Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 10:16 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
I am pretty sure she meant during pregnancy. You know, abortion.
I doubt terminating during a pregnancy was her point. You can't determine what race a baby is/will be during pregnancy. You can't rebuild a destroyed argument with false predictions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 10:40 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Like most right wingers, you are trying to turn this into a simplistic racial issue. It's not. She has a case because she ordered 380 and got 330. The race has nothing to do with that.
We don't know if she would raised such a ruckus had the eventual donor had been white.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:04 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Two lesbian women who are white are suing the sperm bank that assisted them in having a child because the sperm used was from a black man.

Their claim hinges on a few things but they have stated publicly that they live in a predominantly white neighborhood and feel a black child would not have the same opportunities or acceptance as in a different neighborhood.

The huge question that no one wants to talk about isn't the goof at the sperm bank but how is it that this lesbian couple would have been perfectly content living where they are had the child not been the product of a black man's sperm.

There we have it. There isn't really any tolerance in the LGBT community unless it it tolerance for their way of thinking.

They were ok with living in an all white neighborhood before. So how tolerant are they really? They never noticed there were no blacks where they lived? I bet that neither of the lesbian women would even consider being with a black woman.

The LGBT community asks and demands tolerance yet when it comes to their own choices, tolerance isn't considered, it is their way or the highway.
2 women do not make the whole LGBT community. There are ir same sex couples. there are LGBT people who adopt children of color. to say these two represent the LGBT community is silly, don't you think. if anything, they are atypical of many LGBT people. many prefer to live in more urban, diverse areas. not too many want to be in bf Ohio around a bunch of bigots.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:28 PM

24 posts, read 70,149 times
sounds like a cash grab and buyer's remorse.

i'd love to see the discovery process during trial so she could 'prove' all the wild "white racism" attacks in her town. these vile townspeople accepted a lesbian couple but not a mulatto baby? maybe...let her bring these examples to a court of law. if she can't prove them, she deserves to be punished for a hate crime. *popcorn*

Old 10-04-2014, 01:38 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I approve of her doing this. What else is this place messing up on? Come on people, you all know she's right. Leave the PC spin out of it.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:46 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
as a patient during a medical procedure you are not allowed to get up and inspect what you want. this is a sterile environment. should a heart patient, kidney or whatever get up before having an operation and check things out to make sure they are ok. are patience now supposed to have medical knowledge?
I have had a number of operations and medical procedures and I take personal responsibility to make sure the surgeon, nurse, or other Dr. know what is going to be done. I have a conversation with them and I check my chart. Take reasonable precautions before the procedure and if you have any doubts don't proceed until your confident everyone is on the same page. It's your body why roll the dice. Parents do no less for their children but as an adult you need to do the same for yourself.

If you go in for a tonsillectomy and they prep. you for a colonoscopy you might want to raise your objection before they knock you out.

If they are removing a limb like your left foot. All the more reason to to make sure you do everything possible and have those conversations before the operation.

If you want to jump up on the table and let Dr. Frankenstein do as he wishes it is a choice.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:39 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I doubt terminating during a pregnancy was her point. You can't determine what race a baby is/will be during pregnancy. You can't rebuild a destroyed argument with false predictions...
Sure you can. Paternity tests have been done for fetuses. A genetic test could determine the race of the child. The thing is, the couple would probably not think to do such a thing because they assumed they wouldn't need to.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:18 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Business screwed up her order, business gets sued due to their mistake. I have no problem with this at all. I don't see how anyone could.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:20 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
They always scr3w ya in the drive-thru.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:36 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
I followed this thread for all 20-some pages and stand by my early assessment.

Proving negligence on the part of the sperm bank is an open and shut case. A no brainer, actually.
Damages are another matter. What are the damages?
They received a perfectly normal healthy baby with the exception that it wasn't the color they were looking for.
How exactly were they damaged? Was there a skin tone warranty?
For a judge to award damages, even after finding negligence, he would have to find that a black baby was not as good as a white baby.
After all is said and done, I don't think a judge is ready to rule that way. Different is not always defective and in this case that would be the overriding conclusion.

I hope the case does go to court rather than settle out of court as the defendants are guilty without a doubt but the plaintiffs were not damaged by the defendant's actions.
Very interesting legal ramifications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies