Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 02:20 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She's operating a business without a business license?
I do not have a business license.

I have a business in Michigan.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:28 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I do not have a business license.

I have a business in Michigan.
Well, I don't know what kind of business you have.

But I would think a gun range, given the service that it provides, and the amount of insurance that would have to be in place, would have a business license, and a variety of permits. All of which compromise an extensive contract with the state and local authorities to follow the rules the state and authorities have put in place for businesses to follow. Fail to follow those rules, and a business owner risks losing the right to operate that business.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't know what kind of business you have.

But I would think a gun range, given the service that it provides, and the amount of insurance that would have to be in place, would have a business license, and a variety of permits. All of which compromise an extensive contract with the state and local authorities to follow the rules the state and authorities have put in place for businesses to follow. Fail to follow those rules, and a business owner risks losing the right to operate that business.
I drill water wells.

I have a drilling license and a DBA........not a license to do business.

My husband has a license to sell guns......but, does not have a store or, sell to the public.

But, we have to keep records of the guns we buy and what we do with them.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:44 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
It should be his right to do so as a private business owner.

That said, I think the idea is stupid.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:41 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I drill water wells.

I have a drilling license and a DBA........not a license to do business.

My husband has a license to sell guns......but, does not have a store or, sell to the public.

But, we have to keep records of the guns we buy and what we do with them.
A drilling license is a license to drill, and since drilling is your business, it's a business license. I appreciate that you are being a stickler here, but the license to drill is a contract between you and the state. With obligations on both sides.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:07 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,073 times
Quote:
A drilling license is a license to drill, and since drilling is your business, it's a business license. I appreciate that you are being a stickler here, but the license to drill is a contract between you and the state. With obligations on both sides.
Dude, licensing is a form of protectionism on the behalf of established members of profession X; nothing more.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is also the illegal thing to do, one cannot discriminate due to either race or religion, either one follows the law or the law will teach them how it works the hard way.
She claims it's not about religion: She certainly has a point.

The Arkansas gun range owner reportedly addressed the issue of religious discrimination this way in reason number eight to create a Muslim free zone, “I view Islam as a theocracy, not a religion. Islam is the union of political, legal, and religious ideologies. In other words, law, religion and state are forged together to form what Muslims refer to as ‘The Nation of Islam.’ It is given the sovereign qualities of a nation with clerics in the governing body and Sharia law all in one. This is a Theocracy, not a religion. The U.S. Constitution does not protect a theocracy.”

Read more at ‘Muslim Free Zone’ Declared By Gun Range Owner Jan Morgan

With ISIS demanding the killing of people in our country, what a fine place to start on a gun range. Guns that could be rented to kill how many soldiers who would attend a gun range, along with other civilians......her business, her rules!

Old 10-03-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
You are not correct.

The state of Michigan is VERY plain the they will not get involved in any business disputes between a driller and a customer.

They only regulate what is drilling code.

If your water is dirty.......they will get involved.

If you do not like your bill......or, if you feel something should be under warranty.....you are on your on.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
She claims it's not about religion: She certainly has a point.

The Arkansas gun range owner reportedly addressed the issue of religious discrimination this way in reason number eight to create a Muslim free zone, “I view Islam as a theocracy, not a religion. Islam is the union of political, legal, and religious ideologies. In other words, law, religion and state are forged together to form what Muslims refer to as ‘The Nation of Islam.’ It is given the sovereign qualities of a nation with clerics in the governing body and Sharia law all in one. This is a Theocracy, not a religion. The U.S. Constitution does not protect a theocracy.”

Read more at ‘Muslim Free Zone’ Declared By Gun Range Owner Jan Morgan

With ISIS demanding the killing of people in our country, what a fine place to start on a gun range. Guns that could be rented to kill how many soldiers who would attend a gun range, along with other civilians......her business, her rules!
It is a religion no matter how she defines it, the law has a different definition.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:26 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
This is just ridiculous. When was the last time anyone on this thread was at a shooting range next to someone in "muslim garb"?
Great publicity for this place though.
Might be fun to buy a burqa, wear it, go to a gun range and see what reaction it gets. A [male] friend of mine bought a burqa from Kuwait and wore it to a drag party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies