Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 08:14 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Finally, note where the McCain plunge begins -- right around October 8th (pace Dave Barry). What happened that week? Well, October 7th was the night of the second presidential debate, the town-hall format one that included McCain's famous "that one" reference to Obama. That debate turned mostly on economic matters, with the candidates charting out different positions on how to rescue the economy. Sixty-three million people watched the debate - a 21% increase over the first Obama-McCain debate and the biggest viewership for a presidential debate since 1992.

So here's my interpretation: By the 2nd week of October, voters recognized the economy was tanking. The high public attention on the 2nd debate gave voters an opportunity to apply their knowledge of the economy to the political world, and they chose to blame the economy's collapse on the incumbent party. Palin was along for the ride on this. Her star was tied to John McCain's, and his to the interaction of party and economics.

Enik Rising: Palin's effect on the 2008 election

P.S. I didn't vote for McCain/Palin
Thanks for the link
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Wrong! Long before Sarah Palin (who is no idiot, by the way) was chosen for McCain's running mate, Obama was given undue attention in the mainstream media and being painted as a Messiah, and even as "brilliant."

Though McCain failed to get much traction, the truth is that once Sarah Palin was announced as his running mate, the ticket gained momentum. Sarah Palin drew huge crowds and brought in much money. She was (and still is) very popular. And Sarah Palin was a very popular governor as well. You are buying into the lies of the mainstream propaganda machine, which immediately went to work to destroy Palin, pulling out all the stops, and engaging in some of the dirtiest tactics in American election history. They still do it.
I see it different..and I will offer you,Georgia Dem and Ed all the same challenge..post some relable,no blogger links to show Palin is not an idiot...the things she did for the Alaskan people that were not spoon fed to her by the oil companies...ill take ANYTHING ...just show us her qualifications and the proof she is not an idiot...ill provide link for link in rebuttal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 08:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Thanks for the link

I see it different..and I will offer you,Georgia Dem and Ed all the same challenge..post some relable,no blogger links to show Palin is not an idiot...the things she did for the Alaskan people that were not spoon fed to her by the oil companies...ill take ANYTHING ...just show us her qualifications and the proof she is not an idiot...ill provide link for link in rebuttal.
Palin would have been a poor VP. McCain would have been dangerous as president.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Palin would have been a poor VP. McCain would have been dangerous as president.
You think McCain would have invaded more countries than Obama already has ?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You think McCain would have invaded more countries than Obama already has ?
Yes I do. (I didn't vote for Obama either)

Old 10-02-2014, 12:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Actually, it was due to the lies put out by harry reid and the 95% of msm lies about him all the while ignoring obama's failed 1st term, lack of character and lies.
Romney chocked after the first debate. He embellished when the mere facts were enough, more than enough to hammer Obama. His embellishments were then used to hang Romney.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:20 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Romney chocked after the first debate. He embellished when the mere facts were enough, more than enough to hammer Obama. His embellishments were then used to hang Romney.
Not just the embellishments. The refusal to show more of his tax returns killed him for me. His own father was the one who started the idea that more then a few years of tax returns was needed!

I agree though, Romney hammered Obama in the first debate, if it wasn't for the taxes he might have gotten my vote.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:23 PM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Correct.
The second time around they ran a guy with the personality of wet cardboard. I believe he was infinitely more qualified as a leader, but lacked the charisma to attract votes. Unfortunately elections are about popularity over substance.

Some of us vote for the more qualified.
Apparently all too many don't

Old 10-02-2014, 03:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Well Obama was given the info yet you attack the messenger.

Because his "WH Extension Press Corps" of CNN & MSNBC are silent (no surprise) it's invalid?
Even Chris Matthews has lost that "tingle" and calls Obama lazy.

Chris Matthews: Obama Getting "Intellectually Lazy," "Atrophied" By People Like Valerie Jarrett, Michelle Obama | Video | RealClearPolitics

Old 10-02-2014, 03:38 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
Intel Chief James Clapper exposes Obama's lies
Interesting change of tone for Clapper but you know... whatever.

Quote:
JAMES CLAPPER: “What we didn’t do was predict the will to fight. That’s always a problem. We didn’t do it in Vietnam.
We underestimated the Viet Cong and the North Vietnamese and overestimated the will of the South Vietnamese.
In this case, WE underestimated ISIL [the Islamic State] and overestimated the fighting capability of the Iraqi army. . . .
I didn’t see the collapse of the Iraqi security force in the north coming. I didn’t see that.
It boils down to predicting the will to fight, which is an imponderable.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies