Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 11:20 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But many of these people cannot pay those high premiums without the subsidies.
Those Obamacare premiums are higher than before Obamacare and are only "affordable" now due to the subsidies.

This is what you get when an ill conceived program is shoved through based on "we have to pass it in order to know what's in it!"

How did that sound like a good plan to anyone?

I just looked up

Old 10-02-2014, 11:21 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, in my country, we all pay for it.
How do the people without jobs pay for it?

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is what you get when an ill conceived program is shoved through based on "we have to pass it in order to know what's in it!"

How did that sound like a good plan to anyone?
How did it get passed if the GOP did not vote for it?

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Sorry, it's a right in this country. It's literally a matter of life and death, and shouldn't only be available for those who can afford it.
No, it is not.

Inherent rights are something you are born with, and they do not include services that others must provide.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:22 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Let's see... Life. Liberty, Pursuit or Happiness - check. Freedom of Speech - check. Freedom of Assembly - check. Fair and Impartial Trial - check. Right to vote - yep! Where's the part about healthcare?

It's a right only as far as the liberal left has been able to push it via shenanigans. A matter of life and death? How so? Has anyone, anywhere, at any time ultimately been spared from dying at some point? You say people should have a higher quality of life? Well so should I, so will you guarantee me a bigger house, a nicer car, and more frequent vacations? After all, if some have those things and I don't, well that's just not fair! They shouldn't be available only to those who can afford them, right?

OK, forget about the car part. I already have a nice car. I'm not saying everyone can't have one. I'm not saying everyone shouldn't have one. I'm just of the mind that I'm not going to pay for everyone to have one. If you want one, then go buy one through your own means. If you can't afford one, don't come crying to me. If you really need one, you'll find a way or do without - just like any other consumer product - but it's not up to society to provide one for you.
What are you babbling about? You won't die if you don't have a bigger house, a nicer car or ore frequent vacations.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:23 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
How did it get passed if the GOP did not vote for it?
Are you kidding me? The GOP was locked out and not a single Republican voted for it. The DNC controlled the House and Senate for two years. Did you forget that?

Old 10-02-2014, 11:24 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
It's not that I don't have a heart, but I am a big believer in personal responsibility. And the problem is, it's like there are no limits / boundaries. Want to argue critical healthcare should be subsidized? Okay, in a vacuum, I could see that. But within six months, it turns into taxpayers paying for some loon's gender change. A little assistance for those down on tough times? Okay, I can get there on that. But the system is overloaded by people who make this a way of life. And that is where the resentment come from.
Healthcare, unemployment, other benefits for our fellow countrymen? Okay, maybe but we're stretching here. Oh wait, now you want to let anyone into the country that wants these benefits? Overload the system with 20 million illegal people? Why would this ever be allowed?
Where do you draw the line? That's the problem. And the rampant abuse of the system is what makes hard working people so resentful.

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
What are you babbling about? You won't die if you don't have a bigger house, a nicer car or ore frequent vacations.
You wont but he would.

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Let's see... Life. Liberty, Pursuit of Happiness - check. Freedom of Speech - check. Freedom of Assembly - check. Fair and Impartial Trial - check. Right to vote - yep! Where's the part about healthcare?

It's a right only as far as the liberal left has been able to push it via shenanigans. A matter of life and death? How so? Has anyone, anywhere, at any time ultimately been spared from dying at some point? You say people should have a higher quality of life? Well so should I, so will you guarantee me a bigger house, a nicer car, and more frequent vacations? After all, if some have those things and I don't, well that's just not fair! They shouldn't be available only to those who can afford them, right?

OK, forget about the car part. I already have a nice car. I'm not saying everyone can't have one. I'm not saying everyone shouldn't have one. I'm just of the mind that I'm not going to pay for everyone to have one. If you want one, then go buy one through your own means. If you can't afford one, don't come crying to me. If you really need one, you'll find a way or do without - just like any other consumer product - but it's not up to society to provide one for you.
Just a small reality check to add: You already do pay for those without insurance through higher healthcare costs and higher Insurance Premiums, getting rid of ACA will only increase those costs even more.

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's what they mean by "passing the law to see what's in it". Perhaps, just perhaps, it would be a good idea to actually read a bill before signing it.
Get out of here with your crazy ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies