Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 12:22 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Look at that - someone making a choice of their own free will.

I have no right to judge one way or the other, that's for sure. But let me just point out that even the Catholic church has long held the position that when faced with a situation like this - when faced with the medical necessity of choosing between the mother or the fetus - saving the mother's life is a perfectly moral choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 12:22 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
The left is more in favor of killing babies than saving them, especially if the baby is a minority. Their actions are what speaks loudest. Their words mean nothing. Look to their leader, the boy king as an example of how they really behave.

This mother was selfless, something lefties are unfamiliar with.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:30 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
There isnt going to be any adoption here. She had two children out of wedlock with two different fathers. If she dies the children will no doubt collect SS until they are out of high school. The taxpayer picks up the tab for her decision. My first thought on this is why isnt this woman married? With two different fathers the children will probably be raised in different families...I am guessing conservative are going to be lauding this womans decison even though the taxpayer picks up the tab.
What an incredibly self-centered statement. You have NO IDEA what the future is for these children, and it's none of your business.

Quote:
As Lazar reports, friends and family have been helping Bridges take care of Paisley during the day. Her fiance, who is in the military, takes the night shift. None of them has second-guessed her decision. “She’s a real-life superhero, to be honest with you,” said Jessica, Bridges’ sister. Bridges, too, has no regrets. “Maybe I’m not supposed to be here and she is,” Bridges said of Paisley.
As a conservative Christian, I say GOD BLESS her for her courage. She probably realizes that she won't survive anyway, swo she made the logical choice to allow this new life the opportunity to survive.

This is the ONLY circumstance where I would not deny her the "right" to take the life of her baby, since God gives ALL creatures the right of self-defense. The CHOICE was/is hers, and this really was a brave choice.

God bless her.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
My existing children are more important than a 10 week old fetus. My life is more important than that of a 10 week old fetus.
Please don't breed

Old 01-18-2015, 12:37 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
This woman made a difficult choice, and her circumstance was unfortunate, and that's a word that doesn't even carry enough weight to do it justice. I personally have no stake in the matter either way. Whatever her choice would have been, I respect it has her choice. She's very brave for what she did and I hope that the child lives a full life knowing her mother's sacrifice.

It's a shame this story is being used for a political agenda though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The left is more in favor of killing babies than saving them, especially if the baby is a minority. Their actions are what speaks loudest. Their words mean nothing. Look to their leader, the boy king as an example of how they really behave.

I've never met anyone who likes abortions. Those who support it chose to do so because they place value in the mother's life and choice as well. Stop pretending that liberals and Democrats are a bunch of people who love the idea of dead babies and stop being a baby yourself and grow up.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I too think that it is selfish to have the child in spite of ones self and the already existing child. She was selfish when she had unprotected sex and is just compounding it by anticipating that society will take care of her children when she is gone. Is it not bad enough already that there are on average 400,000 children in foster care and adoption facilities, her kids do not get to go to the front of the line because their mom dies of cancer, so all she is doing is throwing her innocent children to the wolves. She is selfish and irresponsible in my opinion.
Look how JUDGMENTAL the Left is when a person makes a CHOICE they disagree with. Funny they come out with universal CONDEMNATION for this woman's CHOICE.

Is the Left's thinking a GENETIC DEFECT? They ALWAYS get it wrong -- Every time!

NO GREATER love has a woman than this; That she should lay down her life for another.
-- Jesus (paraphrased)

Old 01-18-2015, 12:54 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Please don't breed
You're aware you're complaining about a perfectly Biblical stance, right?

Old 01-18-2015, 12:58 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Look how JUDGMENTAL the Left is when a person makes a CHOICE they disagree with. Funny they come out with universal CONDEMNATION for this woman's CHOICE.

Is the Left's thinking a GENETIC DEFECT? They ALWAYS get it wrong -- Every time!

NO GREATER love has a woman than this; That she should lay down her life for another.
-- Jesus (paraphrased)
Umm... always get it wrong? Are you sure that's not an exaggeration or, dare I say it, a judgment?

Liberalism is an old philosophy, beginning to form in the late 1400s and truly reshaping governments and political structures in the late 1700s. Liberalism, and therefore liberals, brought forth representative governments, human rights, and constitutions. They got those right.

I agree, the accusation of this woman being selfish is unfair and quite judgmental, but being non-judgmental is not actually a liberal policy. Liberalism holds (or is supposed to hold) free speech as extremely important. Liberals and conservatives alike has the right to say whatever they please about this woman's choice, as does anyone who disagrees have the right to say something back.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:17 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A few people on this forum are obviously more pro-abortion than pro-choice.
This is not about abortion, it is about sacrificing oneself for an unborn child and ignoring that there is already one that needs her.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:00 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post

Mmm yes, so selfless that her real life kid is going to grow up w/out his mother. Boy, what a stand up gal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies