Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 08:06 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thanks for the laugh, the "conservative alternative plan" would mean less Americans would have insurance, that is how it is cheaper. From what I can see this looks like a joke of a poll that basically lied to the people they called in order to get the numbers they wanted.

Let me know when the Republicans want to actually put together a plan that is better than Obamacare, not worse. They have only had 6 years to come up with such a plan.
Impossible, there is NOTHING worse than obamacare, which is and always has been, doomed to failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 08:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: 60 Percent of Voters Want Obamacare to Be Repealed | The Weekly Standard

Wow!

Democrats really are out of touch with the will of the American people. Hopefully each and every politician who voted to enact this terrible scheme gets fired in November.

Only four short weeks until the Democrats' Waterloo. Can't wait.
Not going to happen unless there is a better system in place to replace it, going back to what we had will not fly, otherwise Millions would all of a sudden be without any healthcare coverage and the old system was a failure.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:07 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Thanks for the laugh, the "conservative alternative plan" would mean less Americans would have insurance, that is how it is cheaper. From what I can see this looks like a joke of a poll that basically lied to the people they called in order to get the numbers they wanted.
Wow, that's amazing. Obama's promise about Obamacare won lie of the year and you're here talking about this poll being a joke for lying to the people? I have to congratulate you, that really takes a lot of nerve. I'd be too embarrassed to say anything about the honesty of Obamacare opponents after the monumentally huge lie that was sold to get Obamacare passed. You have a lot of guts.
Quote:
Let me know when the Republicans want to actually put together a plan that is better than Obamacare, not worse. They have only had 6 years to come up with such a plan.
Newsflash: the Republicans already put forward a healthcare plan and the Democrats rejected it, then went all over the media shouting about how the Republicans had no solutions. So you're the victim of another Obamacare lie here. The whole "Republicans have no solutions" thing was a Democrat lie. The Republicans absolutely did have solutions. The Democrats just killed them and then used lies about Republicans having none as a selling point to get their own solution passed. You should look into the actual facts a little more next time instead of just accepting Democrat rhetoric.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:08 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
These are just plans that don't meet the minimum requirements, insurance companies can actually let them use these plans up to 2016, it is their choice of they want to cancel the plans sooner. The people losing their insurance are informed of their options and will more than likely pick another plan.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
No plan is better than Obamacare at this point.

Dems suffer from a lack of critical thinking, they wouldn't even let congress read the bill before voting.

Something must be done
This is something
Therefor it must be done
No plan is better than ACA? That's all you got? Thanks for the laugh, the Republicans are a joke when it comes to healthcare.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:10 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
These are just plans that don't meet the minimum requirements, insurance companies can actually let them use these plans up to 2016, it is their choice of they want to cancel the plans sooner. The people losing their insurance are informed of their options and will more than likely pick another plan.
So they will pay more for a plan they don't like and they won't be able to buy their current plan that they do like.

Sounds like a win for personal freedoms to me.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Impossible, there is NOTHING worse than obamacare, which is and always has been, doomed to failure.
Yet this "conservative alternative plan" is actually worse. How do you explain that one?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So they will pay more for a plan they don't like and they won't be able to buy their current plan that they do like.

Sounds like a win for personal freedoms to me.
Better than having no insurance or a junk plan that you pay for that doesn't actually cover anything.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Wow, that's amazing. Obama's promise about Obamacare won lie of the year and you're here talking about this poll being a joke for lying to the people? I have to congratulate you, that really takes a lot of nerve. I'd be too embarrassed to say anything about the honesty of Obamacare opponents after the monumentally huge lie that was sold to get Obamacare passed. You have a lot of guts.

Newsflash: the Republicans already put forward a healthcare plan and the Democrats rejected it, then went all over the media shouting about how the Republicans had no solutions. So you're the victim of another Obamacare lie here. The whole "Republicans have no solutions" thing was a Democrat lie. The Republicans absolutely did have solutions. The Democrats just killed them and then used lies about Republicans having none as a selling point to get their own solution passed. You should look into the actual facts a little more next time instead of just accepting Democrat rhetoric.
Feel free to link that Republican plan that you are talking about. It should have been easy for them to get this plan to pass the House since they are in control of the House.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:17 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Better than having no insurance or a junk plan that you pay for that doesn't actually cover anything.
Those "junk plans" cover what needs to be covered. Maybe the 50 year old man doesn't need prenatal coverage.

Let people decide for themselves what plan they like. I know statists like yourself have a hard time letting people make their own decisions.

And republicans have put forward a plan, just one example
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GO...lan_061709.pdf

I don't think I have seen so many talking points by one person in one thread before, about the only thing missing is Obamacare was actually a republican idea silliness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies