Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:16 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Well that solves that, lock the thread, everyone versatile knows likes Obamacare, nothing else left to talk about.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 01:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Reform the federal statutory tax law, to expand choices and make health plans personal, portable and affordable.

We should empower patients, not Washington bureaucrats. - Ted Cruz.
"Affordable" is a highly subjective term.

So is the term " adequate".

Exactly how would any government make healthcare plans "affordable" in absence of a subsidy?

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-01-2014 at 01:27 PM..

Old 10-01-2014, 01:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
We all know cancer patients can just roll into the ER and start their chemo treatment right up.....don you know that?!?!?!
I have acquired a deep appreciation for how so many know so little about healthcare insurance and/or the 1986 EMTALA legislation.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:29 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have acquired a deep appreciation for how so many know so little about healthcare insurance and/or the 1986 EMTALA legislation.
You do realize I am being Sarcastic and jabbing at the right...correct?

Old 10-01-2014, 02:55 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thanks for the laugh, the "conservative alternative plan" would mean less Americans would have insurance, that is how it is cheaper. From what I can see this looks like a joke of a poll that basically lied to the people they called in order to get the numbers they wanted.

Let me know when the Republicans want to actually put together a plan that is better than Obamacare, not worse. They have only had 6 years to come up with such a plan.
We don't need to propose a solution when there was no problem to solve. Obamacare is the equivalent of forcing people to buy alligator insurance.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:08 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Exactly why a centralized solution for all is ridiculous. Have a stupid plan, let those who want it join and those that don't find an alternative...I swear after seeing this gargantuan pile of law that no one can understand completely, not even those who voted for it, it would have been simpler and probably far cheaper to just expand medicaid...I mean if we are going to be totalitarians and all about it... :P

Old 10-01-2014, 05:10 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thanks for the laugh, the "conservative alternative plan" would mean less Americans would have insurance, that is how it is cheaper. From what I can see this looks like a joke of a poll that basically lied to the people they called in order to get the numbers they wanted.

Let me know when the Republicans want to actually put together a plan that is better than Obamacare, not worse. They have only had 6 years to come up with such a plan.

You're saying a bad plan is better?
"Might as well do something, even if it's wrong".

How many are uninsured now?
Compare it to the estimates/promises.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:25 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Number of respondents by geographical location:

New England: 50
Mid-Atlantic: 130
East North Central: 170
West North Central: 61
South Atlantic: 221
East South Central: 57
Mountain: 75
Pacific: 130

Remain Law/Repeal & Replace/Repeal Only (in percentages)
By how voter will vote on generic ballot
Republican: 11/61/25
Democratic: 58/27/5
Undecided: 20/44/16

Remain Law/Repeal & Replace/Repeal Only
By party and ideology
Republican Liberal: 43/47/11
Republican Moderate: 12/55/26
Republican Conservative: 7/66/27

Democrat Liberal: 66/21/6
Democrat Moderate: 46/36/8
Democrat Conservative: 38/41/11

Independent Liberal: 43/41/6
Independent Moderate: 26/42/18
Independent Conservative: 11/57/22

Here is an example of a leading question on the poll:
"Would you support or oppose repealing and replacing Obamacare with a conservative alternative that would save $1 trillion, reduce premiums, enhance access to doctors, and increase the number of people with private insurance by 6 million, but would cover 6 miller fewer people overall because fewer people would be on Medicaid? Plus, you'd get a pony and daily free ice cream."

Ok, I added the part about the pony and ice cream, but because that's what the question is - a fantasy question. "Take your pick - an existing system that has its problems, or something that's wonderful, full of fantastic things (but doesn't exist)?" "Uh... I'll take the wonderful, fantastic option!"

This poll is an outlier. Polls consistently show that despite a majority disapproving of the ACA (with disapproval due to various reasons, not all of them anti-universal healthcare), a minority wants it repealed. Most recently, a September Washington Post/ABC News poll found 57/39 split on keep/repeal.

Even in Romney states, more want to keep Obamacare than repeal it - The Washington Post

Old 10-01-2014, 05:27 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
What else is funny?

Of the people who want Obamacare repealed, how many of them like the Affordable Care Act?

Six of One - Obamacare vs. The Affordable Care Act - YouTube

I swear... most Americans are frighteningly ignorant.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Those "junk plans" cover what needs to be covered. Maybe the 50 year old man doesn't need prenatal coverage.

Let people decide for themselves what plan they like. I know statists like yourself have a hard time letting people make their own decisions.

And republicans have put forward a plan, just one example
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GO...lan_061709.pdf

I don't think I have seen so many talking points by one person in one thread before, about the only thing missing is Obamacare was actually a republican idea silliness.
Well that is how insurance works, it covers a general amount of things, not just what you think you need and don't need.

Think of it like cable, you might only watch a few channels, but you are still gonna have to pay for the whole package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies