Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 08:11 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,670,918 times

Advertisements

I have seen this subject many times and this is the reality.

The world we live in LONG BEFORE GUNS were invented is cruel. People are animals and when they are having a a BAD day your life and your family can be ended when BAD people turn to violence.

LONG ago men would ride into towns, farms, and use swords to kill innocent people, loot, rape, murder.
Long ago men figured out that in those cases they needed to defend themselves some men, trained with the sword to defend themselves. They took HONOR and strength in numbers to defend their lives.

That was then.

What is the difference now is instead of SWORDS we have GUNS.

I have guns for 2 reasons.

I believe BAD guys and come in 2 forms just as HISTORY HAS SHOWN THIS IS FACT!

1. your local theif, rapist and murder
2. your government

Now while many liberals think rainbows and unicorns will appear and all the number 1 and number 2 BAD guys will just love each other I like to live in reality.

So I have guns for different reasons and I SAY guns because different guns can do different things depends on WHO and or WHAT situation I find myself and my family.

So when GUN owners say the think there is a WAR on them it is because when people are looking to DISARM your ability to DEFEND your life that is a WAR!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 08:19 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,048,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I have seen this subject many times and this is the reality.

The world we live in LONG BEFORE GUNS were invented is cruel. People are animals and when they are having a a BAD day your life and your family can be ended when BAD people turn to violence.

LONG ago men would ride into towns, farms, and use swords to kill innocent people, loot, rape, murder.
Long ago men figured out that in those cases they needed to defend themselves some men, trained with the sword to defend themselves. They took HONOR and strength in numbers to defend their lives.

That was then.

What is the difference now is instead of SWORDS we have GUNS.

I have guns for 2 reasons.

I believe BAD guys and come in 2 forms just as HISTORY HAS SHOWN THIS IS FACT!

1. your local theif, rapist and murder
2. your government

Now while many liberals think rainbows and unicorns will appear and all the number 1 and number 2 BAD guys will just love each other I like to live in reality.

So I have guns for different reasons and I SAY guns because different guns can do different things depends on WHO and or WHAT situation I find myself and my family.

So when GUN owners say the think there is a WAR on them it is because when people are looking to DISARM your ability to DEFEND your life that is a WAR!!
I have guns because I like the taste of rabbit,elk,antelope,deer,squirrel etc etc and you can't buy it at the grocery store and I like dusting off a coyote at great distances as a challenge and to keep them off of our/and our neighbors young stock...the rest is secondary.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The woman shared her story on social media:

Link: Stalking victim exercises Second Amendment rights on tormentor « Hot Air

How many times does this play out in America? Probably hundreds if not thousands; you just never hear about it in the mainstream media.

The bigger point here is that guns really are an equalizer for law-abiding folks, especially women, who might not be able to protect themselves without a gun. I think the right to own and carry a weapon to protect yourself really is a civil rights issue. Certainly it is much wiser than depending on the police to arrive in time to save you. Why is it that the left continues to wage war on guns and women?
Who is taking away a woman's 2nd A rights? Please post the Laws and Bills that do so.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:50 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Tee-hee. OK Keyboard warrior tell us how badass you are. When rounds are flying downrange there are very few people who'll standup... very very few. What was the magazine capacity for the Asian kid who smoked all those students at VT? How many times did he reload? He had mostly 10 round magazines (and some 15 round magazines). Everyone that tells me (a US Marine machinegunner) what they would do when bullets start flying needs to get shot at a few times. Just so you can feel what its like and you can quit insulting the rest of us with your delusions of granduer.

Good grief life ain't a movie you sound like some of the complete whack jobs who inhabit 2A boards on the internet. Toughest people they've ever met.
You seem to be talking to yourself there since what you posted had nothing to do with what they posted. I love it when Cons make blanket claims like; Libs are trying to take away their 2nd A rights or that Libs are pacifists yet you have several Libs on this thread that are gun owners and served in the military and some of us in actual combat. When you assume and make statements based on those assumptions it is only you that comes away looking ignorant and combative. Try taking a break from right-wing central for a while and you might start seeing the world and those in it for what and who they are and not what others tell you it all is.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:41 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,792,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You seem to be talking to yourself there since what you posted had nothing to do with what they posted. I love it when Cons make blanket claims like; Libs are trying to take away their 2nd A rights or that Libs are pacifists yet you have several Libs on this thread that are gun owners and served in the military and some of us in actual combat. When you assume and make statements based on those assumptions it is only you that comes away looking ignorant and combative. Try taking a break from right-wing central for a while and you might start seeing the world and those in it for what and who they are and not what others tell you it all is.
Most anti gun people are liberals, not every liberal is anti gun.

Making a point that 1 out of 100 is an exception to a rule is a very poor argument, I
it skirts the real point.

Serving in the military doesn't mean you are pro/anti gun or know what you are talking about.
Being in combat doesn't mean you know what you are talking about either.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:46 PM

433 posts, read 289,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The woman shared her story on social media:

Link: Stalking victim exercises Second Amendment rights on tormentor « Hot Air

How many times does this play out in America? Probably hundreds if not thousands; you just never hear about it in the mainstream media.

The bigger point here is that guns really are an equalizer for law-abiding folks, especially women, who might not be able to protect themselves without a gun. I think the right to own and carry a weapon to protect yourself really is a civil rights issue. Certainly it is much wiser than depending on the police to arrive in time to save you. Why is it that the left continues to wage war on guns and women?
Let’s be brutally honest here, America: gun control groups Like Moms Demand Action don’t give a damn about your safety or survival.

They’re far more interested in your death, as long as they can blame it on “gun violence.”

If you’re strangled, stabbed, hacked, or bludgeoned to death, you’re “NaN” to them… not a number, a statistic that they can’t use. In their dark little hearts, they’re hoping that you’ll be killed with a gun, to be another useful bit of data to spin as they seek to limit the liberties of your fellow Americans.

They won’t talk about this incident, where the bad guy gets shot. They never do. They avoid the hundreds of thousands to millions of defensive gun uses every year like the plague. They don’t want to you to know the reality that this young woman in Las Vegas now knows firsthand.

Guns save lives.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ok, lets get something straight.

The percentage of people who would like to outlaw all guns, for all reasons, in all places, is about as high as the number of people who would like to outlaw blacks from voting.

So lets just start right there with this reality. There is no "war on guns". There are people, who have rationally thought this through, who do not believe that you, I, or anyone else should own assault weapons, that we should own a gun magazine that holds 30 rounds, and that people should have mental health checks before buying a gun from anyone, licensed dealer or private sale.

That is not a war on guns. That is not a war on women. Now, if your state decides to pass a law that goes against the second amendment, shoot for the moon, file a lawsuit, let the highest court in the land decide. I support gun ownership. I support concealed carry. I support men and women who feel like they need a gun for home defense to buy one. I just want to make sure they know how to use it correctly, that they aren't going to paint their heads read and walk into a movie theater and kill a bunch of people with them, and that if they do, they don't have the capacity to kill 30 folks before reloading. Because if they have 10 rounds, and use all of them, I'm coming up from behind my seat, and I only need one to stop the madness.
Yeah, they fail to understand those opinions are violation of my rights..

We have the right to own semi auto rifles.

We have the right to town self defense mags.

We have the right to a private sale of property.

They their is a war on the 2nd Amendment, there have been since the 1830`s by mostly democrats...

I found this list on this site...I have to admit the evidence is very damning.
//www.city-data.com/forum/35826801-post220.html

You can not make sure of anything, and trading the rights and freedoms of yourself and other people do not change this fact.

If they have 10 rounds they will just take better place shots, so you are OK with a 10 people being killed?

Maybe you should end gun free zones and stop giving these killers a area where they can kill uncontested..

Old 09-30-2014, 12:54 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,670,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I have guns because I like the taste of rabbit,elk,antelope,deer,squirrel etc etc and you can't buy it at the grocery store and I like dusting off a coyote at great distances as a challenge and to keep them off of our/and our neighbors young stock...the rest is secondary.

Whatever your reason THOSE are YOUR primary reasons but the second amendment was not created for a FREE state to go hunting.
That is secondary REASON because to kill animals you could use bow and arrows and I can assume murders and government will be using guns and or other weapons.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I know criminals don't obey the law, but we do have laws in place that makes it harder for them to break the law.

Thats just common in our justice system. Its common sense. We don't legalize murder because, criminals are going to murder people.
So if they do not obey the law, but they will some how care about how hard it is to break the law?

Once again using that meme does noting, why? Because murder is not useful nor moral, nor a benefit.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I have been shot at, on more then one occasion. Yes, I know exactly how I handle gunfire.
Did you return fire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies