Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 05:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by steven_h
You blame conservatives for EVERYTHING, and this insane drawing of partisan lines deserves sarcasm as a response.

When you bring a sane non-partisan open mindedness to the table, maybe you'll deserve an ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who told you that I wanted your ear?
Stupid is as stupid does. I said "an ear", not my ear. Thanks for confirming my assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I personally don't see a problem with Obama spending more time golfing than in these daily intelligence briefings.

Going to intelligence briefings can be a bit overwhelming and a bit of a downer. And besides on some of these days he already fund raising and tee times scheduled and it would be a bit much to squeeze in both.
I'd much rather he be out on the course where he won't do more damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 05:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Even if that were true, it didn't take a genius to know that ISIS could be a threat. I could tell that just by reading the newspaper accounts of what was happening in Syria. I actually kind of assumed that Obama knew it too, which was why he was so reluctant to go in there with guns blazing after Assad crossed his "red line." For a while there I was really glad that Obama was elected over John McCain, but it turns out that Obama was just being a *****, not prescient.
But ISIS isn't a threat to this country.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:06 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
The first beheading from a self-proclaimed ISIS member just took place in OK.

These aren't the droids your looking for, move on.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:16 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The first beheading from a self-proclaimed ISIS member just took place in OK.

These aren't the droids your looking for, move on.
Really? Who was the first one? Are you thinking of the guy who beheaded a coworker? Nothing I've read says he was a ISIS member. Beheading someone does not make you a member of ISIS.

Sigh.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:39 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Oh really?

Obama has said that ISIS IS A THREAT to the US. So have members of the joint chiefs of staff. ISIS has stated that they will strike the US.

Again, when you try to rationalize and excuse Obama's gross dereliction of his duties, it makes you look ridiculous.

No POTUS in US history has been as incompetent and lazy as Obama. Tell me one other president who skipped his intelligence briefings during wartime. I would offer that even in peacetime such a terrible record is unprecedented in US history.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Oh really?

Obama has said that ISIS IS A THREAT to the US. So have members of the joint chiefs of staff. ISIS has stated that they will strike the US.

Again, when you try to rationalize and excuse Obama's gross dereliction of his duties, it makes you look ridiculous.

No POTUS in US history has been as incompetent and lazy as Obama. Tell me one other president who skipped his intelligence briefings during wartime. I would offer that even in peacetime such a terrible record is unprecedented in US history.
Bush attended less then 1% of them.

PS-attendance isn't as important then reading them, and odds are both Bush and Obama have read them regularly.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:45 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Really? Who was the first one? Are you thinking of the guy who beheaded a coworker? Nothing I've read says he was a ISIS member. Beheading someone does not make you a member of ISIS.

Sigh.
He was, at the very least, a self proclaimed ISIS member. He was following the plea for all lone wolfs in other countries to kill not believers..
Stop blindly defending the communist azzhole in the White House, he is corrupt and incompetent and you who worship him and continue to defend him only make yourselves look foolish..
Sigh.....

Old 09-30-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
He was, at the very least, a self proclaimed ISIS member. He was following the plea for all lone wolfs in other countries to kill not believers..
Stop blindly defending the communist azzhole in the White House, he is corrupt and incompetent and you who worship him and continue to defend him only make yourselves look foolish..
Sigh.....
You are confusing the two people. The first one who actually did it, hasn't said any such thing. The second one is accused of saying it by his coworker.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Sigh.....
I didn't vote for Obama. I'm no fan. We have no business sending our sons and daughters into countries that don't want us there to fight against an idea that doesn't present us a viable end goal.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:55 PM

17,399 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bush attended less then 1% of them.

PS-attendance isn't as important then reading them, and odds are both Bush and Obama have read them regularly.

Maybe you're trying to be funny and alluding to something I missed, but Bush rarely missed a PDB.

And I'll agree that reading the briefs can substitute for an in person brief - BUT - to me it's looking like he not only skipped the PDBs, he skipped reading them (or taking them seriously) altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies