Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 06:59 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,971 times

Advertisements

ask Obama. Oh never mind...he will will blame George Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer1947 View Post
When I was a young boy, every family owned a home, people got married, had kids and could afford them.

Now, every community innthis country seems to have a "ghetto" area, race relations are a mess and nobody has amy idea how to make things better. There are so many women having kids out of wedlock its mind boggling. And those fathers, more often than not, don't ever marry the woman they had a child with.

Moreover, what happened to morality? The crimes I read about and the senselessness of them go beyond words. We use to play stick ball in the street. The worst we did was open up old fire hydrants on a hot day in the summer. Now, the crimes are horrific. Teen girls murdering other teens in cold blood because they didn't want be friends anymore.

It's truly sickening. Its amazing how I have seen things get worse over the decades. Where do we go from here? Is our country seeing the sunset on our best days? Or will we be able to rally around eachother and go back to the way things use to be.

Nobody wants to work anymore. These government handouts have done so much to cripple our society. And whats worse is, its like "give a dog a bone," in that, since they have been given so much, I fear we will never be able to force people to work again because they are use to getting things for free.

I don't want to get Political, but this is a major source of resentment that exists acorss the working/non working citizens.

So now what do we do?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:00 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer1947 View Post
When I was a young boy, every family owned a home, people got married, had kids and could afford them.

Now, every community innthis country seems to have a "ghetto" area, race relations are a mess and nobody has amy idea how to make things better. There are so many women having kids out of wedlock its mind boggling. And those fathers, more often than not, don't ever marry the woman they had a child with.

Moreover, what happened to morality? The crimes I read about and the senselessness of them go beyond words. We use to play stick ball in the street. The worst we did was open up old fire hydrants on a hot day in the summer. Now, the crimes are horrific. Teen girls murdering other teens in cold blood because they didn't want be friends anymore.

It's truly sickening. Its amazing how I have seen things get worse over the decades. Where do we go from here? Is our country seeing the sunset on our best days? Or will we be able to rally around eachother and go back to the way things use to be.

Nobody wants to work anymore. These government handouts have done so much to cripple our society. And whats worse is, its like "give a dog a bone," in that, since they have been given so much, I fear we will never be able to force people to work again because they are use to getting things for free.

I don't want to get Political, but this is a major source of resentment that exists acorss the working/non working citizens.

So now what do we do?
The root problem is that America has forgotten God, turned its back on God and is in the active role of denouncing and rejecting God and His laws. The result is divine judgement. The Bible states that judgment will be commensurate with the sin.
In the case of America, our nation chose to deny God and rely upon the Almighty Dollar and its world class military. Today, as we all know, the dollar teeters on the verge of collapse. The last financial debacle is not far behind us and the next one is predicted almost momentarily. The US military, once vaunted as the best in history, has been bogged down in futile pointless wars which have so degraded its combat readiness that many fear we can no longer field a conventional force capable of attaining anything resembling a military goal.
As for the ghetto issue, it is mostly true. The problem began when LBJ attempted to create "The Great Society", but failed when the government didn't restrict and regulate the benefits properly. As a result the dregs of society, white as well as black, have risen on the backs of public hand-outs to threaten the very communities where we live. Again, a judgment of God.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

It gets worse. Today the fiber of the family itself is threatened. Marriage, personal defense, and liberty in every form is being eroded. The United States today is a fascist police state and we are proud of it.
What do you expect, sir?

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 09-28-2014, 07:00 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I discussed a screen name? what conservative policy is based on racism and sexism? are you disappointed that you haven't succeeded in life financially? sounds like it to me.
She's back again with her usual rants and hatred of conservatives based on the unwarranted race card, etc.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:01 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
The economic downfall began when production started to be offshored in the early 1980's. It has steadily accelerated since that time.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:06 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why? Ask the first question?

Then a point about a screen name.

As far as your what conservative policy is based on racism, the conservative critique of American society and criticism of government is based on their racist and sexist beliefs.

Again the conservative critique of government is that it is helping the wrong groups of people namely single moms, black people, poor people, and illegals.

conservatives view these groups as a threat to the nation and view liberal and government police as enabling these groups to destroy America. conservatives want the government to control these groups of people and or ignore them.

This is the grand conservative critique of government.

As such the policies that conservatives pursue work to ensure that fewer members of those groups are served by the government.
you don't like answering questions do you. since you refuse to, I'll simply destroy your lack of logic. are you sure that's a "conservative critique" or is it simply your critique of conservatism. if this is the conservative stance, I ask you for a link. I won't hold my breath on your providing one though.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:07 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote: "What upsets conservatives is what thy perceive the government to be doing for black people, poor people, single moms, and illegals".

A load of crap without looking at the real picture.

Conservatives don't mind helping the truly needy. It's the moochers that they object to. Our government isn't doing anything for illegals? Is someone living in a cave that they don't know that they are? Illegals have no place in our society. Their presence here is unlawful but apparently the person who made the above post doesn't give a damn. Conservatives are supposed to embrace these lawbreakers anyway.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:11 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot View Post
I'm going to assume, based on your username, that you were born in 1947 and was a child between 1947 and 1965. If this is incorrect, please feel free to let me know.

Anyway, demographically speaking, that's nostalgia-driven horses**t. What, rent didn't exist? Everybody could afford their kids? We're talking about real life, not a scene from Pleasantville.

Again, I'm basing this on idea that you were a child between 47 and 65, but that all existed back then too. Race relations were mind-blowing garbage back then, with all the riots and lynchings and boycotts and marches. Black people drank from different water fountains than white people, because of race cooties or something. It was ridiculous.

All that existed back then, and in spades. The murder rate of 1950 is basically the same as the murder rate in 2012 (according to the FBI). In fact, the murder rate has decreased consistently between 1991 and today. Statistically speaking, while you were playing stick ball with your friends in the street, somebody in the United States was probably getting beaten to death with a baseb and t is taking it's tollall bat for some dumb reason. You just didn't hear about it, or didn't live in the "ghetto" that you think didn't exist.

We figure out that life has always and will always suck in some ways, and work to make those things suck just a bit less.
If you did not grow up during that era, then you have no clue. You only know what happened during the era you grew up. Things were different when I grew up(late 50's thru the 60's) You very rarely if ever saw school shootings, people going nuts and shooting up theaters. Something has changed with the moral fabric of America, and I am not sure I like it. I knew as a kid if I did something wrong, I would suffer the wrath of my father, and knowing this kept me in line. I believe there is too much of permissive parenting, kids aren't learning right from wrong. Too many kids without fathers to discipline them, show them right from wrong. I think 50 yrs. of the welfare system has created a lot of this, allowing mothers to have as many kids as possible and get paid to do so, and not a father in sight.
What has changed so much we have to keep our schools locked up, in my day, school doors were left unlocked, we didn't seem to have all of these crazies running around. Why are there so many crazy people on the loose? I think a lot of it stems from the drug culture of the late sixties, this seems to be when all of this garbage started taking shape.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:14 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
To the best of my knowledge prayer and bible were not in public schools during the school years of the baby boom, no?

I cannot imagine which prayers, which version of the bible and what about those who don't believe in Christ?
Yes it was, the teacher read a verse from the bible every morning and we also said the pledge of allegiants.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:16 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you don't like answering questions do you. since you refuse to, I'll simply destroy your lack of logic. are you sure that's a "conservative critique" or is it simply your critique of conservatism. if this is the conservative stance, I ask you for a link. I won't hold my breath on your providing one though.
If I don't answer a question it's because I deem the question irrelevant either to the point I'm making or the overall discussion. Now what we're the questions you asked?

It is the conservatives critique. I have listened to and read a lot of conservatives and the consistent dominating theme is anger at government spending on what conservatives perceive to be undeserving groups of Americans. And the view that these groups are actually threats to the nation who are being enabled by liberal polices to carry out this nation's destruction.

This critique has not changed in the over 20yrs I have paid attention to conservatives.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Bath School bombing: Remembering the deadliest school massacre in American history.

This happened in 1927.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies