Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 09:49 PM

30,247 posts, read 23,716,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Interesting article in Science Daily entitled, "If trees could talk: Forest research network reveals global change effects".

Just more overwhelming evidence of human impact on the environment for those whose mind is not clouded by political ideology.

If trees could talk: Forest research network reveals global change effects -- ScienceDaily
What the alarmists say...and what they fail to include, explained for you by scientists who can't be bought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35pasCr6KI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 09:56 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,965,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
e.

The rate at which the climate is changing CANNOT be attributed to natural warming alone, as every source of natural warming has been ruled out in this instance. Since there has been no cooling for the past 100+ years, only periods where warming has slowed, the only possible explanation is AGW.
Prove it.

List EVERY non-human influence on climate - both global and local.

Provide all the evidence that shows that none have had any influence.

Prove the lag or lead time for each of these influences.

Or, admit the whole thing is a lie.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Awwww...You seem to be losing it.....Did I hurt your feelings?
Notice that your "scientific" argument is actually just personal insults.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Don't generalize or lump people into groups they likely don't actually belong.
How about, "don't lump people into groups. People are not groups, except by voluntary action."

Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
I am pretty sure I recently mentioned in another post, that I have no problem with REASONABLE sustainability, I am not against using resources efficiently, just as long as it isn't an excuse to bring in a carbon tax.
Everything they say and argue is nothing but an excuse.

Note, all the same people who claim that high taxes have no economic influence are the same ones who argue that raising taxes will change consumption.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:17 PM

30,247 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Here, OP, let's listen to some other scientists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap6YfQx9I64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPIvH49X-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deNbnxaJYOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN_oynx1D8w

I challenge you to actually sit down and watch them, not skip through them because they didn't hop on the bandwagon, but to actually listen to what these scientists are saying. If you TRULY are part of the "on a white horse crowd here to save the planet", then you should be interested in stats and experience from ALL scientists, despite if they believe in human made global warming or not.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:09 PM

33,520 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Here, OP, let's listen to some other scientists:

I challenge you to actually sit down and watch them, not skip through them because they didn't hop on the bandwagon, but to actually listen to what these scientists are saying. If you TRULY are part of the "on a white horse crowd here to save the planet", then you should be interested in stats and experience from ALL scientists, despite if they believe in human made global warming or not.
All bought and paid for by big oil.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:14 AM

1,245 posts, read 922,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
All bought and paid for by big oil.
Yes, everyone here that is dissenting against the mainstream ideology, is paid bought and paid by big oil too /sarcasm
Your excuses to dismiss dishonest global warming, and climate change data is out of this world.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:38 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,370,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Ok? She seems to actually agree with the AGW? If your point was that climate scientists exaggerate a bit then I'd agree. However, like she says, the science behind our impact on the climate is sound.

Geeze had to go back to.1998 to find that one huh? Are you searching.for these are they compiled?

This article starts off incorrect, we are currently undergoing a major extinction event on the biodiversity. So gonna pass on that one.

Read the interview, where is that quote? What's the issue here? Over representation of factual presentations?
So every one of these quotes shows a consistent pattern of alarmism, even the first one which you say agrees with AGW, she says the science is uncertain and very much exaggerated! That doesn't give you any pause? I happen to agree with AGW also. The uncertainty is the amount of man's influence and the amount of actual, (non-exaggerated), danger. The problem is throwing BILLIONS of dollars YEARLY on more research that only reaches the same (alarmist) conclusions time and time again. My contention (once again, trying to steer back to the OP) is that if were to take the alarmism and the warnings that we are running out of time to act at face value, studying trees or more ice core samples is a LUXURY we don't have. I honestly wonder how people who believe in the alarmism tolerate this. I'd be demanding nothing but solutions and efforts at mitigating the damage, not more studies that point to man's involvement in the problem.

Of course the dirty little secret is that the alarmism has been exaggerated to steer political will. There is also a lot more money in fear mongering than there is in finding actual solutions to the supposed problem. A lot of the power, money and influence dries up with the alarmism and the fear mongering and I don't think the people who enjoy that power, money and influence are too eager to see that happen!

The point is though, you accused these of being taken out of context or "quote mined". They were not.
I won't hold my breath for an apology. Your side loves to "debate" in this manner. False accusations and insults.
Then you have the gall to ridicule someone else about whether or not they attended college. Do they teach these sorts of logical fallacies in college debate 101 wherever you attended?

Last edited by voiceofreazon; 10-01-2014 at 06:50 AM..

Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Yes, everyone here that is dissenting against the mainstream ideology, is paid bought and paid by big oil too /sarcasm
LOL... such delusions of grandeur.
Nobody would confuse you for anyone who matters, don't worry.

I'm pretty sure the general consensus about the 'dissenters' among the AGWers is that they're just too stubborn about what they believe to know what they're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies