay the exercising of a right (Org. for a Better Austin v Keefe 1971);

You can be younger then 18 to own a firearm, you just can not buy it.

It is still a delay, you can not get around that fact.
So you think guns should be free and children should be able to buy a gun without any restrictions?

Old 09-29-2014, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you think guns should be free and children should be able to buy a gun without any restrictions?
Guns by default can not be free, how would the companies stay open to make them, let alone start to begin with?

If a child has the money and their parents allow it who are you or I to say other wise?

Make the case on why you or anyone else has the right to do so.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Guns by default can not be free, how would the companies stay open to make them, let alone start to begin with?

If a child has the money and their parents allow it who are you or I to say other wise?

Make the case on why you or anyone else has the right to do so.
How would you know their parent allowed it? No checks of any kind remember.

And any fee is an infringement, therefore guns have to be free or that infringes your rights.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:51 AM

Quote:
How would you know their parent allowed it? No checks of any kind remember.

And any fee is an infringement, therefore guns have to be free or that infringes your rights.
Their house their rules, I would not know, and to be honest I do not care. it is not my business and I have my life to live and improve.

Fee. A compensation paid for particular acts, services, or labor, generally those that are performed in the line of official duties or a particular profession.

The cost of a firearm is the cost of product, a good, which is not a fee but price for purchase.

The word "purchase" is used in law in contradistinction to "descent," and means any other mode of acquiring real property than by the common course of in- heritance. But it is also much used in its more restricted vernacular sense, (that of buying for a sum of money,) especially in modern law literature; and this is universally its application to the case of chattels.

Law Dictionary: What is PURCHASE? definition of PURCHASE (Black's Law Dictionary)

Old 09-29-2014, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Their house their rules, I would not know, and to be honest I do not care. it is not my business and I have my life to live and improve.

Fee. A compensation paid for particular acts, services, or labor, generally those that are performed in the line of official duties or a particular profession.

The cost of a firearm is the cost of product, a good, which is not a fee but price for purchase.

The word "purchase" is used in law in contradistinction to "descent," and means any other mode of acquiring real property than by the common course of in- heritance. But it is also much used in its more restricted vernacular sense, (that of buying for a sum of money,) especially in modern law literature; and this is universally its application to the case of chattels.

Law Dictionary: What is PURCHASE? definition of PURCHASE (Black's Law Dictionary)
Guess we have different views, I prefer to not let children and criminals and mentally ill be able to purchase guns. This means a background check is required. I really don't care that you don't like a background check because the Supreme Court agrees with me.

Oh and it is not hypocritical for one to support background checks and still enjoy historical military weaponry....just in case you forgot what your own thread was about...you have made a number of threads all about one topic, which have all been reported in case you were wondering.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:01 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,401,143 times
Quote:

so you think sales tax is wrong then, especially on weapons

BTW..sales tax ARE constitutional

tax=fee=tax

Old 09-29-2014, 02:02 AM

Quote:

tax=fee=tax
Guess that makes Oregon a constitutional state or something because we have no sales tax.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Guess we have different views, I prefer to not let children and criminals and mentally ill be able to purchase guns. This means a background check is required. I really don't care that you don't like a background check because the Supreme Court agrees with me.

Oh and it is not hypocritical for one to support background checks and still enjoy historical military weaponry....just in case you forgot what your own thread was about...you have made a number of threads all about one topic, which have all been reported in case you were wondering.
Why not children?

Is it not best to teach them as to avoid mistakes are accidents?

If those people are so dangerous why do release them so we have deal with the problems they cause and the laws you people pass to fix a problem you created?

Yeah not really the Supreme Court agrees with me via Printz v. United States. The forces of liberty win again!

Yes it is, it is also hypocritical that he thinks Citizens United should be over turned but yet throws his money around.

Why have they been reported? They are not violating TOS.

I guess just a leftist being "opened minded" and shutting down free speech as you people always do...

Old 09-29-2014, 02:17 AM

Quote:

BTW..sales tax ARE constitutional

tax=fee=tax
Well you can not tax a right Murdock vs Pennsylvania spelled that out and Poll Taxes were the same thing to voting.

So if you are OK with taxing a right on its usage then I guess you are OK with taxes the right to vote, and freedom of speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies