Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 07:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
So you are a mooch. Got it. Yep, Emeril is incompetent with all his restaurants, books, tv shows, etc.
My guess is that "incompetent" at least pays his own way, lol. C-D has gotten hilarious lately.
IF businesses, books, TV shows, etc. are somehow proof of 'competence', the Kardashians must be geniuses in your eyes, eh?

Old 09-27-2014, 07:07 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,946 times
More seriously poor logical reasoning. I had a grade teacher who used to say that you shouldn't assume. It makes the first syllable out of the second. It applies here. You assume that I don't reciprocate by taking people to somewhere that actually has good food.

You shouldn't be talking about the incompetence of other people when you make such poorly thought out forum posts.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:14 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And?

Just what the is so damaging about letting people know just what it is they're eating and just where are portion sizes being mandated?
Used to work in wholesale food sales when I was in college; it is not cheap to have portions analyzed at a lab for nutritional contents. And they're based on averages, so you have to pay multiple times to have one product analyzed.

Smaller restaurants (which tend to operate on a single digit percentage profit margin) really can't afford it. This is why the municipalities that do mandate nutritional content posting only apply it to larger chains.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:16 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Wow, another capitalist hater. Emeril's food is terrible. One thing you'll learn about incompetent people, they'd rather blame others than take ownership for their own shortcomings.

Want more cheese with your whine?
I agree with you on Emeril's food(and the rest of your post).

I would say his ridiculous prices for the food he serves is what is driving him broke...we tried his NOLA restaurant...reservations and blah,blah,blah...personally I would rather have red beans and rice from a box of Zatarain's as have his and the phony,plastic people that were in there made it that much worse...go to Deanie's seafood and flip Emeril off as you drive by....legend in his own mind like so many "celebrity chefs".

Old 09-27-2014, 07:20 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Used to work in wholesale food sales when I was in college; it is not cheap to have portions analyzed at a lab for nutritional contents. And they're based on averages, so you have to pay multiple times to have one product analyzed.

Smaller restaurants (which tend to operate on a single digit percentage profit margin) really can't afford it. This is why the municipalities that do mandate nutritional content posting only apply it to larger chains.
I'll note your mention of this being the work of municipalities, there are apparently some here who have great difficulty understanding the difference between a town and a POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies