Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 05:07 AM

1,259 posts, read 828,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
That was due to failing government run schools, busing, immigration both legal or other wise..

'failing government run schools' lol

Old 09-28-2014, 05:17 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
The biggest problem in the US is 24 hour news networks starved for material, as well as their need to grow more and more sensational to compete with youtube and the Internet.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:20 AM

1,259 posts, read 828,746 times
No, the networks simply show whatever brings people to the tv set. The real problem is that we have an uneducated and ignorant population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
The biggest problem in the US is 24 hour news networks starved for material, as well as their need to grow more and more sensational to compete with youtube and the Internet.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:34 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I am middle class and white, and the government extorts the majority of my money. how am I being helped? it's not a conservative perception that illegals are destroying america, it's simply a fact that illegals are contributing greatly to it. it's actually politicians and liberal policies that are destroying the country. it's also the liberal mindset that is dividing the country.
This is conservative fantasy stream, where in they believe that a government dominated by mostly rich, upper income, and middle class white people doesn't mostly serve the needs of those people.

Even given American history that for most of this nation's history the only people the government helped were those white people. I can't help with your delusions, and I can't name your life.

It is a conservative perception that illegals are destroying America. It is not a fact.

Exactly it's the government and liberal policies that help black people, single moms, poor people, and illegals.

Because conservatives perceive those groups of people as a threat who are destroying the nation and being enabled to do so by liberal policies.

Again it is the same critique repeated over and over again.

No what divides this nation is race, gender, class, sexuality, etc and the conservative perception that those groups of people are a threat to America are destroying America by being enabled by liberal policies and government help.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:39 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is conservative fantasy stream, where in they believe that a government dominated by mostly rich, upper income, and middle class white people doesn't mostly serve the needs of those people.

Even given American history that for most of this nation's history the only people the government helped were those white people. I can't help with your delusions, and I can't name your life.

It is a conservative perception that illegals are destroying America. It is not a fact.

Exactly it's the government and liberal policies that help black people, single moms, poor people, and illegals.

Because conservatives perceive those groups of people as a threat who are destroying the nation and being enabled to do so by liberal policies.

Again it is the same critique repeated over and over again.

No what divides this nation is race, gender, class, sexuality, etc and the conservative perception that those groups of people are a threat to America are destroying America by being enabled by liberal policies and government help.
good god your comments are hard to read. let me explain to you how illegals are bad for this country. in this country, we export jobs, and import illegal labor. when that happens, you have a shortage of jobs. when you have 50 people to do 1 job, wages go down. when wages go down, it's bad for the country. how does government and liberal policies help black people. you've never answered that question. I feel the help the government gives to me on a daily basis. each time I see the rape victim that is my paycheck, I feel blessed.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:40 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer1947 View Post
When I was a young boy, every family owned a home, people got married, had kids and could afford them.

Now, every community innthis country seems to have a "ghetto" area, race relations are a mess and nobody has amy idea how to make things better. There are so many women having kids out of wedlock its mind boggling. And those fathers, more often than not, don't ever marry the woman they had a child with.

Moreover, what happened to morality? The crimes I read about and the senselessness of them go beyond words. We use to play stick ball in the street. The worst we did was open up old fire hydrants on a hot day in the summer. Now, the crimes are horrific. Teen girls murdering other teens in cold blood because they didn't want be friends anymore.

It's truly sickening. Its amazing how I have seen things get worse over the decades. Where do we go from here? Is our country seeing the sunset on our best days? Or will we be able to rally around eachother and go back to the way things use to be.

Nobody wants to work anymore. These government handouts have done so much to cripple our society. And whats worse is, its like "give a dog a bone," in that, since they have been given so much, I fear we will never be able to force people to work again because they are use to getting things for free.

I don't want to get Political, but this is a major source of resentment that exists acorss the working/non working citizens.

So now what do we do?
There's not a lot we can do. This is what happens when leftists are in charge. The same thing is happening in Europe where liberals are in charge there too - restrictions on freedom of speech, structurally high unemployment with a permanent underclass of people who don't work, multiculturalism gone amok creating racial tension, etc.

We just have to hope that eventually things will get bad enough that there will be a conservative resurgence.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:41 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
No, the networks simply show whatever brings people to the tv set. The real problem is that we have an uneducated and ignorant population.
I don't think it's as bad as it used to be, to be honest.

I mean, sure the media isn't exactly the greatest, but without it, people just lived in isolated little bubbles and believed whatever they were told or whatever they wanted to believe.

I'm regularly blown away by how easy it is for kids to find information online... information that would have changed my life if I wasn't almost totally reliant on my small-town library and the slow drip of the education system when I was their age.

They have the ability to make their own near-pro-quality music and films as well... and they're good. You also have 18 year olds making entrepreneurial fortunes after reading up on coding in their free time... in the past those kids could have existed in cultural vacuums while their intellects withered.

I think that the current culture has a perverse fascination with stupidity and antagonism, but I'm pretty sure it was much much worse when people had to hide who they were and were encouraged to fit in with the other morons, all while pretending everything was wonderful with the media refusing to tell them anything besides that.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
good god your comments are hard to read. let me explain to you how illegals are bad for this country. in this country, we export jobs, and import illegal labor. when that happens, you have a shortage of jobs. when you have 50 people to do 1 job, wages go down. when wages go down, it's bad for the country. how does government and liberal policies help black people. you've never answered that question. I feel the help the government gives to me on a daily basis. each time I see the rape victim that is my paycheck, I feel blessed.
I don't know why conservatives think their irrational illegals are bad rants don't prove my point, but ok.

Your understanding of the economy is extremely clouded.

How about this what does more people bring?

That's more people that have to eat, buy clothes, buy tv's, buy car, buy everything, you have to build more housing, etc and so on.

I'd say read up on factual objective information about reality, but you are a conservative.

Again the perception from conservatives that everything is bad because the government is helping black people.

conservatives are angry because they perceive the government is helping black people, because they view black people as a threat to the nation, who because of liberal policies are being allowed to destroy the nation.

The reality is the government mostly exists to benefit older Americans, rich people and huge corporations, and upper income and middle class white people.

For the last time, I can't name your life or your paycheck. So your question is irrelevant.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:59 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I don't know why conservatives think their irrational illegals are bad rants don't prove my point, but ok.

Your understanding of the economy is extremely clouded.

How about this what does more people bring?

That's more people that have to eat, buy clothes, buy tv's, buy car, buy everything, you have to build more housing, etc and so on.

I'd say read up on factual objective information about reality, but you are a conservative.

Again the perception from conservatives that everything is bad because the government is helping black people.

conservatives are angry because they perceive the government is helping black people, because they view black people as a threat to the nation, who because of liberal policies are being allowed to destroy the nation.

The reality is the government mostly exists to benefit older Americans, rich people and huge corporations, and upper income and middle class white people.

For the last time, I can't name your life or your paycheck. So your question is irrelevant.
I don't view the government as helping black people. I view the government as stealing from all people. your understanding of logic is extremely clouded. are you opinions inscripted on the walls of the cubicle you're living in?

Old 09-28-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I don't view the government as helping black people. I view the government as stealing from all people. your understanding of logic is extremely clouded. are you opinions inscripted on the walls of the cubicle you're living in?
Sure you don't.

The conservative critique of government and American society is very clear.

What upsets conservatives is what thy perceive the government to be doing for black people, poor people, single moms, and illegals.

They perceive that these groups are a threat to the nation who if not controlled will destroy the nation.

This is the conservative critique. You have repeated parts of it, just like most conservatives do.

And then you fall into personal insults.

Well this discussion is no longer necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies