Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 01:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I'm not a lawyer and I hate reading these Statutes, but it appears that the State Law passed in 2005 (long before Scott Walker was Governor) mandates that 'minimum wage' can't be set by a city/village/county - it's all done at the State Level with a bunch of exceptions and definitions. One thing is clear - any complaints go to the Division of Labor and involve a complaint against a specific employer. This essentially means that all these folks complaining to Walker to give them a raise, will need to start bringing charges of Labor Mal-Practice under the Laws in Wisconsin. A board will be convened for each case and testimony will be presented - charges will be filed if necessary.

I wonder how that will work out for them? Sue your boss, take him before a State Labor Board to protest your wages. What could possibly go wrong?

The Governor of Wisconsin does not have the authority to unilaterally raise the Minimum Wage or any wage, nor is he the head of the Labor Commission which is where all complaints must be filed ..... I'm betting that Walker understands that he is not the King of Wisconsin, even though a certain segment of the population just doesn't "get it" .... probably the same segment that thinks Obama is King of the USA since he claims to have the authority to unilaterally raise the Minimum Wage.

Scott Walker must scare them to death - it's one goofy thing after another and it's been non-stop. They have zero clue about their Government (or the US Government for that matter) - they are willing low information sheeple, that are led by corrupt Unions. The Unions must be in more trouble than many recognize - they appear desperate for higher dues and new suckers.
Yeah I just read about it. A Republican legislature crafted a bill and a Dem Governor signed it into law.
They shot themselves in the foot with that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 01:37 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

How would you know what McDonald's budget is?

Just about every literate American knows what McDonald's budget ia:

Why McDonald's Employee Budget Has Everyone Up In Arms - Forbes

Old 09-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Governor of Wisconsin does not have the authority to unilaterally raise the Minimum Wage or any wage, nor is he the head of the Labor Commission which is where all complaints must be filed ..... I'm betting that Walker understands that he is not the King of Wisconsin, even though a certain segment of the population just doesn't "get it" .... probably the same segment that thinks Obama is King of the USA since he claims to have the authority to unilaterally raise the Minimum Wage.

Scott Walker must scare them to death - it's one goofy thing after another and it's been non-stop. They have zero clue about their Government (or the US Government for that matter) - they are willing low information sheeple, that are led by corrupt Unions. The Unions must be in more trouble than many recognize - they appear desperate for higher dues and new suckers.
No where in this article did it claim people thought Walker was king or that he had the power to raise the minimum wage himself.

Any chance to take a dig at those you disagree with i guess.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Because no intelligent person would work for MW thinking its enough.

: smack::s mack::sm ack::sma ck:

Dude, people are expected to mitigate the suck in their lives.

In other words, people generally do not work for MW thinking it is enough, but it is better than nothing, and they are expected to take what they can get, even if it is not enough.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
: smack::s mack::sm ack::sma ck:

Dude, people are expected to mitigate the suck in their lives.

In other words, people generally do not work for MW thinking it is enough, but it is better than nothing, and they are expected to take what they can get, even if it is not enough.
Uh, you go where the jobs are.

Some people will whine there are no jobs where 600 miles to the west they can't get enough workers.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Uh, you go where the jobs are.

Some people will whine there are no jobs where 600 miles to the west they can't get enough workers.

And you think they will become magically better off moving to where there are more MW jobs?

Old 09-28-2014, 01:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Just about every literate American knows what McDonald's budget ia:

Why McDonald's Employee Budget Has Everyone Up In Arms - Forbes
Well, I'm sorry, I'm highly literate and I don't know, nor do I care to know, what McDonald's "employee" budget is (anyway, you said "budget," not "employee budget").

And, just what difference does it make? Do you, or do you intend to work at McDonald's?

Old 09-28-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I want a reduction in government regulation sufficient to enable me to live on what I earn.
But you have to be willing to work hard enough to earn what you need to live on.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
In this very post, you didnt actually show how they are a bad source, simply that you ideologically disagree with them.

That is not a valid argument.
I have been to the site enough times to know it is full of Left Wing propaganda. Period. And that's why it is a bad source.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, I'm sorry, I'm highly literate and I don't know, nor do I care to know, what McDonald's "employee" budget is (anyway, you said "budget," not "employee budget").

And, just what difference does it make? Do you, or do you intend to work at McDonald's?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...ald%27s+budget

The first 10 hits for 'mcdonald's budget' take you right to their employee budget. Did you think I was talking about a store budget?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies