Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 10:26 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Should the only emergency medical clinic in a community (think rural community - only clinic for 100 miles) be able to have a "no blacks" or "no gays" or "no Jews" policy?
What I think "should" be is not my right to enforce upon another with force or aggression. And I think that such an idiotic policy would put them right out of business when a smart business competed with them.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:27 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
I'm not crazy about islam but this guy is just asking for legal trouble. It's illegal to discriminate against people based on religion which, at the current time, still includes islam.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:29 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Ever hear the phrase "no man is an island"?

And an ambulance service could be a privately owned contracted service in competition with another privately owned provider but providing dual coverage due to demand and the first ambulance says nope: I don't like the smell of your aftershave so you can wait for the other guy's ambulance.

C'mon here' you do not seriously believe your 'private business' entity gives you autonomy from the normal constraints of legal behaviour while at the same time subjecting you to those issues of licensing, zone compliance, safety provisions and taxation based upon the public's right to fair, safe and legal treatment? Or, do you indeed?
I believe a private business is just that, a private business. Unless that business initiates force upon another it is none of the government's or anyone else's businesses how it operates.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:31 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when this doofus gets a call from one of these orgs.:

Honoring Muslim American Veterans on Memorial Day*|*Craig Considine

Home

Old 09-30-2014, 10:32 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times
If someone is really THAT hellbent on not having Muslims in a gun range, do they just briefly ignore the fact that they're in a GUN RANGE, surrounded by other people with loaded guns?

If someone tries to do something, there's like 5 or more people there to stop them.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:32 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Actually the two largest Muslim American groups have spoken out against ISIS terrorism and called for the imams to speak out against this terrorism.

ISNA Denounces ISIS Attacks on Iraq's Religious Minorities - ISNA
CAIR Condemns ISIS Violence and Rejects Calls*to Join*Extremists*Fighting Abroad - CAIR
Well they better get themselves on MSNBC and FOXNEWS and CNN more often.

General release on a WEBSITE is not actually doing anything.

Because I dont know about you but most americans are not going to ISNA.com for their muslim updates.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:33 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I know you cannot be THIS dense...I have faith in you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Perhaps misplaced.
2 peas in a dense pod...

Old 09-30-2014, 10:41 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I believe a private business is just that, a private business. Unless that business initiates force upon another it is none of the government's or anyone else's businesses how it operates.
Your concept of a private business is only pertinent and applicable if doing business privately, as within a restricted membership of like minded people. It does not however apply to you making a profit from engaging the general public who deserve and have the right to be indemnified from your illegal behaviour.

Your type of description would have you being granted the unrestrained ability to sell your customers hand grenades by telling them they're actually little metal pineapples with just the pulling of the little cotter pin standing between them and the best pineapple juice they've ever tasted.

You, nor was anyone else on here, born during a time of unrestrained business practices, so you should just stop the nonsense of thinking you've got that right today. You don't, nor did at least four generations prior to you, for very good reasons.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:41 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
[LEFT][SIZE=3]The Arkansas Civil Rights Act of 1993 states in part:[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=3](a) The right of an otherwise qualified person to be free from discrimination because of race, religion, ancestry or national origin, gender, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability is recognized as and declared to be a civil right. This right shall include, but not be limited to:[/SIZE][/LEFT]
  1. [LEFT][SIZE=3] The right to obtain and hold employment without discrimination;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
  2. [LEFT][SIZE=3]The right to the full enjoyment of any of the accommodations, advantages, facilities, or privileges or any place of public resort, accommodation, assemblage, or amusement;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
  3. [LEFT][SIZE=3]The right to engage in property transactions without discrimination;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
  4. [LEFT][SIZE=3]The right to engage in credit and other contractual transactions without discrimination; and[/SIZE][/LEFT]
  5. [LEFT][SIZE=3]The right to vote and participate fully in the political process.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=3](b) Any person who is injured by an intentional act of discrimination in violation of subdivisions (a)(2)–(5) of this section shall have a civil action in a court of competent jurisdiction to enjoin further violations, to recover compensatory and punitive damages, and, in the discretion of the court, to recover the cost of litigation and reasonable attorneys’ fees. . . . The opportunity to obtain housing and other real estate without discrimination because of religion, race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or familial status, as prohibited by this chapter, is recognized and declared to be a civil right. . [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]See provision a2.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
Did you read this part..... "any place of public resort"

Old 09-30-2014, 10:43 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,854,371 times
Couldn't the range owner at least let the Muslims participate in a small way.........like being target holders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies