Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:23 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Asians have lowest turnout rate of all voters.
It was highest in the 2008 presidential election, but that was an outlier.

Asian voter turnout in midterm elections has trailed whites, blacks | Pew Research Center
Interesting, thanks.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:37 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphan View Post
I'm Asian and a democrat..... and I find it amusing how hard some liberals like the OP work to brad the GOP as the party of bigotry. Most of my friends here in Memphis are white conservatives. They actually seem to relate to my culture very well and I theirs.

Hell, my wife is a white conservative.

Also, the governor of my home state is a republican of Indian descent. Jindal was elected by a bunch of white southerners to run their state, and he remains an incredibly popular governor there.

As a former Obama supporter, I think it's time to drop the excuses and face the fact that our guy is a dud. His critics have plenty to chew on that has nothing to do with his race. It's not like he can run again, so you can drop the race obsession now.
Actually, it's not work at all. Or at least, not for my side. When republicans openly, and repeatedly, support violence against random black people, stopping them from voting, having the president show his birth certificate, college entrance exams, grades, and on, we all know exactly what's happening. And when republicans rush out and *give money* to the latest guy who chased down and shot a black kid for walking down the street, as we've seen several times, we know what's happening.

Sorry, but Obama is overall, a very good president.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:38 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This is a huge problem for Conservatives. Asian-Americans are immigrating to the South in record numbers, and will have a heavy influence on the voting trends in that region, the heart of the GOP. Asian-Americans favor DEMOCRATS, recognizing that Republicans are and have traditionally been the party of bigots and people who discriminate against Asian-Americans and minorities. This is great news for the country.

Asian-Americans Make Up The Fastest Growing Voting Bloc In The South
I generally found that Democrat's consist of two groups.. The very wealthy democrats that enjoy keeping very poor democrat's poor while enriching their own pockets. Obama and his pumping is a great example. Sadly, poor democrats blame everyone but themselves and continue to vote wealthy democrat's into office. Generally, individuals who work and make reasonable wages and whose very same wages are taken by the wealthy democrat's to pay poor democrat's to stay poor are conservatives because they realize how screwed up liberals really are...

We can therefore assume that since Asian-Americans are generally smarter than poor democrats, work hard and expect to keep a reasonable amount of their income they will most likely, at some point, vote conservative.

Sounds reasonable eh?

Old 10-02-2014, 01:42 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Actually, it's not work at all. Or at least, not for my side. When republicans openly, and repeatedly, support violence against random black people, stopping them from voting, having the president show his birth certificate, college entrance exams, grades, and on, we all know exactly what's happening. And when republicans rush out and *give money* to the latest guy who chased down and shot a black kid for walking down the street, as we've seen several times, we know what's happening.

We are doomed... If your parents pumped you full of this B.S. growing up we are truly doomed and you will never ever have peace...

Old 10-02-2014, 02:02 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This is the first time I'm hearing having Asian-Americans in the South is a big problem for anyone. The question I have for Democrats is, "Why are they fleeing the blue states?" Oh wait, the Huffy Post doesn't mention it...
Oh wait, they're immigrating. The article clearly states this.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I agree. A distinction needs to be made for the GOP pre and post Civil Rights Act of 1964. What OP means is the GOP post-CRA 1964
Exactly! As its been explained to me by 2 college history professors, "the parties switched ideals over the centuries."

I know this comes as a blow to all the Rs who claim Lincoln as "theirs." I wouldn't want to except the reality either if i was one of them.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
We are doomed... If your parents pumped you full of this B.S. growing up we are truly doomed and you will never ever have peace...
I know I probably won't. Believe me, i wish all the time that I could join the GOP and live in ignorant bliss. Just like I wish i could blindly believe in God.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:48 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post

That's quite a vision you have there.

Or do you have links from credible sources to prove what you claim??

Old 10-02-2014, 02:52 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I know I probably won't. Believe me, i wish all the time that I could join the GOP and live in ignorant bliss. Just like I wish i could blindly believe in God.

What a good little soldier. Still following your marching orders that were handed to you in 2008.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:22 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
It's strange. Even very liberal Montgomery county is segregated just by the demographics in schools.

De facto segregation threatens Montgomery public schools - Greater Greater Washington

I don't think liberals are very honest about themselves. While conservatives may openly discuss what they dislike, at least they're being honest about it. Even if I'm a minority I'm not sure how offended I should be if someone throws it at me.
So no defense from liberals as to why it's ok for a school system in a very liberal county lIke this one to be segregated? Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies